Video: Por Tek Tung - The Thai Body Snatchers

george

well people,

you can see as well as blind freddy and ( he's blind :D ) that colpyat and tony clifton are going hard on each other in the verbal sparing department. :D

i'd be right in there, but it's a bit of a no brainer for me, as you all been jawing on for so long about this issue im just about falling asleep. :D

look here people,

i suggest that we get pro active with this issue as i cant be bothered with pissing around on an issue that concerns every last one of us.

this is serious stuff and you will never know how serious it is untill you are trapped in your car wreck.

when anybody rolls up and are trying to help you, the last thing you will be think off is the qualifications of the rescuer's.

we must always remember the stress on the rescuers, as i dont think enough posters are addressing this aspect.

i must speak up in defence of colpyat, as he is only trying to serve the community and could quite possibly one day be at the scene of your accident.

from what i have read of his post's you'd be very bloody lucky if he was. :D

cheers to you colpyat, and dont worry about a few punters pulling the piss out of you as you know what you are talking about.

there's one thing about this forum that i love,

and that is,

one can blast away away at your verbal sparing partner and as long as you deal with truth and fact you will triumph.

well colpyat,

i salute you, as tony clifton has gone to the bottom of the class.

look, im very interested in talking with you face to face.

im thinking maybe i can do voluntary work teaching road rescue technic and first aid to some of your people.

pm me if you think i could possibly help your people.

keep up your very important role within the community and lets hope that none of us punters need your expertise.

im also thinking that us people of the forum could possibly help out with donations to this cause.

what do you think people ? could we possibly help them to help our selves ?

cheers all :o

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is encouraging that you now at least concede now that your foundation and the other foundation are NOT the only providers of EMS in BKK, as you previously stated, or anywhere else for that matter.

Although 2 minutes on a search engine could have easily disproven that contention of yours as well:

The Bangkok Heart Hospital provides 24-hour regular and special CCU ambulance services. Each ambulance is equipped with monitoring devices and resuscitation equipment. The medical team, specialized in taking care of patients with severe heart diseases, accompanying with the ambulance is always prepared to act efficiently in any life-threatening situation, in order to save people's lives in a shortest duration.

=============================

Piyavate Hospital

Our in-house ambulance service is staffed with professional paramedics and can save precious minutes in life-threatening situations

===================================

Ambulance

310-3456

Bangkok General Hospital

New Petchburi Rd.,

Soi Soonvijai

Ambulance

632-0582-6

Bangkok Nursing Home (BNH)

Convent Rd.,

between Silom & Sathorn

Ambulance

667-2999

Bumrungrad Hospital

Sukhumvit Rd.,

Soi 3

Ambulance

392-0011

Samitivej Hospital

Sukhumvit Rd.,

Soi 49

Ambulance

675-5000

St. Louis Hospital

215 Sathorn South Rd.

Ambulance

361-2712-61

Thai Nakharin Hospital

345 Bang Na Trat Rd.

Ambulance

731-7000

Samitivej Sri Nakharin Hosp.

Sri Nakharin Rd.

======================================

Bangkok Hospital

Ambulance Service is dedicated to providing the people throughout the country with the highest levels of prehospital medical emergency care and patient transport.

Our Motorlance is a fast, free emergency service, which arrives to emergency scenes before the ambulance so care can be administered quicker. The Motorlance is fully equipped with modern life saving equipment such as a defibrillator, oxygen, medicines, etc.

====================================

go ahead and sleep on that... I am.

First of all, you still don't get the point, which basically is the difference between internet research and real knowledge:

ALL of the ambulances you have listed here in Bangkok are only available if you directly call them for an emergency, they are not part of the citywide EMS systhem. They only work for their expensive private hospitals. Do you get it?

They are no use if you are unconscious and injured on the road, because they will never pick you up then. The ones who pick you up are in 99% of the cases the Por Teck Tueng, the Ruamkatanyu, or depending on district the Watchila volonteers, if some bystanders don't simply throw you in the back of a taxi that is nice enough to bring you to a hospital.

The volonteers then will search your wallet, if you have any insurance card, ID, or whatever, and will send you to a hospital accordingly. If you have none, they will send you to the closest government hospital, which in theory has to treat you. If you are a foreigner without ID then you will be sent to the district hospital that has the budget for treatment.

