Chinese Visa

boike

Anyone knows where I can get a tourist visa to China in Pattaya. Quick and cheap. I've always used All Seasons on South Pattaya Rd, but the price has gone up to 4200bt and 3200bt if you have a work permit.

Sent from my S4 LTE

Chiang Mai Consulat is the most hassle-free and painless way to obtain a Visa for the PRC but admittedly that's not exactly near Pattaya.

To get a Chinese Visa has become a major pain in the a** over the past few years, even in Hong Kong (where there have been numerous reputable Visa agencies since ages) it is a complicated affair nowadays plus a wait of several days.....

• Like 1

I always do it myself at the Chinese embassy in Bkk

Just fill in the paperwork,downloaded from their website..

2400 Thb

Just got my visa from the Chinese Embassy in BKK. Very easy to do but requires two trips, one to drop off the paperwork and one 4 days later to collect the visa. Cost 1,100 for foreigners.

Edited by chris2004

I always do it myself at the Chinese embassy in Bkk

Just fill in the paperwork,downloaded from their website..

2400 Thb

Just got my visa from the Chinese Embassy in BKK. Very easy to do but requires two trips, one to drop off the paperwork and one 4 days later to collect the visa. Cost 1,100 for foreigners.

last i asked in bkk in the lane next to the embassy you needed air tickets. is that still the case. - no visa

last from chiang mai not tickets still same?- got visa

there is also onein songkhla havent used it.

last in hanoi no can do at all you horrible farang devil - no visa

last in PP, just about got beaten up at the front gate just for asking to go inside - no visa

Edited by rabid old goat

Yes you have to show proof of travel, air tickets and hotel booking. Small risk i suppose if they then refused your visa (unlikely). The main hassle though are the two trips to BKK. Only takes a few minutes in the Embassy.

Edited by chris2004

Yes you have to show proof of travel, air tickets and hotel booking. Small risk i suppose if they then refused your visa (unlikely). The main hassle though are the two trips to BKK. Only takes a few minutes in the Embassy.

ok not going. thanks saved me the trip to the embassy

You made the right decision Rabid old Goat. China is a dump.

I am here in China though my VPN (the only way to communicate with the outside world) might show I am in Hungary. I had 4 visits to the embassy in Bangkok. It is a ball ache...I have a business visa, you have to be there at 0700 to join the queue to join the next queue inside when they open the doors at 0830 to get a ticket with a number. They never announce the number you have to keep your eyes glued to each window. Out side it clearly states that no foreigners can use agencies to get a visa. What a bleeding joke that it is. There are about 20 creepy Thais and Indians waiting with bundles of passports to screw up your day by holding up the queues with their applications and they seem to think they have a god given right to be in front of you. I had to growl at at a "tomboy" (fat ugly thai bird that thinks she is a bloke) to back off from trying to push past me.

Right enough the Chinese want you have a ticket booking before you get a visa.. the complete opposite of the rest of planet earth. Some Filipino workers with me have lost loads of money this way waiting for visas in Manila then getting turned down and having to apply all over again.

Believe me it aint worth the hassle. Every one I am working with can't wait to get out of here. The only one's that stay here are the "Teachers" coz it is one of the higher paying places for them and relatively cheaper living than say Japan. The others that stay get Yellow Fever and marry women that cannot be taken out of China even for a holiday without Gov permission and all manner of rigmaroles..Why do blokes do this ???

Chinese food is appalling. I have no idea what they do to "meat" it is all slippery tasteless and rubbery. Trying to find some one who knows any English is hard going.

I have even worked out why the Great Wall is there...it is for foreigners to bang their heads against in frustration...starting from before you get here to when you have to deal with the locals.....nightmare best avoided. The gov control everything especially the internet. A VPN is a must loaded on a laptop before you get here or no comms with outside world.

Of the 40 countries I have been to, for me 2 places without doubt to avoid on the planet, China and the entire African land mass.

• Like 1

You made the right decision Rabid old Goat. China is a dump.

I am here in China though my VPN (the only way to communicate with the outside world) might show I am in Hungary. I had 4 visits to the embassy in Bangkok. It is a ball ache...I have a business visa, you have to be there at 0700 to join the queue to join the next queue inside when they open the doors at 0830 to get a ticket with a number. They never announce the number you have to keep your eyes glued to each window. Out side it clearly states that no foreigners can use agencies to get a visa. What a bleeding joke that it is. There are about 20 creepy Thais and Indians waiting with bundles of passports to screw up your day by holding up the queues with their applications and they seem to think they have a god given right to be in front of you. I had to growl at at a "tomboy" (fat ugly thai bird that thinks she is a bloke) to back off from trying to push past me.

Right enough the Chinese want you have a ticket booking before you get a visa.. the complete opposite of the rest of planet earth. Some Filipino workers with me have lost loads of money this way waiting for visas in Manila then getting turned down and having to apply all over again.

Believe me it aint worth the hassle. Every one I am working with can't wait to get out of here. The only one's that stay here are the "Teachers" coz it is one of the higher paying places for them and relatively cheaper living than say Japan. The others that stay get Yellow Fever and marry women that cannot be taken out of China even for a holiday without Gov permission and all manner of rigmaroles..Why do blokes do this ???

Chinese food is appalling. I have no idea what they do to "meat" it is all slippery tasteless and rubbery. Trying to find some one who knows any English is hard going.

I have even worked out why the Great Wall is there...it is for foreigners to bang their heads against in frustration...starting from before you get here to when you have to deal with the locals.....nightmare best avoided. The gov control everything especially the internet. A VPN is a must loaded on a laptop before you get here or no comms with outside world.

Of the 40 countries I have been to, for me 2 places without doubt to avoid on the planet, China and the entire African land mass.

clap2.gifcheesy.giflaugh.png