Quality tailored shoes?

Cheesekraft

I am thinking of buying my first decent pair of shoes (Clarks Desert boots) but Giiven how expensive they are here, at ~5400 baht, I was wondering if perhaps a tailor would be able to do something similar, perhaps with a better fit and quality, for around the same price? Does anyone have any experience like this with shoes in Thailand specifically in Chiang Mai? That would be great! Thanks

They made a pair of sandals for me.

I took an old shoe pair as an example to the shop.

He did not take any measurements or use carbonpaper as I remember it from Europe.

Even so the sandals are fitting fine so I am satisfied.

I paid about 2500 THB.

I have a friend who is regularly buying boots about same price. He said only this shoes he can wear without getting pain in his back.

Of course it is a Thai owned shop.

The shoemaker and one of the women can speak a little bit English.

The shop is in Chang Phueak near Siri Wattana market on the 107 going to the superhighway.

You can use this link

https://www.google.de/maps/@18.80649,98.985148,3a,75y,245.7h,72.58t/data=!3m4!1e1!3m2!1s7Pef4uE91yu3CO1tyy7Srw!2e0

Edited by mausbiber

Unlikely to find a qualified cordwainer, in Chiang Mai.

Cobblers.........are more likely found than cordwainer's.

Sorry cobblers only repair shoes nowadays.

It is a different craft needing different training, skills, and tools.

These days they have them in denim or navy already, no need to dye anymore 555. In Chiang Mai you could find decent looking dessies at Findig, and cheaper than Clarks. But I know, for the proper mod it has to be Clarksthumbsup.gif. At the Rincome Market near Maya there is one stall, which sells Clarks (now made in Vietnam) as well, not sure if they have desert boots.