Job In Bangkok

Hi people,

I'll be in Bangkok at the beginning of December and I'll be needing a job to support myself.

What can I find (simple jobs like) and how much can I expect to get paid?

I'm not an English native, so I'm not good enough to teach :o

I am a professional masseur, could I maybe find a massage job there? (I know that the land is famous of massage, but still...)

Could I maybe walk on a beach (I hope that there are some) with a T-shirt on with huge letters saying 'MASSAGE', yelling to rich tourists and then ripping them of for 30min short massage?

Smart, ha?

thanks anyways,

Mihailo

:o They're gonna have fun with your post!

Why fun, man?

I'm kinda serious...

Though I'm known to make people laugh... (especially nicer gender, he he)

btw I've read some, but it's easier to ask than to read it all, right?

and you get in touch with some people and stuff...

Edited by Mihailo

Sounds like you would be suited for a position in Phuket.

Paradise just off Rat U Thit Rd. :o

Or that part of Jomtien around Rabbit Resort.

How would hundreds (or even thousands) of "certified", uniformed and badged female masseusses combing the beach at 10-15m distance from each other react when they spot an intruder masseur, male and foreigner at that? Some serious stone throwing may happen.

Athough there must be some male masseurs in Thai, I still have to see one.

Wife told me, other that at gay places, they can be found at the Association of the Blind where good and cheap massage (180 baht 1 hour) can be had.

ALL of the big legit spas/massage places have Massuers!None would hire a foriegner. <ie Healthland etc>

I guess it COULD be possible that a spa in one of the MAJOR hotels might hire a farang, but I doubt it!

I can't think of a way that the OP can work LEGALLY in Thailand with the info he has given us!

I can't think of a way that the OP can work LEGALLY in Thailand with the info he has given us!

According to the OP's profile, he would need a visa on entry, 50Eu to pay for it and will be allowed to stay 15 days, employment prohibited.

Although his country is not part of that, it's citizens are treated pretty much like Russians and others from the former USSR empire.

Also, how could he legally stay a month or two as he posted in accommodation (BKK section) without a job or means to justify a visa stamp for anything longer than 15 days?

Even for 15 days stay he may be asked to provide his package tour details or to produce enough money to prove he can support himself.

Edited by think_too_mut

:o They're gonna have fun with your post!

Why fun, man?

I'm kinda serious...

Though I'm known to make people laugh... (especially nicer gender, he he)

btw I've read some, but it's easier to ask than to read it all, right?

and you get in touch with some people and stuff...

Mihailo, In a nut shell you will not get any work in BKK. They will not employ a farang when they can get a Thai for less money. Plus people go to LOS to have a massage by a Thai not a russian / Eastern European. Suggest you save up a lot of money and just have a good holiday. have you considered going to the UK to work then going from there. Lots of your fellow countrymen already over here especially in London. Good luck Enjoy :D

Pardon my ignorance, but what is Phuket? (part of Bangkok or another city?)

That Paradise thing is some sort of wellness center, right?

Ok, we'll see how I will find my way around. I'm not worried, God likes me :D

Anyways, just to make sure, Serbia is not Russia, maybe simillar to westerners or Thais, but I don't understand a word of Russian (which came as a obstacle when trying to talk to beautiful Russian girls...:D

btw I would never do 1hour massage for 180b! that's slavery.

and now I see that already girls are covering the beaches, hehe...

sth will come up, I'm sure...

thanks you all :D

p.s. wouldn't like to go to G.Britain. Don't like anything there.

Edited by Mihailo

Pardon my ignorance, but what is Phuket? (part of Bangkok or another city?)

That Paradise thing is some sort of wellness center, right?

Take the Name Phuket and google it....don't forget to check the images too.

Paradise is a place which will make you feel nice and relaxed.

Rat U thit rd is parallel to Beach Road in Phuket.....don't forget to google Phuket first...

good luck and happy xmas

rcm :D

Suppose this is prob your only option based on your qualifications. :D

Thanks man, I wish you to win the lottery :o

I've heard of warm hearts of English man, but this is too much, really...

Phuket I found, an island I see now... I like islands, sand, sea... and the rest of s stuff :D

And look what else I've learned guava.jpg

now I know... hehe

Edited by Mihailo

Pm me your CV. I worked in Phuket some time ago and might be able to put you in contact with people in the business. That is if you have the qualifications.

Secondly, you just served all members a penalty kick. Do not give them too much of yourself. They will chew you up.

Cheers

AIU

Hi people,

I'll be in Bangkok at the beginning of December and I'll be needing a job to support myself.

What can I find (simple jobs like) and how much can I expect to get paid?

