Filipino arrested for slashing throat of old woman

Thaivisa News

What never ceases to amaze me, is how quickly (next day, usually, without any forensics proof)) the "ever astute' Thai police always manage to extract a confession of guilt, from a murder suspect. Perhaps the Thai police should offer confession extraction technique courses to Scotland Yard, the FBI and a host of other world-wide, professional detective agencies. whistling.gif

No forensics? The bloody clothes might be specifically relevant forensics...

The Police claim to have blood-stained gloves, and clothing found in the "suspect's" home. That is NOT forensically proven evidence. Period. However, consider the probability of this: A 9 year-young Filipino "foreigner", who takes incrimating evidence to his home, and who then readily confesses to committing the crime of murder (a directed death penalty in Thailand) against an elderly Thai citizen, while robbing them? Again, I own some Ocean Front Property in Arizona; from my front porch, you can see the sea; now, if you'll buy that, then I'll throw in the Golden Gate,.....for free! Capiche?coffee1.gif

Edited by NativeSon360
  • Like 1

What never ceases to amaze me, is how quickly (next day, usually, without any forensics proof)) the "ever astute' Thai police always manage to extract a confession of guilt, from a murder suspect. Perhaps the Thai police should offer confession extraction technique courses to Scotland Yard, the FBI and a host of other world-wide, professional detective agencies. whistling.gif

The Police claim to have blood-stained gloves, and clothing found in the "suspect's" home. That is NOT forensically proven evidence. Period. However, consider the probability of this: A 9 year-young Filipino "foreigner", who takes incrimating evidence to his home, and who then readily confesses to committing the crime of murder (a directed death penalty in Thailand) against an elderly Thai citizen, while robbing them? Again, I own some Ocean Front Property in Arizona; from my front porch, you can see the sea; now, if you'll buy that, then I'll throw in the Golden Gate,.....for free! Capiche?coffee1.gif

You leap from "without any forensic evidence" to "NOT forensically proven" at the speed of light. It will be proven (or not) in court.

Filipino gamer held for murder

THE SUNDAY NATION

CHIANG MAI: -- A 19-year-old Filipino man has been arrested for allegedly killing a 73-year-old female neighbour in a home invasion in Chiang Mai's Muang district four days ago.

Josef Paul Lasa Sumatra reportedly confessed to police that he killed Jinda Phongsantia on February 25 in a manner copied from a violent online game - slit the woman's throat - so he could top-up his game card. He allegedly stole Bt10,000 in cash and valuables.

On Friday, police and Filipino consulate officials went with a search warrant to Sumatra's house in Tambon Pa Daed, where he lives with his parents, 300 metres from the victim. They found evidence linking him to the crime.

The suspect reportedly confessed in front of police and his parents that he killed Jinda while his parents were in another province.

Muang Chiang Mai superintendent Pol Colonel Weerayuth Prasopchokchai said Sumatra killed Jinda after approaching her from behind, covering her mouth and slitting her throat.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Filipino-gamer-held-for-murder-30255091.html

nationlogo.jpg

-- The Nation 2015-03-01

what is a common daily occurence in the Philippines now spills over to Thailand...... the new frontier-less ASEAN at its best..... more to come.....

If his Father is a Christian Pastor. where did he learn that technique, Oh, of course there a a world famous culture that uses that technique and it is on TV and video games now !!

The World has become a much "Sicker Place" than it was in 1935 when the Stork Dropped me in the wrong state in the USA !!

You leap from "without any forensic evidence" to "NOT forensically proven" at the speed of light. It will be proven (or not) in court.

Thank you for the speed of light (probably unintended) compliment. Cheers wai.gif .

Edited by NativeSon360

Is it possible that anyone conveniently forgot to add that this "Filipino" had possibly been in Thailand long enough to think and act more "Thai" than "Filipino", thus rendering the "Filipino" part as merely a reference to where his mother and father came from? Or is he a half half and worth only mentioning the non-Thai portion?

There are certainly a lot of first, second, third and fourth generation Chinese living here, who are genetically Chinese, yet call themselves Thai.

I am simply curious about that.

While you are debating with yourself about what to call him, the rest of us will just refer to him as a killer.

Edited by Time Traveller

This is the result of young people gaming. Games are getting their reality.

Parents allow children to play agressive games whole day. It keeps them quiet so the children are " so easy".

Parents and gouvernements all over the world seem to not realise what this violent fake reality dus to children. They copy this violent reality fake world in to the real world. Now this poor woman is the victem, but howe many others have been victim of this crazy phenomenon.

If his Father is a Christian Pastor. where did he learn that technique, Oh, of course there a a world famous culture that uses that technique and it is on TV and video games now !!

The World has become a much "Sicker Place" than it was in 1935 when the Stork Dropped me in the wrong state in the USA !!

Nonsense! The world of people was as sick, in 1935, as it is today, and as it was 10,000 years ago. The only difference is that the killing tools have become more sophisticated.

There is an obvious fundamental flaw, in the design of the human species.

