CDC has completed drafting of a new charter except the provisional chapter

Lite Beer

CDC has completed drafting of a new charter except the provisional chapter

2-27-2015-8-54-52-PM-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Constitution Drafting Committee has completed its task of drafting of a new charter with the exception of the provisional chapter, CDC spokesman General Lertrat Rattanavanich said Friday.

He said that the last chapter endorsed by the CDC is about constitutional amendments. He explained that there are certain sections which cannot be amended at all; sections which can be amended through parliamentary process and and which require a referendum for their approval.

General Lertrat pointed at Section 5 of the draft charter which states that every five years since the promulgation of the constitution, a panel of independent scholars will be formed by MPs, senators, the cabinet, the Supreme Court, the Constitutional Court, the Supreme Administrative Court and charter-mandated organizations to make an assessment of the enforcement of the charter and to propose amendments if the panel feels fit.

CDC chairman Dr Bovornsak Uwanno, meanwhile, said he was satisfied with the performance of the CDC in the drafting of the charter in the past five days.

He said that the CDC had done its job on schedules.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/cdc-has-completed-drafting-of-a-new-charter-except-the-provisional-chapter

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2015-02-27

Who is going to select the experts that select the experts that select the experts that will finally provide a "DEMOCRATIC" voice in the senate?

And a non elected PM! Who are these people drafting the new charter? I wonder who the experts were that chose them?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Who is going to select the experts that select the experts that select the experts that will finally provide a "DEMOCRATIC" voice in the senate?

And a non elected PM! Who are these people drafting the new charter? I wonder who the experts were that chose them?

Isn't England's House of Lords non-elected? How is this different? I'll wait.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

my guess is that your ability to pose the question means that you already understand how it is different. coffee1.gif

• Like 2

my guess is that your ability to pose the question means that you already understand how it is different. coffee1.gif

Absolutely!

Even in the Thai Senate there's no one there because his family was there even before Thailand had a Senate.

So, I wonder when we'll get a view on the new Constitution, preferably in English that is only I'd manage with one in French, German or Dutch.

Absolutely!

Even in the Thai Senate there's no one there because his family was there even before Thailand had a Senate.

So, I wonder when we'll get a view on the new Constitution, preferably in English that is only I'd manage with one in French, German or Dutch.

What does that even mean?

• Like 1

Absolutely!

What does that even mean?

Well, I was scratching my head as well, thinking that he is just trolling again, ....

but, in this case, after a couple of Thai whiskey & coke... laugh.png

• Like 1

Why don't you research your question? For example from InfoPlease a couple of points:

- Effective power resides in the Commons, whose 650 members are elected from single-member constituencies. The executive—the cabinet of ministers headed by the prime minister, who is the head of government—is usually drawn from the party holding the most seats in the Commons

- The House of Lords may take a part in shaping legislation, but it cannot permanently block a bill passed by the Commons, and it has no authority over money bills. UK's House of Comons is essentially an elelected coalition government.

UK does not have the multitude (now10?) of independent unelected organizations called for by the CDC that can impede Commons legislation and proceedngs. It has no provision for an uneleted PM who can take offce at any time. In fact other than the short 1,000-year Magna Charter, UK has no specific constitution!

• Like 1

Why don't you research your question? For example from InfoPlease a couple of points:

- Effective power resides in the Commons, whose 650 members are elected from single-member constituencies. The executive—the cabinet of ministers headed by the prime minister, who is the head of government—is usually drawn from the party holding the most seats in the Commons

- The House of Lords may take a part in shaping legislation, but it cannot permanently block a bill passed by the Commons, and it has no authority over money bills. UK's House of Comons is essentially an elelected coalition government.

UK does not have the multitude (now10?) of independent unelected organizations called for by the CDC that can impede Commons legislation and proceedngs. It has no provision for an uneleted PM who can take offce at any time. In fact other than the short 1,000-year Magna Charter, UK has no specific constitution!

Only an 800 year old Magna Charta establishing the rights of rebel barons and no specific constitution?

I really start to pity the poor British population. Even the Thai have constitutions. Surely the attention of a number of posters will now be focussed on this new, deprived group of humans.

Edited by rubl

He explained that there are certain sections which cannot be amended at all; sections which can be amended through parliamentary process and and which require a referendum for their approval.

Did they include the caveat that says, 'all of this applies unless the electorate get it wrong when voting for the politicians - in which case the army may choose the coup option and start the process again and again and again and again and again....................'cheesy.gif