Absentee phone for DTAC sim stored in UK

My Thai mobile is overseas by the time I return in Autumn it''ll have been deactivated.

I'd llike to keep the number as given to many non net users and cards printed etc

Asked 7/11 and Lotus but they dont seem geared up to even register the wife

Its DTAC

If I go to a DTAC Office while visiting provincial hospital next week will it be possible for me or partner to register the phone?

They can see my address credit on phone etc on their computer.

If they are ging to need to handle phone or send sms reply etc looks like Im stuffed,Id ask for sim to be posted but thtas not practicable as its in store until July and I have the only key,losing eithe ror the numbers on SIM would be more trouble than losing the number.

Finally if GOVT deactivateds calls will it mean I can no longer get the one time passords so often used on secure website?

Any personal experience handy

Ill be in a city next month and Bangko in July and know very often differeing outlets have differing practices

Thanks for any ideas.

If DTAC government will defer extend until August I can of course put the phone in their hand to do as they wish

You can register for DTAC "e-service" and then you can extend the life of you SIM for a nominal fee. Registering for their e-service will automatically satisfy the government reporting requirement

post-10942-0-05836800-1425346897_thumb.p

You could also try calling the DTAC call center and see if they can extend the life of your SIM in the same manner by deducting the fee from your balance. They used to do that but I am not sure that the call center still offers that option

Of course this is assuming that you have DTAC pre paid service

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

You only need the phone number and copy passport...

Yes, I registered at AIS in Pattaya. Didn't want to see the phone. Passport and phone number was all that was required.

will it not expire due to lack of top ups, my Ais sim is registered but its validity is only extended one month each 100 baht top up

Talk to someone at their customer service center. They have (had?) a plan that extends your usage by one year every time you top up. After I took up full-time residence here I never bothered to change the service. The per call rate is a little higher than the cheapest rate, but I don't use the phone often enough for it to matter. My last top up was in December and it shows validity to December 2015.

Backup plan - tell them you've lost your phone and want a replacement SIM. You'll need a police report but at least you'll get a same number SIM.

I doubt you need to do that. Granted my SIM is post-paid, but I've simply replaced it on the basis of the previous one suffering wear and tear.

My Thai mobile is overseas by the time I return in Autumn it''ll have been deactivated.

Your message is a bit confusing. Where are you now? Where is your DTAC SIM card now?

will it not expire due to lack of top ups, my Ais sim is registered but its validity is only extended one month each 100 baht top up

Strange, When i first bought my AIS around 3 years ago, it was the same as yours. Now, my top ups last over 9 months or so. Maybe you should check with AIS