Thai Drivers Do the Darnedest Things

LarryBird

i dont care if your waiting to pass i'm coming from 6 cars back and will push you over/back because of the oncoming traffic.

im truck driver i can only do 40kmh in an overloaded truck but am going to drive a close to the middle line as possible

i will stop or drive very very slowly around an intersection to look at or do something, never mind that you are following behind me out in the fast moving traffic lanes.

having just driven into bkk and around bkk and back, some 6hr+ of driving, i'm still reeling from the torture

could be 10 pages before we finished

• Like 2

I always enjoy the across traffic turns

such as you need to take a left hand turn on a 3 lane highway, instead of edging your way to the lane 1 that is closes to the left turn you instead do a turn from lane 3 across lane 2 and 1

Oh you have your left indicator on and you are slowing down and there is a street on the left and you are beginning to turn into it - well there is plenty of time for my motor scooter with myself and 3 friends on it to squeeze through, you should get out of my way.

Where is the suggestion box for the Thai dept. of trans. I suggest that many baht could be saved by not painting lines on the roads because they are meaningless. It's just one big avenue out there that can fit 3,4,5 or whatever it will bare, no sense painting lines on the roads, use the money for something important like Lao cau.

I drove Sadao to Nong Khai last week,

Holy crap Batman

still wondering how the death toll remains so low

but even as bad as Thai's can be, try Malaysia

Islam really must give you a death wish

jihad driving, must not be late to meet Allah

In Saudi Arabia the cars only have two speeds. A dead stop and as fast as the car will go. They wait until there is a rise or a bend where they cant see past to overtake. I have personally witnessed a driver passing me at 120 k/h in thick mist with a newspaper on the steering wheel reading it.

If you think driving in Thailand is bad try Saudi, it brings a whole new meaning to crazy driving