I'm not an English native, so I'm not good enough to teach :D

I am a professional masseur, could I maybe find a massage job there? (I know that the land is famous of massage, but still...)

Could I maybe walk on a beach (I hope that there are some) with a T-shirt on with huge letters saying 'MASSAGE', yelling to rich tourists and then ripping them of for 30min short massage?

Smart, ha?

thanks anyways,

Mihailo

Obviously I did not read this post carefully. Youre not serious at all.

Support yourself?? Why would anyone travel 1000's of miles away with no money. As you are working already as a "professional masseur" , my advice is to stay home and work a little longer and save money until you can go to a doctor for that exam! :o There are too many "Loco's" in Thailand already, no need to add to that number. :D

That would be a different idea for sure, come to Thailand and hook up with Thai women and let them support you? :D

Nah, As for now I think I have to agree that the pictures attached are accurate.

unterpacker.jpg

Suppose this is prob your only option based on your qualifications. :D

Sadly this looks like an extremely accurate post!

Jd,

If he come and walk the beaches of Phuket, he would not have enough money to sit as a begger on the stairs to the skytrain in BKK. Maybe you have to show mercy on him and take him from Patong up to Kamala, rich clients. Maybe you can help him get a job the Amanpuri? :o

Obviously I did not read this post carefully. Youre not serious at all.

Support yourself?? Why would anyone travel 1000's of miles away with no money. As you are working already as a "professional masseur" , my advice is to stay home and work a little longer and save money until you can go to a doctor for that exam! :o There are too many "Loco's" in Thailand already, no need to add to that number. :D

That would be a different idea for sure, come to Thailand and hook up with Thai women and let them support you? :D

Nah, As for now I think I have to agree that the pictures attached are accurate.

Listen man, Mihailo never lies.

I have a seminar in Bangkok which is worth more than all money in the world :D That's why I'm coming. And then I'll be stayin a little.

I am a pro masseur, check my website- <link removed> (it's in Serbian, but a smart boy like you should figure his way out :D )

The thing is that I cannot save enough money to live carefree in Thailand by the time the seminar starts.

Happy now?

Those minor insults I'll ignore, I know that you didn't mean it for real :D

We will see about the picture.

I'll send you some when I come there :D

You shouldn't underestimate or judge people like that. For your sake.

As far as I'm concerned, whatever.

Peace :D

Edited by Totster

Mihailo - seriously lad, you can get a massage for 200bht and under for 1 hr. If that gives you any indication that this isn't a likely good area to consider for work. Not to mention the work permit issue and its most likely a prohibited profession for non thai(s). :o

Mihailo - seriously lad, you can get a massage for 200bht and under for 1 hr. If that gives you any indication that this isn't a likely good area to consider for work. Not to mention the work permit issue and its most likely a prohibited profession for non thai(s). :o

Ah, ok, fair enough...

It'll have to be sth else.

We'll see when there.

Thanks everyone :D

With all due respect to the OP, if you've never heard of Phuket, you're going to struggle in Thailand. Wouldnt it make sense to do a bit of basic research first?

What is Phuket, indeed?

Gawd give me strength . . . . . . .

With all due respect to the OP, if you've never heard of Phuket, you're going to struggle in Thailand. Wouldnt it make sense to do a bit of basic research first?

I know man, but I'll figure everything out when I come there,

It doesn't make sense to research every place one is going...

you know, here, there, all is the same in essence.

Just coming to learn few things and have a walk, maybe a few moments to remember :o

And then I'll see what's cookin :D

Oi .. Go easy on the young lad. It will be great to see his "progress" once he gets out here :o

That would be nice...if he ever gets into BKK.

My thought is, he has stumbled over this site thinking people in Thai are here for a massage. Some may be but most have some other fish to fry.

Poor Mihailo.

Oi .. Go easy on the young lad. It will be great to see his "progress" once he gets out here :o

That would be nice...if he ever gets into BKK.

My thought is, he has stumbled over this site thinking people in Thai are here for a massage. Some may be but most have some other fish to fry.

Poor Mihailo.

Ah, shut up.

I ain't that young, just seem so , cause I eat healthy and meditate :D

I'm there in Dec. 100%

And Thailand being known for massage is an unfortunate fact, but I'll figure sth out, me very skillful he he...

Yes, you seem very skilful Mihailo.

By the evidence of your posts to date, you strike me as be very resourceful and clued-up . . . .

Ah, kiddo, you yet have to learn that, essentially, nothing is in your hands, things happen as they should, so you can relax, (from researching, worrying and being afraid, not from giving your best)

You'll see.

In time.

Hopefully.

hehe