If you are conscious, you will be sent to the hospital of your choice. If that is too far away, then you will be sent to a closer hospital that will then order a referral from your hospital of choice. And then you will be seeing one of the fancy ambulances (if you are lucky).

The vast majority of people here though cannot afford treatment in the hospitals of your list, and therefore will never be transported in an ambulance with the eqipment you have shown in the photo, unless transported for FREE in an ambulance belonging to the Por Teck Tueng, which is far better equipped than what you have shown in your pics.

GOT IT?

Another fine example, the motorway and expressways where toll booths are collecting fortunes. All that cash flowing in could more than easily provide for an ambulance service dediacted to these specific areas where accidents occur more than too often. There are already plenty of strategic areas where they could be on standby, you know... where the highway patrol police cars are parked instead of patroling these same roads cutting down the number of accidents and stunts.

im thinking maybe i can do voluntary work teaching road rescue technic and first aid to some of your people.

Thanks a lot. :o

I don't know how the training systhem exactly works here. What i know is that some is oganised by local hospitals, and some by large foreign organisations.

For that you would have to contact the headquarters, they might be able to give you information on what you could do.

And yes, donations would be appreciated. My suggestion would be to directly donate to local teams. But only equipment, and not money. Ask them what they need, and buy it for them.

And to make one thing clear - i am not highly trained, i just have the training necessary for having worked a long time ago as a lifeguard, plus what i have picked up on the road. Therefore i leave the direction and treatment to the far better trained teamleaders, follow them, and restrict myself to the easier tasks, such as lifting, assisting in splinting and such.

Another fine example, the motorway and expressways where toll booths are collecting fortunes. All that cash flowing in could more than easily provide for an ambulance service dediacted to these specific areas where accidents occur more than too often. There are already plenty of strategic areas where they could be on standby, you know... where the highway patrol police cars are parked instead of patroling these same roads cutting down the number of accidents and stunts.

Do you actually read my posts?

Volonteers are already stationed in strategic positions all over town, and are responsible for their clearly marked territories, get called by radio, from police, or volonteer radio organisations (such as Ruamchuayduaygan, Param Gao or Chalee volonteers), or directly from locals who know mostly where the local rescue team is stationed.

I don't think that the density of local rescue teams in Bangkok could be any better than it is. In inner Bangkok you will have every few kilometers a volonteer team with several trucks.

Edited by ColPyat

Did YOU read my original posts?

Yes, and you're still refering to volunteers as the main providers of emergency services... Are the road systems, airprorts and everything else paid for and operated by <deleted>' vounteers as well? What is missing here is basic infrastructure to which volunteer organisations like yours and their members, like you, can add their support afterwards.

Sri Racha John has clearly explained my view earlier

As this is, indeed, a developing country, perhaps the government and private business should focus more on these basic infrastructure services rather than throwing money at things like a yet another new shopping center or some unneeded road construction in the middle of nowhere for a favored politician. It's difficult to throw out words like developing country or 3rd world country at Thailand when they spent billions erecting such nonsense as Siam Paragon (in the case of private business spending) and a billion + on PM's Air Force One (in the case of governement spending).

Diverting some of the unprecedented levels of current corruption into such things as primary education and EMS training would go a long way to helping improve this country tremendously.

Edited by Tony Clifton

Yes, and you're still refering to volunteers as the main providers of emergency services... Are the road systems, airprorts and everything else paid for and operated by <deleted>' vounteers as well? What is missing here is basic infrastructure to which volunteer organisations like yours and their members, like you, can add their support afterwards.

As this is, indeed, a developing country, perhaps the government and private business should focus more on these basic infrastructure services rather than throwing money at things like a yet another new shopping center or some unneeded road construction in the middle of nowhere for a favored politician. It's difficult to throw out words like developing country or 3rd world country at Thailand when they spent billions erecting such nonsense as Siam Paragon (in the case of private business spending) and a billion + on PM's Air Force One (in the case of governement spending).

