Small ride report, BKK-Petchabun

Marcel1

Marcel, thanks for the ride report.

However, I can't believe that you have not ridden up to North Thailand yet. If you think that the roads you did was the ultimate and a biker's dream, then you will have no more words left for the roads to Phu Chi Fah, around Nan, along the Mekong at the Golden Triangle, the MHS loop, the blast from MHS to Mae Sariang and Mae Sot and tons more. If you took a month off work to ride those roads, I guarantee that you will seriously consider quitting your job and just go riding everyday (oh, and move to live up North as well, haha).

Next time, for a shorter ride (3 days 2 nights should suffice), I would highly recommend doing the Kanchanaburi - Sisawat - Sangkhla Buri - Kanchanburi run. You will have both tight twisties as well as race course circuit on the 323.

• Like 2

Haha thanks Gweiloman,

The nhs loop is definately on my list! Just finding the free time is difficult.

Went to kanchanaburi, sinakharin dam, ko laem, I-tong and the 323 a few weeks ago. Awesome trip as well more overall riding fun but, I think petchabun area was really good as well. Looking forward to plan a trip to MHS!

• Like 1

There are quite a few threads already with good suggestions of routes to take but feel free to post up a new thread asking for suggestions. Those of us who have ridden these routes are more than happy to recap them - it's the next best thing to riding them again ourselves :)

• Like 1

Your Google map link didn't work ..

I'm using motionX on the iPhone at the moment, and I'm really impressed. it doesn't do voice navigation but tracks your path, you can import / export routes and also you can pre-plans a route, import to your phone and then follow by sight.

Here's my morning route

http://gps.motionx.com/maps/76320ba0670bde23e5acb17068f1ae32

Edited by recom273

Sorry, I was too lazy to turn the pics. Total we drove about 1100 km in three riding days. No, I am not geared up on the photo and the road you see on the pics is the 2331.

Cheers

Lovely pics and glad you wanted to share them with us but disappointed that you were too lazy to make them as enjoyable as they could be......it's like wearing a beautiful expensive suit and not bothering to polish ones shoes.

• Like 2

excellent post, This is what makes forums interesting! we need more posts like this.

Yes, excellent post, but the OP seemed to be drinking a lot of beer, at one point 8 pints was mentioned, though maybe the wife drank some of it. Surely not a good idea when doing so much riding.

excellent post, This is what makes forums interesting! we need more posts like this.

Yes, excellent post, but the OP seemed to be drinking a lot of beer, at one point 8 pints was mentioned, though maybe the wife drank some of it. Surely not a good idea when doing so much riding.

Haha don't you worry. The wife drinks her fair share. I wouldn't drink and drive ever. Also not with a hangover.

I do like to enjoy a beer when I have my small holidays but there is enough time in between the drinking and driving to be not affected.

• Like 2

Is it true or false that alcohol affects different people in different ways? I have seen people fall over after a couple of beers. I've also seen people polish off a bottle of whisky and you would not be able to tell that they have drunk anything alcoholic because they appear totally in control of their actions and words. Their reaction time may have been affected but I'm seen sober people with a reaction time of a sloth.

How about the morning after? Do some people "digest" the alcohol better and quicker than some others?

before heading too much off-topic. :)

Alcohol affect people in a million ways, generally bigger sized people would be handling alcohol better than small bodied people due to the mass-alcohol ratio but, If a small person drinks every day and the bigger sized one not at all than its completely different. also on a person itself there are many relevant factors. Due to fatigues, dehydration, food, stress etc. etc. your body can respond different to alcohol. This works the same for the morning after I guess.

• Like 1

Hi all

Beautiful area. But if you would have seen how the people there were treated years ago, it was not nice. Now it is the tourist area of Petchabun. Wow!!. just ask them how they were treated years ago. If they are still around. The local people's land have gone to others. Such a shame. And they call this progress or development. Sorry to have a bad note. But I saw it back then. Chondan.