Afterclub Discos - taxi commissions

bbi1

Curious to know how much are the commissions paid to taxi drivers when taking someone to the different afterclub discos? If I've missed any, please add to the list.

Bossy

Climax

Insanity

Mixx

Scratch Dog

Shock39

Spicy

Spicy No.2 (once Spicy is closed)

Spicy 2 (aka Swing) is closed in terms of it's old location opposite Spicy, it reopened nearby though.

Spicy 2 there's no commission for taxis, or so my driver told me.

Got a taxi to pay me for the trip to Insanity the other day, was only joking when I asked him how much he'd give us as I prefer walking there, he instantly offered 200 baht. We were a group of 3 farang guys leaving Climax.

Met up with a friend last night at Huay Kwang then ended up partying afterwards at Shock39. Taxi driver was sooooo happy that I wanted to go to Shock39 & said it was a year since he has a customer go there, or any of the other afterhours discos. I asked him about the commissions to confirm I thought them to be. He said:

Shock39 - 200 baht

Bossy - 200 baht

Spicy - 200 baht

Mixx - 200 baht

Climax - 100 baht

Insanity - 200 baht for a man, 100 baht for a women.

I think Insanity has dual pricing for a man/woman with a Thai woman ordering & paying for a drink herself she gets a big discount.

Spicy closes around 3-4am, then they direct everyone to Spicy No.2 which is about 2 streets away. Not sure if they pay commission there but entry is free & they look how many people in the taxi & write it down so it looks possible they might pay it. Not sure what time that place closes but it is a sh*thole & so dark you really can't see much at all.

Spicy 2 (aka Swing) is closed in terms of it's old location opposite Spicy, it reopened nearby though.

Spicy 2 there's no commission for taxis, or so my driver told me.

Got a taxi to pay me for the trip to Insanity the other day, was only joking when I asked him how much he'd give us as I prefer walking there, he instantly offered 200 baht. We were a group of 3 farang guys leaving Climax.

The taxi driver gets 200 baht per person, so a total of 600 baht which is crazy. That's why they want to pack their taxis with as many people as possible as they strike gold! I would've been asking for 50% of the commission if going with 3 people to any afterclub disco. If going to Insanity better just walk there & enter from the front at V8 Diner, it's free that way so you save some baht. Even when I go to Climax alone to check it out when I'm on Soi 11 about 50 metres from the entrance I hail a cab & ask the driver for 50% of the commission, helps save a bit of the cover charge. Funnily enough I've had 2 drivers say no but others have said yes because it's super quick easy money for them.

Edited by bbi1