Prayut to lead 'super board' on education system reform

Lite Beer

It has begun,... The brainwashing procedure is on the move...

3 ABSOLUTE CORE VALUES:

1. Put up

2. Shut up

3. Do as you're told without questioning...

It started in 1952 when the powers that be at the time decided to change the National curriculum from what was almost an international framework to what you have now. Stalin would be impressed by the brainwashing that has allowed the Elite/Corrupt/Generals to steal billions from this country ever since. The latest round of punitive measures is made by despots, for despots. My worry is what will happen when the retaliation begins. What is needed is a consensual and organised democratic approach to a 21st century country rather than the 19th century approach we are seeing now.

This Nation deserves much better than the the corrupt Generals, bigoted Elite and others who have raped this country of trillions, wake up Thailand, nothing in this world is for free but much is worth fighting for by argument and the will of the people.

Edited by whatawonderfulday
  • Like 2

What the <deleted> does he know about education reforms. He should leave it to people with expertise and they should be consulting with the best in this area from all over the world.

If Thailand wants to compete on a world level they should recruit the best from all all over the world surely?

It's pretty clear Thailand is now just under a dictatorship.

The absolute stupidity of most of the posters on here is breathtaking.

What does he have to know about education to chair a panel ? A panel of experts.

The same as he has to know about rice to chair the group on rice, which he does.

All he has to know is how to get them into gear and kick their collective asses if they are not working, and kicking asses seems to be one of his specialties.

His experience is as a general in the army, do you think he did everything in the army himself, did he need the expertise of an army surgeon, a helicopter pilot, a bomb disposal man ? No he gave orders and if these orders werent followed look out.

There are plenty of people out there who know what is wrong with the system and have the expertise to put together methods of fixing it. These are the ones who will be brought together, who will be coming up with the ideas, the solutions, the methods from their collective experience.

His job as chair will be to sit at the top of the table and tell them, right you have come up with these ideas now get it done, just the same as he used to do in the army.

The difficult part will be getting the (as I read elsewhere) 'decades of entrenched attitudes' changed throughout the whole system.

It seems the general has never been to a school outside the military (see my post #74), has no degree higher than a BS, has no education experience, and allows superstition to guide his actions--dousing himself with holy water to ward off curses, arranging his office according to some feng shui beliefs, wearing lucky rings with names, etc. I'll ask the same question I asked in my earlier post; would you want someone like this in charge of your countries education system?

"His experience is as a general in the army, do you think he did everything in the army himself, did he need the expertise of an army surgeon, a helicopter pilot, a bomb disposal man ? No he gave orders and if these orders werent followed look out."

You've never served in the military, have you? The head of Thailand's army hospitals probably has some medical training and experience, the top man in charge of helicopters is probably a helicopter pilot, the man in charge of artillery should have some artillery experience. At least that's how it works in a functioning military--they have people in charge of specialties that have knowledge and experience in these areas. If Prayuth were acting like a proper general he would find someone with impressive education qualifications and put that person in charge of the panel. Instead, Prayuth is acting like a politician, giving priority to headlines instead of progress.

"His job as chair will be to sit at the top of the table and tell them, right you have come up with these ideas now get it done, just the same as he used to do in the army."

Your management knowledge comes from watching movies, doesn't it?

"The absolute stupidity of most of the posters on here is breathtaking."

I think people who are happy to let a man like this lead a 'super board' on reforming the education system are the ones who are intellectually lacking.

Ouch.....

At least he is doing something ! Next to corruption this is probably the most serious problem facing Thailand

What exactly is he doing? He is not competent to oversee changes to an educational system. He may have the finest intentions, but he hasn't the slightest clue when it comes to pedagogy. This is like a chap who fancies himself a handyman deciding he will now take on the service of a B787.

So you think this guy is a one man band? What he is doing is leading a reform council with very many different departments surrounding himself with experts in their fields. A personal friend of mine who is a university chancellor and professor is one of several on the committee to reform education.Everyone knows the education here is terrible and the general is determined to fix it . It may take a huge effort but give the guy credit for putting the wheels of change on the road.

But if your friend is a university chancellor he is almost certainly part of the problem.Prayuth's comments on the sector are absurd and ignorant and not to be taken seriously.The two key priorities are to provide quality education for all the country's children not just the suburban middle classes - and secondly to encourage critical thinking at all levels.The latter is of course problematic for those who hate democracy.

• Like 2

IMO the base root of the problem is the unofficial NO Fail Policy. If the student moves on to the next year no matter what, why study. With this system only the handful of keen students per class will really move on to a better future leaving the rest to just flounder along playing on their phones in their Mom & Pop business. This problem would probably occur in western countries if it were employed there. NO incentive to learn & NO punishment either...........NO future!!!

• Like 1

You and I would have said "....important subjects like Maths, Science, English, Thai (and a host of others but he said "....Important subjects such as civic duties, history, democracy and patriotism need to be included,

So its pure indoctrination of the young folk to finally erase any Thaksin after taste. These subjects are only important to him and his friends because they still believe they can brain wash the masses like they have been doing for a century and more. A hundred years ago news arrived 3 days later on horse back.

The genie is out of the bottle, social media will put paid to this man.....most hope it will be sooner

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

But; but....he has so many jobs already. I mean; has he personally written the new soap shows he said he would do ? Has he stamped out corruption like he said he would do ? (Lol). Has he brought ''Happiness to the people '' like he said he would do ? Has he started building his Train Set yet ?

My word; he is such an expert in all subjects !

More deliberately misleading rubbish.

He never said he would wipe out corruption in a few months.

Here's a question for you: ' Could you or could you suggest someone who could actually wipe out corruption in Thailand in a few months?

Serious question, I look forward to your esteemed advice.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

At least he is doing something ! Next to corruption this is probably the most serious problem facing Thailand

What exactly is he doing? He is not competent to oversee changes to an educational system. He may have the finest intentions, but he hasn't the slightest clue when it comes to pedagogy. This is like a chap who fancies himself a handyman deciding he will now take on the service of a B787.

So you think this guy is a one man band? What he is doing is leading a reform council with very many different departments surrounding himself with experts in their fields. A personal friend of mine who is a university chancellor and professor is one of several on the committee to reform education.Everyone knows the education here is terrible and the general is determined to fix it . It may take a huge effort but give the guy credit for putting the wheels of change on the road.

But if your friend is a university chancellor he is almost certainly part of the problem.Prayuth's comments on the sector are absurd and ignorant and not to be taken seriously.The two key priorities are to provide quality education for all the country's children not just the suburban middle classes - and secondly to encourage critical thinking at all levels.The latter is of course problematic for those who hate democracy.

More of your twists.