Honda Wave air pressure

dave_boo

I put 35 in the front and 37 in the back - I normally carry a non-Thai pillion hence a little more than many other people.

What I have found is I lose 10 psi from front and back between fills of petrol - ie about once a week.

If I keep the pressure up I do not get as many punctures.

• Like 1

One Post Removed

11) You will not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific
locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or
any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

My Wave has a sticker on the swingarm with the recommended pressures. Pretty sure they say 29 up front and then the back has different pressures depending on whether or not you have a pillion. I usually do 30 up front and 40 in the back because I'm a fatty.

• Like 1

You need to be able to monitor pressure as you fill the tires, as well as have spares on standby- fill them up until they explode, then replace the tubes, back off 1psi, and refill.

That's rubbish. The inner tube won't explode as the outer tyre will prevent that from happening.

Or won't it? Whatever it is, rubbish (my post)

My Wave has a sticker on the swingarm with the recommended pressures. Pretty sure they say 29 up front and then the back has different pressures depending on whether or not you have a pillion. I usually do 30 up front and 40 in the back because I'm a fatty.

Wow, what a great idea. I don't think any of my bikes have such a sticker. Anyone knows where I can purchase such stickers?

You need to be able to monitor pressure as you fill the tires, as well as have spares on standby- fill them up until they explode, then replace the tubes, back off 1psi, and refill.

What if the second set has a tolerance level that is 2psi lower than the first set?

You and your fancy book learning. Didn't anyone tell you men don't read directions?

Wow, what a great idea. I don't think any of my bikes have such a sticker. Anyone knows where I can purchase such stickers?

Probably a sign shop...same place you can get a TIS sticker to make sure your lid is legal...

• Like 1

That's rubbish. The inner tube won't explode as the outer tyre will prevent that from happening.

Jim, if you stop using a hand pump, you can pump them up as per RSD advise.

Checked mine as soon as I got home last week after a puncture repair, obviously the local mechanic uses his vast years of experience and not a pressure guage, 67 psi in the rear smile.png

I normally stick 40 in both, lasts longer between fills !!

Just as I said earlier! thumbsup.gif

It's weird though, can't see my earlier reply. huh.png

You obviously lack my vast tire-exploding experience, but I've read you're just a noob, Jim...

There's only ONE thing that will prevent the tire from exploding at 73psi (yes, I've blown up enough tires to know the limit), and that's a new sticker that increases the limit- since changing to a '100psi max load' sticker, I haven't had a single problem.

Checked mine as soon as I got home last week after a puncture repair, obviously the local mechanic uses his vast years of experience and not a pressure guage, 67 psi in the rear smile.png

I normally stick 40 in both, lasts longer between fills !!

Just as I said earlier! thumbsup.gif

It's weird though, can't see my earlier reply. huh.png

Must be a bug...I've lost a reply or two the last week.

What if the second set has a tolerance level that is 2psi lower than the first set?

No problem, put on a another spare, rinse and repeat

My cat flips when I run a vacuum...what's gonna happen when every 20 minutes or so I blow out a tyre?

Is that animal cruelty?

If he dies, can I still trade him for a bucket? Or is a corpse only worth a glass?

If you are getting it done from a roadside shop for 5 baht they will pump them up until they feel right, meaning rock hard, just keep a pressure gauge under the seat and back them off to whatever is says in the handbook, also kept under the seat.

No chance of the tube exploding as that means the tyre too, these guys are not fools they do this 100 times a day on Wave and also their compressors don't run that high.

You obviously lack my vast tire-exploding experience, but I've read you're just a noob, Jim...

There's only ONE thing that will prevent the tire from exploding at 73psi (yes, I've blown up enough tires to know the limit), and that's a new sticker that increases the limit- since changing to a '100psi max load' sticker, I haven't had a single problem.

Maybe so but I bet my quality outweighs your quantity (only 400k? pffft).

I've been able to blow up and explode condoms with sheer lung power alone. Can't do a hot water bottle though.

How is it possible that bicycle tyres can withstand higher pressures than motorsai tyres? My bike says max psi 120

Maybe so but I bet my quality outweighs your quantity (only 400k? pffft).

I've been able to blow up and explode condoms with sheer lung power alone. Can't do a hot water bottle though.

How is it possible that bicycle tyres can withstand higher pressures than motorsai tyres? My bike says max psi 120

Woah...woah...too much information there Jim-bo. Your experience with putting your lips on condoms is best shared in this forum....Gay People in Thailand

• Like 1

My cat flips when I run a vacuum...what's gonna happen when every 20 minutes or so I blow out a tyre?

Is that animal cruelty?

If he dies, can I still trade him for a bucket? Or is a corpse only worth a glass?

Take your cat to a taxidermist for the cure.

I rode my gsxr with my rear tyre with low air pressure once and the bloody thing fell off and rolled into a khlong. It did! I was fortunate to come away unscathed. Fortunately a passing motorist took pity and lent me a spare from his trunk. Imagine my surprise when it fit perfectly and I was able to ride on to Pirelli for a replacement. The guys there were well impressed.
  • Like 2

You and your fancy book learning. Didn't anyone tell you men don't read directions?

You're right, my mistake. I'll take off the sticker immediately and inflate both tires to 65 psi. Actually maybe I should go ahead and change my tires for dek wan style bicycle tires (inflated in the most manly manner possible of course).

• Like 1

You're right, my mistake. I'll take off the sticker immediately and inflate both tires to 65 psi. Actually maybe I should go ahead and change my tires for dek wan style bicycle tires (inflated in the most manly manner possible of course).

That only works if you have multi-coloured spoked wheels with fake Brembo brakes.

That only works if you have multi-coloured spoked wheels with fake Brembo brakes.

Steel braided brake lines? I was thinking of buying one of those shower hoses from Home Pro and fitting my brake line through it to give it the appearance of steel braiding. What do you think?

I rode my gsxr with my rear tyre with low air pressure once and the bloody thing fell off and rolled into a khlong. It did! I was fortunate to come away unscathed. Fortunately a passing motorist took pity and lent me a spare from his trunk. Imagine my surprise when it fit perfectly and I was able to ride on to Pirelli for a replacement. The guys there were well impressed.

The sticker works both ways- had you put one on that had the minimum load listed at 5psi, you would have been fine.

Steel braided brake lines? I was thinking of buying one of those shower hoses from Home Pro and fitting my brake line through it to give it the appearance of steel braiding. What do you think?

Tensile strength combined with resistance to oil indicates that perhaps it would work...as long as you replaced your DOT brake fluid with ​naam plaa. But make sure you use the second draw stuff. First draw has too many impurities and later draws do not contain as many of the essential omega 3 fatty acids.

• Like 1

The sticker works both ways- had you put one on that had the minimum load listed at 5psi, you would have been fine.

Would it work for speeds too? I would like a sticker that says 300kph max speed