Current phone outage

limbos

Please be aware that AIS is disabling phones to get the SIM registered.

A few months ago it happened to me and since then to a few of my friends.

Two days ago my wife's phone stopped working (always the same symptoms, no coverage) and had to be registered.

Also be aware that AIS shop is not in Tesco anymore but in the new Fisherman's village mall.

Edited by ikbenhet
  • Like 1

Also be aware that AIS shop is not in Tesco anymore but in the new Fisherman's village mall.

And in Central Festival. But I think you can also register at the Telewizz which is still in Tesco.

Oops, i might have made a mistake.

I think she said Central Festival and not the new fisherman's mall.

Sorry..

Checked with Telewiz in Tesco Lotus, Chaweng. There is supposedly black out in a small pocket in Plai laem, out phones work fine outside, a few 100 meters away from the house.
According to telewiz only phones with pay as you go SIM cards need to be registered and this can be done until 31st July. Very unlikely AIS or anybody will block you so you get registred. The law is not in place until 31st July. Phones who have a contract don't need to be registered, due to their contract they are already registered, like my # number.

• Like 1

If you buy a sim card now do you need need to register it when you buy it?

Or more probable in a few months you will only be only able to buy a PAYG sim from a shop that can register it for you, and will probably also have to take a copy of ID or Passport.