Diverting some of the unprecedented levels of current corruption into such things as primary education and EMS training would go a long way to helping improve this country tremendously.

i must tell you people,

its once in a blue moon that i agree with SJ.

but at last i have seen a shining light of wisdom from himself. :D

SJ mounts a very strong argument and strait to the point opinions on this subject.

i have reviewed his piece of literacy genious and deemed it to be correct. :D

my conclusion being this is exactly what needs to done and addressed so all of us can have faith in the emergency services if we ever need them.

cheers :o

I have some difficulties to understand what you are on about, or what you are trying to articulate here. :o

Yes, there is a lot of infrastructure missing, and that is exactly the reason why nobody classifies Thailand as part of the developed world. I am aware of that fact, thank you. I think i have pointed that out long before your hero joined the debate.

It helps nobody though to complain about something that presently cannot be changed, that is in nobody's power to change fast, especially not in the power of the Por Teck Tueng. That's what the thread is about, if you have forgotten - and not about "road sythems, airports and everyting else" - which would move the thread into the territory of Ford Prefect from Betelgeuse.

So, yes, i am referring to "volunteers", or "<deleted>' vounteers", and how they perform their work, because this is the topic of this thread.

Through their efforts, which comprises rescue, desaster relief, support of the poor, and the care of unclaimed corpses, the Por Teck Tueng, the Ruamkatanyu, and similar foundations do help building Thailand into a more developed place. They do not deserve the illinformed sarcasm you are appearantly in need to sprout here.

ODiverting some of the unprecedented levels of current corruption into such things as primary education and EMS training would go a long way to helping improve this country tremendously.

I have some difficulties to understand what you are on about, or what you are trying to articulate here. :o

I have some difficulties to understand what you don't understand, or what you are trying to understand here. Sheeeeit, even Terry57 did!

Obviously at troll or novelist who previously got too many threads closed wherever he was posting, flamed and even wished for mods to ban him, a short retirement followed when they ignored his request. How long until this one and others are closed?

Edited by Tony Clifton

I have some difficulties to understand what you don't understand, or what you are trying to understand here. Sheeeeit, even Terry57 did!

Obviously at troll or novelist who previously got too many threads closed wherever he was posting, flamed and even wished for mods to ban him, a short retirement followed when they ignored it. How long until this one is closed?

The topic here is : Por Tek Tung - The Thai Body Snatchers

You have anything to say about the topic?

Or do you retreat now into personal attacks, lacking an informed opinion on the topic?

Embarrassing, really. Some people should know when to shut it.

Why is that? Would you rather be read only by people who agree with you?

Thinking about it, you have been right about one thing: I may very well be in the wrong place here.

It is getting rather tiring to debate with intellectual imbeciles, meanspirited tossers and simplistic troglodytes, having to bear with their infantile insults, and therefore putting myself into the same classification of sad loosers they are.

The many nice posters who are able to agree/disagree while still keeping the discussion civil are of course not meant here.

I hope the moderators see this post as a reason to ban me for flaming, and assist me this way to break this highly embarrassing addiction of conversing with disgusting characters i avoid like the pest in real life.

Please, mods, do me the favour... :o

Help is on the way!

Edited by Tony Clifton

Those Por Teck Tung that fight over corpses is simply because they want to rifle the victim's wallet. They're just thieves with wheels.

I had a meeting with the TAT in which they said this embarrasing aspect could not be mentioned in a film about Thailand if they were to give clearance for the production..

Edited by Papa_Lazarou

Por Teck Tung are in such a hurry simply because they want to rifle the victim's wallet. They're just thieves with wheels.

I had a meeting with the TAT in which they said this embarrasing aspect could not be mentioned in a film about Thailand if they were to give clearance for the production..

You will find bad apples in every vocation.

I am sure that the TAT is not entirely free of corruption either... :o

Nevertheless, the vast and overwhelming majority of Por Teck Tueng volonteers do not engage in such activities. Personally, my guesstimate is that the volonteer organisations such as the Por Teck Tueng have a far lower percentage of corrupt personel than, let's say, police or courts.

If you get to know of such activities, have the facts, then your complaint will be welcomed by the foundation's headquarter's, who wish to have a clean service to the public.

If you do not have any facts, or have to rely on third hand information such as the TAT, then you are engaging in slander. My advice would be to directly contact the foundations and request to ride with them - i am sure they will accomodate you if you have the proper credentials.

Form your own opinion, please, and don't just repeat what you have read somewhere, or what somebody not directly involved told you.

You will find bad apples in every vocation.

