UK Citizenship do we use the current form?

Hi hoping to put together the wife's application for citizenship over the weekend and just wanted to check whether we use the current version of form AN on the Governments website.

The only reason I ask this question is as I believe we qualify under the old rules because of when we started this process.

Checking the wife's residency card I believe she received ILR in oct 2012 and had 2 periods of FLR leading up to that.

The 'old rules' you mention are for settlement.

There has been no recent change to the rules for citizenship.

If your wife has ILR, or the equivalent, and meets the other requirements then she can apply using that form; see How to apply.

See Become a British citizen; 2. If your spouse is a British citizen.

Although it costs a bit extra, I'd recommend applying through the Nationality Checking Service.

Not only will they check the form and supporting documents are all correct, they will also copy the supporting documents and return the originals there and then.

cheers, sorted the last piece of the puzzle late last year when she passed the English test so no problems with meeting the requirements.

Will definitely be using the checking service, as we need the passport back for a visit to friends in Switzerland in June.

As a note to others who are thinking of applying before April, I was checking for appointments yesterday with the nationality checking service and our local service is fully booked this month, will have to go to a neighboring town in order to meet the deadline.