Prominent Russian opposition figure Boris Nemtsov shot dead

Lite Beer

Dear friends Harsh Jones and F430murci.

Both of you got my 'likes'. Neither of you is ignorant in the questions of Russian economics.

The fact that Putin tried to 'bend over' a few of oligarchs is commendable under any circumstances IMHO. I do not like thieves.

The fact that he himself is a thief is another matter. The fact that the State didn't benefit from redistribution of stolen assets is yet another matter.

Not much has changed in all of the former USSR including Russia. People come last. Their 'Democracy' sucks.

The rule of the Mob continues. Even the composition of the Mob didn't change much.

The conflict with Ukraine is a very complex and separate issue. Not for discussion in connection with OP.

Here are a few questions to consider:

Why with a drastic fall in oil price Russians are the only people who must pay almost double for petrol?

Why the drastic fall of Russian Ruble? (please, do not mention here USA, Obama or EU as reasons)

Why in Russia after 1917, after collapse of the Soviets and up till 2015, despite all the 'capitalist' developments the land is not in the hands of people?

Why Russia didn't become something like China? The two countries in the last 30 years became the opposites development wise.

I would like to see your thoughts on these questions, because Nemtsov's case is directly connected to the answers.

Very complicated questions and I can only surmise with very generic answers that only scratch the surface of the problem.

"Why with a drastic fall in oil price Russians are the only people who must pay almost double for petrol?"

I don't know.

"Why the drastic fall of Russian Ruble? (please, do not mention here USA, Obama or EU as reasons)"

Poor fundamentals and an unhealthy economy followed by a fall in oil prices, sanctions and Russia's central bank printing money to help state owned companies such as Rosneft cover cover debt denominated in foreign currency. Russia holds about $ 700 bn in debt denominated by foreign currency. When the Ruble began to slide, this debt became impossible to service resulting in printing of more money. Printing money caused Ruble to slide more and resulted in panic at the private level. Panic caused traders and foreign investors to quickly get their money out of Russian assets. Consumers converted Rubles to other currencies and dumped money into large ticket items that would potentially hold value during the Ruble slide.

Russia had an unhealthy economy and poor fundamentals prior to the drop in oil prices. Russia (as seen with other emerging markets) does not have sufficient leverage or reserves to defend a petrocurrency's natural tendency to move with oil prices, especially when Russia already suffered from poor fundamentals and an unhealthy economy. This is why all measures Russia took to prop up its currency failed and will fail as long as oil prices remain relatively low. Putin also perhaps allowed the Ruble to depreciate to offset the dip in oil prices. This may help mitigate loses at the government level, but harms Russians in the form of decreased buying power.

Why in Russia after 1917, after collapse of the Soviets and up till 2015, despite all the 'capitalist' developments the land is not in the hands of people?

My thought is that leaders like Putin do not want the masses to have wealth and corresponding power and independence.

Why Russia didn't become something like China? The two countries in the last 30 years became the opposites development wise.

Putin.

• Like 1

Here is your answer, it's in the Russian character, they always let incompetent Leaders lead them, with the same results, through fear, into another time of tighten your belts, hunger is on its way.

They have the resources to be a great power , but like Africa , they lake a leader who can deliver, true communism, where the wealth of the nation is shared, not held by a few who invest abroad, and not with locals.

I read the same maybe 40 years ago when I started to study English language. Nothing has changed in some heads since that time

the thing thats changed is that when the communists were in charge there at least there were procedures /commitees in place to discuss and decide b4 major decisions were made. Now, there aint, just putin ,, scary shit

Sent from my GT-I9000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by rijit

the thing thats changed is that when the communists were in charge there at least there were procedures /commitees in place to discuss and decide b4 major decisions were made. Now, there aint, just putin ,, scary shit

Wow the brainwashing by the western propaganda outlets is going strong.

From Wiki

Russian State Duma. The State Duma (Russian: Госуда́рственная ду́ма (Gosudarstvennaya Duma), common abbreviation: Госду́ма (Gosduma)) in the Russian Federation is the lower house of the Federal Assembly of Russia (legislature), the upper house being the Federation Council of Russia.

250px-Russian_State_Duma_2013.svg.png

United Russia (238)

Communist Party (92)

A Just Russia (64)

LDPR (56)

Wow the brainwashing by the western propaganda outlets is going strong.

From Wiki

Russian State Duma. The State Duma (Russian: Госуда́рственная ду́ма (Gosudarstvennaya Duma), common abbreviation: Госду́ма (Gosduma)) in the Russian Federation is the lower house of the Federal Assembly of Russia (legislature), the upper house being the Federation Council of Russia.

250px-Russian_State_Duma_2013.svg.png

United Russia (238)

Communist Party (92)

A Just Russia (64)

LDPR (56)

so they all had a part to play in invading ukraine?:lol:

Napolean syndrome idiot. Must be compensating for some more than short height.

---------

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia's Defence Ministry said on Thursday that large-scale military exercises had started in southern Russia and in disputed territories on Russia's borders.

The exercises involve over 2,000 anti-aircraft troops and 500 items of weaponry and will last until April 10, Interfax news agency reported.

The Defence Ministry said the exercises were taking place in Russia's Southern and North Caucasus Federal Districts, as well as on Russian military bases in Armenia, the Georgian separatist regions of Abkhazia and South Ossetia and Ukraine's Crimea region, which Moscow annexed last year.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN0M10RG20150305?irpc=932

Napolean syndrome idiot. Must be compensating for some more than short height.

---------

MOSCOW (Reuters) - Russia's Defence Ministry said on Thursday that large-scale military exercises had started in southern Russia and in disputed territories on Russia's borders.

The exercises involve over 2,000 anti-aircraft troops and 500 items of weaponry and will last until April 10, Interfax news agency reported.

The Defence Ministry said the exercises were taking place in Russia's Southern and North Caucasus Federal Districts, as well as on Russian military bases in Armenia, the Georgian separatist regions of Abkhazia and South Ossetia and Ukraine's Crimea region, which Moscow annexed last year.

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN0M10RG20150305?irpc=932

and there was me thinking it was just short sight. :D

seems putins trolls have other work 2 do maybe reading the hard drive you confiscated from boris, you know the one that was confiscated when u raide his flatb the weekend b 4 he was killed. the one that supposedly had the details he said he was gonna release proving putin was lying about russia sending troops to the Ukrainne on, perhaps it didnt,!! strange he was killed 3? days later, & 500 yards ish from the kremlin and,,,, shock horror ,,, no surveilance footage availiable,,,:D:D:D:D:D:D

Two suspects have been detained in relation to the murder of Russian opposition leader Boris Nemtsov, the head of the Federal Security Service Alexander Bortnikov said on Saturday.

"I would like to inform you that the work that has been conducted has resulted in two suspects in this crime being detained today. They are a Gubashev, Anzor and a Dadayev, Zaur," he said in a video posted on state TV Channel One's website.

No further details were provided about the suspects, but RIA Novosti news agency quoted Bortnikov as saying that both were from the Caucasus.

Bortnikov told Channel One that Russian President Vladimir Putin had been informed of the detention and that the investigation was ongoing.

Nemtsov, 55, was shot dead near the Kremlin on the night of Feb. 27 as he was walking home and many European politicians and diplomats attended his funeral inMoscow on Tuesday.

The Kremlin has denied accusations that it played a role in his death.

http://www.christiantoday.com/article/two.suspects.held.over.boris.nemtsov.murder/49509.htm?

Edited by Chicog

russian patriots controled by one of putins heavily favoured puppets. it aint dificult to work out is it or am i being 2 cynical ?