I am sure that the TAT is not entirely free of corruption either... :o

Nevertheless, the vast and overwhelming majority of Por Teck Tueng volonteers do not engage in such activities. Personally, my guesstimate is that the volonteer organisations such as the Por Teck Tueng have a far lower percentage of corrupt personel than, let's say, police or courts.

True they're all pretty dirty. TAT more than most, now you come to mention it.

I cannot ride with PTT as the sight of blood makes me queasy.

papa lazarou, unless you have some proof of this perhaps it is best to avoid posting such accusations.

In a country that lacks an organized EMT system, something is better than nothing.

20-25% kickback to them on the financial grants they make for promotional campaigns and commissioned films.

All perfectly routine and nobody gets precious about it. The system is well understood by those who operate within their framework. Thats the way business is done. Budgeting is done accordingly.

I like all the people i've met at TAT.

Edited by Papa_Lazarou

i think to be fair to all concerned,

we must be gratefull to the good members of the road rescue teams and try and accept that there are a few bad apples amoungst the bunch.

we must remember that this is thailand and all discussions concerning quality of emergency services must be treated as such.

things could be done better, but be grateful to the genuine rescuers who do there best.

if anybody thinks they can do a better job i suggest you step up, ride with these crews and you experience the carnage first hand.

you will then understand what i mean by,

doing the best they can under horrific conditions.

cheers. :o

Excuse me,

Five pages ago I asked a question - how to spot a fake PTT volunteer?

Sorry, forgot that one.

Sadly, for the average person it is almost impossible to distinguish a proper rescue volonteer team and a fake outfit, which is a problem at times as many times crimes attributed to them by people have actually not been committed by them. It's a very murky world there.

Rescue volonteers though usually do know because they know who is around in their district. They personally know the other teams of their area and the neighboring districts, they know the different police volonteer organisations and the cops as well.

In a real life situation, when there's an injured person and a volunteer team, does it matter if they are fake PTT or not? You won't turn the rescuer away. What should be done by us, the general public?

Presumably the difference matters if one is trying to remove your Cartier watch, at the same time as hopng that you will succumb to your injuries in order not to retrieve it later.

In a real life situation, when there's an injured person and a volunteer team, does it matter if they are fake PTT or not? You won't turn the rescuer away. What should be done by us, the general public?

thank you very much plus,

for a question that the punters can ponder over. :D

im hearing a lot of talking and zero solutions to this very important issue.

you have asked us people this question : ?

" what should be done by the general public " ?

the way im reading all this discourse is,

money is there # 1 problem.

if the punters want to make a change we need to start a fund for more fully equiped rescue tenders.

i'll kick it of with 3000 baht,

could possibly get business donating to the cause.

maybe one of our friends on the forum will be a treasurer and we could possibly form a working group.

any way people, its just an idea that i thought id throw out there.

cheers all :o

generally speaking .... the fakes won't have their pick-up parked out front and be wearing id's when they come hustling you for donations

The fakes will have IDs of a no-existent foundation, and come hustling you for donations with very real looking trucks. Sometimes even a smelly corpse on the back. Happened last year in our soi.

Real teams of the Por Teck Tueng are strictly forbidden to solicit donations. I have some friends who even refuse cash donations when offered.

There are different fake teams. Some are overly enthusiastic citicens who would like to be rescue. They mostly lack knowledge and training, but won't rob you.

Then you have faken teams that rob you. They will still drop you of at a hospital though.

You must have very bad luck though to get robbed by them. They only operate in some very far outer areas that are difficult to reach for the real teams. And real teams are mostly very quick.

Another problem are some townships in the suburbs that are run by a sort of local mafia, there police even hardly ever goes. But there you as a normal farang will generally never go, so what happens there won't touch you.

I just wonder how much of this stealing from injury victims really goes on and how much is simply rumour based on misconstrued eye witness accounts of volunteers 'rifling' through victim's wallets for contact/ID/Insurance papers. I mean If I saw an accident and one of the rescuers went down the injured party's pocket pulled out his/her wallet and started going through it - as an ill informed voyer, I guess I'd think they were robbing him/her.

I think in an ideal world volunteer services would not be required - at least in major cities - but this isn't an ideal world - and I take my hat off to anyone willing to scrap bodies of the motorway and pickup broken bodies and rush them to hospital! Especially in the west where trained nurses and doctors are afraid of helping outside of their hospitals for fear of being sued. Even more so, when there is no material payback either.