The schizophenic behavioral penchants of people, has remained unchanged, and unhealed throughout the Ages. So much for the Human Growth & Developmental factors of our species.

Perhaps that's the reason why this is (indeed) the last civilization of people, on this planet. That reality alone, is the greatest, and most inevitable tragedy of the human experience.

Is it possible that anyone conveniently forgot to add that this "Filipino" had possibly been in Thailand long enough to think and act more "Thai" than "Filipino", thus rendering the "Filipino" part as merely a reference to where his mother and father came from? Or is he a half half and worth only mentioning the non-Thai portion?

There are certainly a lot of first, second, third and fourth generation Chinese living here, who are genetically Chinese, yet call themselves Thai.

While you are debating with yourself about what to call him, the rest of us will just refer to him as a killer.

That's absurd! There is no "rest of us" factor. You can speak only for yourself (your considered opinion), on the OP topic, and not for the entire forum community, sir!

Wirayuth said Joseph was staying alone at the rented house four days ago because his father, who is a pastor, and his mother, who is an English teacher, were staying in Lampang.

Your parents are so very proud of you young man...they may even come to see you a couple of times while you spend the rest of your life in prison...but don't count on it.

I think you may have a rose-tinted spectacled view of the Philippines. Whilst murder rates are sky high in Thailand, I can assure you when it comes to violent robbery, the Philippines is a much more dangerous place than Thailand.

Murder rate per 100.000 inhabitants, sky high in Thailand? No! Same in the USA around 5 per 100.000

BUT Philippines, nearly 9 per 100.000. whistling.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_intentional_homicide_rate

Edited by ALFREDO
  • Like 1

I hope he wasn't coerced into confessing to the crime. Whenever something goes wrong, the foreigner living in the vicinity is always the number suspect.

Wirayuth, said police suspected that the assailant might come from the neighborhood and they checked the rented house and found strong evidences to implicate Joseph in the murder, including blood-stained gloves and shirt.

Since the foreigners (Joseph's) room had evidence that they can connect to the victim, his nation of origin is irrelevant.

Doesn't look good for game boy does it?

Please just look at the guy's username. I'm really concerned what will go on once ASEAN pops in. Not trying to cause confusion here, it was one topic I had to cover for the Tourist Police of Ubon Ratchathani at a seminar two years ago to prepare them for the ASEAN community.

Now it's not about who this guy's parents are. It's about something that scares the shit out of all Thai people I know who're educated.

You only have to use a little common sense. Please see: http://www.gmanetwork.com/news/story/367656/news/nation/pnp-crime-up-by-17-percent

More crime, more drugs,guns, robberies, killings, more prostitutes and all Asian foreigners involved do that for the same reason. Money.

Usually 19 year olds are protected under a special law in most countries, but if somebody's capable doing that, there's a high possibility that same person would do it again.

Why does this country attract human beings from all around the world, who do not deserve the right to live anymore?

This country already has enough problems, no need for any foreigners to make it worse.

He should be considered as an adult. Just thinking about the old lady's death makes me very sad. RIP, lady. You didn't deserve that. wai2.gif

Wirayuth said Joseph was staying alone at the rented house four days ago because his father, who is a pastor, and his mother, who is an English teacher, were staying in Lampang.

YES, never leave the child, the children, teenager, youngster (unattended) at home. blink.png

Are you drunk, stoned, or sober? First two would be accepted as an excuse. Was there a nine year old as well, committing a similar crime? facepalm.gif

• Like 1

Incredible!! The phoney Christian bag of wind comes to a Buddhist country to convert the perceived heathens and doesnt take the time to make sure his pig of a son doesnt become a real one!! perfect!!

Edited by AYJAYDEE

I think you may have a rose-tinted spectacled view of the Philippines. Whilst murder rates are sky high in Thailand, I can assure you when it comes to violent robbery, the Philippines is a much more dangerous place than Thailand.

+1. I lived 5 years in PI, that was about 4 years and 11 months too long.

i just feel bad about the poor old lady and that boy needs some checking, either his mental state or if he was forced to confess.

good thing there's no burmesse around the place...

there's no safe place now...you can even get killed in your own country or backyard...depends when your unlucky time strikes

i just feel bad about the poor old lady and that boy needs some checking, either his mental state or if he was forced to confess.

good thing there's no burmesse around the place...

there's no safe place now...you can even get killed in your own country or backyard...depends when your unlucky time strikes

Of course there are Burmese in the area.

Incredible!! The phoney Christian bag of wind comes to a Buddhist country to convert the perceived heathens and doesnt take the time to make sure his pig of a son doesnt become a real one!! perfect!!

Thanks a lot for your post !! I'll change my atheistic view of life, become a Seventh Day Adventist and Spread The Word Of...aeehh... hmmm

That I can't work on Saturdays. Hallelujah. wai2.gif

You should get yourself an xxhamster, instead of playing such weird games, dude. w00t.gif

Edited by lostinisaan