Non-imm O

I am sure it's explained somewhere, but I am also sure someone could reply to me much faster than I would be able to find the answer myself:

I have the 400K in the bank, got the statement, going to Suan Plu on Monday for the application. When can I start getting some money out of the bank? I will need 20K at the beginning of September, my application won't have been processed for sure. But would they go and check my bank account is still the initial 400K? And even if they do, would it be a problem to have withdrawn a small amount, since the money is there to suppor the family, right, so I should use it to that aim.

Thanks.

Matcube

I am sure it's explained somewhere, but I am also sure someone could reply to me much faster than I would be able to find the answer myself:

I have the 400K in the bank, got the statement, going to Suan Plu on Monday for the application. When can I start getting some money out of the bank? I will need 20K at the beginning of September, my application won't have been processed for sure. But would they go and check my bank account is still the initial 400K? And even if they do, would it be a problem to have withdrawn a small amount, since the money is there to suppor the family, right, so I should use it to that aim.

Thanks.

Matcube

The money needs to remain in the bank untouched until you have the stamp in your Passport.... depending upon which immigration office you go to that can be anything up to three months.

You should point this out when you do the extension of stay - I believe they can notate and it will not be a problem if other factors seem to be positive (but not being able to last a week may not help the positive factors as you are expected to have income to replenish this money). Without telling them they may indeed find money has been removed and hold up approval. Normally it is not more that a 45 day process in Bangkok.

Thanks Lopburi. What I find absurd and funny at the same time is that most of the 400K money comes from my wife. She doesn't need any support from me, in fact she earns enough to cover her and my living expenses... Thai law doesn't seem to contemplate that case, apparently. To thai lawmakers, the only reason a Thai woman may want to marry a foreigner is to get financial support.

On a related issue, which I asked a couple of days before but it disappeared out of page 1 before receiving any reply: I will leave the Kingdom with a return ticket from BKK on Oct 1. By then the extension of permit of stay is unlikely ready. I am afraid that once in Milan airport, they may not allow me on the (one-way) plane to Thailand without proper permit of stay/visa. It's the airline personnel that may interfere, as they did before. Do I have any voice? Anybody know the law/rules? After all, were I to walk into Thailand, I'd have no problem entering.

Thanks again.

Thanks Lopburi. What I find absurd and funny at the same time is that most of the 400K money comes from my wife. She doesn't need any support from me, in fact she earns enough to cover her and my living expenses... Thai law doesn't seem to contemplate that case, apparently. To thai lawmakers, the only reason a Thai woman may want to marry a foreigner is to get financial support.

On a related issue, which I asked a couple of days before but it disappeared out of page 1 before receiving any reply: I will leave the Kingdom with a return ticket from BKK on Oct 1. By then the extension of permit of stay is unlikely ready. I am afraid that once in Milan airport, they may not allow me on the (one-way) plane to Thailand without proper permit of stay/visa. It's the airline personnel that may interfere, as they did before. Do I have any voice? Anybody know the law/rules? After all, were I to walk into Thailand, I'd have no problem entering.

Thanks again.

You need to apply for a re-entry permit from immigration before you leave Thailand - multiple or single entry. If you don't do this you'll have to restart the 'extention of stay' application all over again.

Hope this helps

GeoffPhuket

You must be in Thailand when your under review expires to receive either the one year extension of stay or another under review stamp. Any re entry permit only covers you until that under review date. If you are not here before that date you will not be allowed to enter Thailand with the under review/re entry permit and will only receive an airport entry stamp (if the airline even allows you to board). If you have a valid re entry permit (returning before expiration date) airline should accept that and allow you to board.

The money used for a support Thai wife extension of stay should be yours. Your application may well not be approved if your wife is putting this money up. In that case the best you can do is to try and obtain a multi entry non immigrant O visa which will require visa runs every 90 days.

The money used for a support Thai wife extension of stay should be yours. Your application may well not be approved if your wife is putting this money up. In that case the best you can do is to try and obtain a multi entry non immigrant O visa which will require visa runs every 90 days.

Good to know! How do they know whose money it is? Do they have a way to know?

Good to know! How do they know whose money it is? Do they have a way to know?

They can ask for proof of remittance from a foreign bank and check your bank book