Sukhumvit Plus Condo Rental

The building is nearing it's completion, it's open for sales (resales of speculative and unsold units) and for rentals.

Wife called them and was told that minimum rental term is 12 months. That is not unusual.

But 12 months worth of rent as a deposit surprised her. Then monthly rent payments.

So, if the rent is 25K, the deposit is 300K baht.

Currently, the contract on our place is renewed every 3 months, the deposit is 3 months rent.

Is it normal to ask for 12 months deposit?

The building is nearing it's completion, it's open for sales (resales of speculative and unsold units) and for rentals.

Wife called them and was told that minimum rental term is 12 months. That is not unusual.

But 12 months worth of rent as a deposit surprised her. Then monthly rent payments.

Currently, the contract on our place is renewed every 3 months, the deposit is 3 months rent.

Which development is this? Are you dealing directly with the developer?

12 months sounds crazy..........

sounds to me like a purchase contract

i agree ... sounds like an initial deposit on a purchase.

i'll look for a website and see what I can learn

Couldn't find pricing other than a total retail price .... but MAN that is an area I'd not want to be in! Rama4 and Suk has HORRIBLE traffic!

Edited by jdinasia

It is a not bad looking place. I do like the development, but not enough to lay down 12 months rental deposit! We all know what a nightmare it can be to get back the deposit, whether that may be 1 month, or 3 months. 12 Months is just dreaming.

Hey,

I'm pretty sure that you guys misunderstood each other. Call them again!

MaiTai

I was looking at some business space in Phuket some time ago- and was told that the owner wanted a one year minimum lease with all 12 months paid in advance, in addition to key money. My friend / partner in Phuket told me that this wasn't uncommon.

Maybe this is what is happening in your situation?

I was looking at some business space in Phuket some time ago- and was told that the owner wanted a one year minimum lease with all 12 months paid in advance, in addition to key money. My friend / partner in Phuket told me that this wasn't uncommon.

Maybe this is what is happening in your situation?

Yes, it looks more like keymoney then deposit........don't pay it....check the contract......maximum deposit ever heard is 6 months and this is already rare so be careful.

Standard is 3 months for big companies.

Good luck,

Thaibel Asia

it does sound a bit odd. maybe go and see the plus people, they have an office at the complex there. i just bought a condo in this complex and i must say that plus were excellent to dael with, very helpful, efficient made the whole thing soo easy.

while it is possible to move in, the place is not finished yet. if you moved in now expect some construction work for another few months, nothing major, just the odd drilling and banging. it is a very nice complex though, and i am very happy with my purchase.

cheers

dm

• 2 weeks later...
it does sound a bit odd. maybe go and see the plus people, they have an office at the complex there. i just bought a condo in this complex and i must say that plus were excellent to dael with, very helpful, efficient made the whole thing soo easy.

Spoke to another advertiser and the deposit was - 2 months.

No idea what wife did...I'll get her to go to visit the office today, as soon as this strong rain stops.

Now, the advertiser has jacked up the price of their condo - from (expected) 15K to 18K due to the position - it's on the 4th floor where the swimming pool, gym and sauna are and they charge extra for the convenient access to the ammenities available to anyone.

Hmmm, I am not paying 3K extra per month for that - in the neighbourhood, 3K is altogether monthly rent for low end place.

My advice after experience a bitchy "mia farang/ex-worker/ex-hooker/blood sucker,etc.. " :D

I ran away before she had the chance to continue with the games.

Delete this owner telephone and forget about the whole deal

even if its the nicest and perfect location u have ever seen..

Its not worth it to deal with ..

Good luck :o

Who was that aimed at? Wife or real estate agent?

The wife is saying that 4 Thais from the block we are at now are moving in to Suk + for 15K fully furnished 1BR while we are being quoted 23K for the same.