Pattaya Reporters meet with Pattaya Police and discuss “drug planting” case

webfact

Pattaya Reporters meet with Pattaya Police and discuss “drug planting” case

police-41.jpg

PATTAYA: -- On Monday afternoon, almost every reporter that works in Pattaya attended a meeting at Pattaya Police Station to discuss the case of a Traffic Police Volunteer who is suspected of planting drugs on a reporter, who was stopped at a checkpoint on Saturday Night.

Apart from the reporters, Police Lieutenant Colonel Tawatchai, the Deputy Pattaya Police Chief along with the volunteer, Khun Pongsawat aged 42, were present to discuss the case, which has angered reporters who fear this could happen again to an innocent member of the public if action is not taken now.

During the meeting it was revealed that a bag of drugs, which was initially reported as not being present, was given to a Police Officer by the volunteer, which he claims to have found discarded on the road. He believed the reporter threw the bag away as he approached the checkpoint.

The Reporter volunteered to take a drug test which came back negative and the so-called drugs in the bag are now being tested to see if they are real or not. Independent witnesses at the scene confirmed to Police Investigators that they saw the volunteer produce the bag of drugs and did not see him pick up the bag from the road.

Full story: http://www.pattayaone.net/pattaya-news/174106/pattaya-reporters-meet-with-pattaya-police-and-discuss-drug-planting-case/

pattaya-one.jpg
-- Pattaya One 2015-03-03

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

simple, if he threw the bag and he wasn't wearing gloves it will have his fingerprints on it

Easily said I know, but to close speculation, the volunteer's apartment/house should be examined for traces of the same drugs found at the scene.

As a statement of goodwill of course............................wink.png

Edit: Whenever evidence can't initially be produced, but turns up later at a crime scene, for me anyway, the hairs on the back of the neck stand up.

As a disclaimer, based on a media story.

Edited by chrisinth

We were searched on our m/c one evening over by Charnok lake my girlfriend took serious offence to one volunteers attitude who became very aggressive and told her she was too slim so must be on ya-ba.

Luckily a higher ranking officer saw what was going on and came over asked about two questions and waved us on our way.

A year later she still brings this up when she hears anything dodgy going on with the Pattaya police which is all too often.

When witnesses saw the drugs being planted, then the police claims that the cop was not a Traffic Police Volunteer and was only assigned to collecting seized vehicles on behalf of the Traffic Police. Talk about being thrown under the bus......

My plan of action if police drops a bag of drugs in my car, is to lock the door to the car and tell the police you have a video camera in the car. (deleted)

Edited by petercool
edited out crude comment