66-year-old Australian resident in Chiang Mai found dead

Thaivisa News

RIP. I wonder who got his watch. The worker or the Policeman.

That kind of comment is really not necessary.

I wonder how many people die on slippery tiles in wet bathrooms. Not a smart combination.

RIP indeed.

Yes you are right. My apologies.

• Like 2

What a sad way to go. Could have been my eventual fate if I was still in England on my own. Although I might go sooner in up country Thailand with fairly basic medical facilities (in my area), at least I shall have my family there when it happens. RIP.

• Like 1

RIP. I wonder who got his watch. The worker or the Policeman.

That kind of comment is really not necessary.

I wonder how many people die on slippery tiles in wet bathrooms. Not a smart combination.

RIP indeed.

I know two people who died, slipping in the shower, in CM.

Surprising as I have never known anyone that died this way anywhere else in the world, and I haven't been in CM long.

Poor chap.

Edited by MaeJoMTB

Wonder with that name, if perhaps he was from AUSTRIA and not AUSTRALIA?

Could very well have been from Australia but .... well you know how mistakes can be made!

RIP Hans, wherever you came from.

Of course it must be Austria. Everyone in Australia is called Bruce, aren't they?

I think Mohammed is one of the most popular now.

• Like 2

Wonder with that name, if perhaps he was from AUSTRIA and not AUSTRALIA?

Could very well have been from Australia but .... well you know how mistakes can be made!

RIP Hans, wherever you came from.

Of course it must be Austria. Everyone in Australia is called Bruce, aren't they?

Not in America in the South we are all called "Bubba"

Actually, we use the first and middle names. I have fond memories of Laura Sue, Rachel Kay and Rhonda Gaye. May have to take out a contract on you if you call me "Billy Bob" though!

RIP, that seems young... shame. And sad.

On a side note. i have thought many times of putting down a sticky matt in the bathroom. I have slipped many times here in the bathroom.

Another case closed ....

I recently heard of a guy who accidentally belted his head through a TV set and stumbled off the verandah and died after the fall.

Then the food poisoning case in Chiang Rai resulting in death.....but belongings missing.

Sheets that kill with spray that are so toxic you die overnight.

This has been going on for years in various manifestations.

The suicides that involve guns meters from the body .

Rope around neck that was half hitched after the strain was taken from behind.

Plastic bags on head .

And everyone's favourite the jumper.....

Sometimes dispite a prior unbeat night laughs and friends insisting he was happy.

Of course ATM sometimes are looted.

And case closed without real investigation.

This guy most likely did trip in the shower ....but in this country you should never believe what you read to be gospel ...more so Politically these days .

I see gangs are a problem in Chiang Mai at present ....seems the police are simply just not that interested in arresting them ..meanwhile westerners are again going down without due processes being followed ...and a by line suffices.

Dying by sheet is a form of being murdered ....call it man slaughter if you wish ....often the dual safe key is used to pillage belongings ...families of deceased file reports ..( like the woman in Chiang a few years ago) claiming expensive gold and diamond ring was missing necklace etc....

I just feel there is often more than meets the eye in many not so innocent cases.