Overstayed 5 Months Need Help

I have overstayed 5 months and planning to go home to Finland next week.In what kind of problem am i? Can i just go to the airport and pay the fine before leaving or is there a chance i will be jailed.And if they allow me to leave will i be put on the black list(i have overstayed shortly 2 times before).

Consensus seems to be that if you can get to the airport without being arrested you just pay the overstay fine ( remember to bring plenty of cash - I think you will be up to the 20,000B fine level ).

But if you get caught before, you will be sent to the immigration detention centre which is not a nice place to be by all accounts.

Do a search, there are plenty of threads on this issue.

I have overstayed 5 months and planning to go home to Finland next week.In what kind of problem am i? Can i just go to the airport and pay the fine before leaving or is there a chance i will be jailed.And if they allow me to leave will i be put on the black list(i have overstayed shortly 2 times before).

THREE overstays. Are you a pisshead ( or worse )or a slow learner ? GO HOME.

Take 20,000 baht to the airport.

I have overstayed 5 months and planning to go home to Finland next week.In what kind of problem am i? Can i just go to the airport and pay the fine before leaving or is there a chance i will be jailed.And if they allow me to leave will i be  put  on the black list(i have overstayed shortly 2 times before).

i was waiting to see the doctor's reaction on this one...lol

I have overstayed 5 months and planning to go home to Finland next week.In what kind of problem am i? Can i just go to the airport and pay the fine before leaving or is there a chance i will be jailed.And if they allow me to leave will i be  put  on the black list(i have overstayed shortly 2 times before).

Dr., have u been drinking now again... :o

what was the other recent topic on this subject, i cannot remember the title but i was shot down for saying how stupid it was to allow lengthy overstay.

are these people lazy, stupid & out of their heads (or both) to get themselves in this situation. i've no sympathy for them.

it's all very clever and then they wake up and realize if caught they're in deep s**t and out of pocket big time.

no offence alien but wake up, is it worth f***ing up and not being able to come back to thailand.

I overstayed 51 days late last year. I get harassed at every border and have had hassles getting a 60 day tourist visa and again getting my extension for 30 days at imm. clearly they do not like overstay

I overstayed 51 days late last year. I get harassed at every border and have had hassles getting a 60 day tourist visa and again getting my extension for 30 days at imm. clearly they do not like overstay

unbiasbob, thanks for your input and honesty...maybe it will discourage a few from tarnishing their passports, after they "made it" to a border or the airport.

I trust that I didn't disappoint you Huski. Some mother's do have them. That bloody George asked if I was into the red wine again, and he knows that I never start before lunch time. :o

So you cleared your overstay.... 3 or 4 months ago, yes?

Since then you have visted every border? Why?, How?, Where?

Please tell us which borders give you so much hassle. Or is it indeed every border?

Allowing oneself to overstay is, as I'm sure everyone will agree, bloody stupid.

However, I have never met anyone who has experienced discrimination for previous overstays in the 11 years I have lived here.

Were you by chance wearing nothing but a bumbag on your border runs?

Perhaps you don't feel it necessary to wear a shirt..... or shoes perhaps.

Maybe your attitude towards our friends at immigration is the reason you've had problems.

Clearly they do not like you.

:o

THREE overstays.  Are you a pisshead ( or worse )or a slow learner ? GO HOME.

i don't know why but your reply was like picking up a card from chance or community chest in that board game monopoly.

Is that good or bad Huski ? :o

his overstay was bad, your reply was good