Elderly German Woman “jumps” off Jomtien Condominium

Lite Beer

R.I.P to Mrs. Frieder Hornsteiner and sincere condolences to her true friends and family as usual in Thailand nothing is ever straight forward with any suicide here possibly she may have left a note as not to implicate anyone else on her demise stating it was her final choice, and hers alone.

There is the small chance that Yupa didn't want any "beneficiary competition" or sensible advice given to Dulof regarding transfer of assets. Perhaps now that she is out of the way, Dulof needs to watch his back, particularly out on the balcony.

Thailand is a very dangerous place with an excessively high number of violent deaths. I believe many deaths of foreigners with considerable assets are covered up here by the corrupt and complicit authorities.

Considering that she was not at the condo where the incident happened it must be a very small chance but there is a huge chance that you just seized the opportunity for an insensitive Thai bash.

severe mobility issues yet managed to shuffle over the balcony... She must have really wanted to check out

You seem to know exactly how immobile the lady was, did you know her or the family, or is this just another example of unjustified speculation?

What a horrible thing to go thru. For everybody involved.

These poor people should be able to take a pill when the time comes.

When are we going to face reality and face the facts, there is a time to check out.

Yes..I have "Dignitas" booked.

Some amazing videos on how they work, even showing people swigging the draft, some I thought in better shape than me.

• Like 1

I can't believe how many posters are so naive to actually buy the suicide version.

Women, specially elderly, don't suicide in that way. This is just another murder that the thai authorities try to take no reponsability for.

The reported difference in suicide rates for males and females is partially a result of the methods used by each gender. Although females attempt suicide at a higher rate, they are more likely to use methods that are less immediately lethal. Males frequently complete suicide via high mortality actions such as hanging, carbon-monoxide poisoning, and firearms. This is in contrast to females, who tend to rely on drug overdosing.

"...the body of Mrs. Frieder Hornsteiner aged 75. Close-by was her Husband Mr. Dulof Hornsteiner who is now living with his Thai Wife, Khun Yupa..."

I know these people, the wife was his sister, not his ex-wife.

sir

I love it when these conspiracy theorists look stupid hahhhhaahahhaahha, dum and dummer on here hahhahahhahaha

• Like 2

What is up with all the "Jumping" in Thailand?

Not to be insensitive and Not to diminish this ladies distress, I hope in death she finds the peace she did not have in life RIP

and perhaps it happens but it is not reported,

But I live in the US with millions of people, who have many and similar problems,as in Thailand and I rarely hear of people jumping to their death.

If I wanted to OFF my self, I would certainly find a better way than jumping of a building

Not to be insensitive and Not to diminish this ladies distress, I hope in death she finds the peace she did not have in life RIP

But I live in the US with millions of people, who have many and similar problems,as in Thailand and I rarely hear of people jumping to their death.

If I wanted to OFF my self, I would certainly find a better way than jumping of a building

Jumping tends to be effective. Guns or barbiturates aren't easily accessible to foreigners here. Even suicide by cop is less effective here.

If you decide to take the leap, be sure that it is from above 7 stories up.

I agree with you too, there are many other alternatives, the same here in the UK, it seems that in Thailand, high buildings are more the killer of foreigners, than anything, except road accidents, but that is the same the world over

I am sorry but when I hear that. Her ex-husband has a new Thai-Wife but they all live together? W.T.F?! She must have felt like shit there sad.png

Most normal people read the whole thread before making stupid comments. Let's hope you feel like shit when you have read the facts.

• Like 1

"...the body of Mrs. Frieder Hornsteiner aged 75. Close-by was her Husband Mr. Dulof Hornsteiner who is now living with his Thai Wife, Khun Yupa..."

Well, that makes more sense.

Pattaya One, Thai journalism at it's best.sad.png

RIP Mrs Hornsteiner.

If she was his sister and actually a "Mrs." why would she have the same last name as her brother.

Well, that makes more sense.

Pattaya One, Thai journalism at it's best.sad.png

RIP Mrs Hornsteiner.

If she was his sister and actually a "Mrs." why would she have the same last name as her brother.

A spinster...

• Like 1

severe mobility issues yet managed to shuffle over the balcony... She must have really wanted to check out

She had a walking stick so obviously she could get around somewhat.

Look, when someone is desperate for whatever reason they can muster up one last burst of strength and collapsing over a mini balcony wouldn't be too difficult.

Poor lady, guess she had enough and another reason why people over 70 tired of living should be able to go somewhere to check out humanely.

You can check out humanely...in Switzerland !

• Like 1

Just another day in Pattaya then.

Why don't you just concentrate on sharing your immense wisdom in the sticks forum that covers your particular slice of paradise and leave the Pattaya forum to the grownups?coffee1.gif

Edited by MZurf

She had a walking stick so obviously she could get around somewhat.

Look, when someone is desperate for whatever reason they can muster up one last burst of strength and collapsing over a mini balcony wouldn't be too difficult.

Poor lady, guess she had enough and another reason why people over 70 tired of living should be able to go somewhere to check out humanely.

You can check out humanely...in Switzerland !

Yes you can and in Holland too, but you cannot just walk into a doctor's office and be given the magic potion, you need to be terminally ill with no future life, you need to be very very ill before they do that. You need years of doctors opinions etc.

Maybe perhaps this lady was suffering, had seen how happy her brother was in Thailand and didn't want to be a burden to him any more. And, basically, left him to get on with his life.

I find it a rather nice thing to do, and selfless.

• Like 1