Free concerts in Udon Thani.... where?

smellyskater

I've been told that there are a number of free concerts being help in or around Udon at the moment. Traditional thai style music and dancing. Sounds like great fun.... Or will it be drunked youths!?

Apparently all the way up to songkran. Does anyone know where they are being held?

Oh, and it's not the MTV trafficking awareness concert. That's where Google points me.

Thanks

Edited by smellyskater

........When Im in Udon these occur frequently; mostly in front of Central and in UD Town. And there seems to be live music most nights on the permanent stage in UD Town. Im not sure about other parts of the city.

Thanks for reminding me about the build up to Songkran......I'll make sure I book a room on the side of the hotel facing away from UD Town when Im there quite soon.

Me missus says they also hold them at Nong Prajak.

Im not sure if they even advertise for Thais. I think it is often word of mouth.

You could try asking at a TAT office or ask young trendy looking Thais, or musicians/roadies at existing music venues, until you find one who speaks English................Could be a good excuse to chat up some young lovelies thumbsup.gif

• Like 1