Rescue units on standby as thunderstorms about to affect 40 Thai provinces

webfact

Rescue units on standby as thunderstorms about to affect 40 provinces

BANGKOK, 6 March 2015 (NNT)-The Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation (DDPM) has coordinated rescue efforts in preparation for thunderstorm forecast across the country until next Monday.

According to DDPM Deputy Director-General Anusorn Kaewkangwan, the high pressure system from China could bring thunder and hail storms to some areas in the Northeast, lower Central region and the East of the country.

The DDPM is expected to respond to any emergency situations at any time, even though no severe weather conditions have been reported yet. People in 40 provinces have been told to brace for gusty winds and heavy rains.

They are also urged to remove any signs and placards which are vulnerable to wind damage. The 18 DDPM provincial offices will be on standby to dispatch a rescue team to help those in need or call a 24 hour-hotline at 1784.

However, the storms could raise national water storage levels and put out forest fire on top of everything else. Residents affected by the water shortage are advised to take this opportunity to store water.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-03-06 footer_n.gif

weather forecasts for all Thai provinces: http://weather.thaivisa.com

Yesterday the lower north had clear blue skies and damn hot. 39C.

Today we are starting to see some overcast and also the Thai Meteorological Department has updated their website here.

This could be for real.

The OP was at 10:39 and the weather bureau had posted this at 10:00

"The high pressure from China over the eastern Northeast of Thailand and the upper South China is weakening. The southeasterly wind remains over the country. Isolated thundershowers with gusty wind are expected in the Northeast, the lower Central and the East. People should beware of the severe weather conditions."

I think there's a huge difference between "isolated thundershowers" and "severe widespread thunderstorms."

Chicken Little was right.

do these people ever look out a window

Is that considered a high tech method for predicting weather several days in advance in your country?

BANGKOK, 5 March 2015 (NNT)-The Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation (DDPM) has issued warnings for people in 40 provinces against a tropical storm which is likely to take place during March 5-10

Spinn the wheel,throw the little ball around,and maby------just maby they could get lucky this time. BS what a bunch of looser's clap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif .

'BS what a bunch of looser's "

Why is it, I wonder, that people who say this about other people never seem to be able to spell "loser?"

I think it's a new word from Chavland.

Spinn the wheel,throw the little ball around,and maby------just maby they could get lucky this time. BS what a bunch of looser's clap2.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif .

Why is it, I wonder, that people who say this about other people never seem to be able to spell "loser?"

comes from trolls on game forums increasing the number of o's to emphasise the holding of the vowel in speech as in loooooooooooooooooooooooooooser but some forum software treats any repetition of a single character as a form of spam and auto-edits it to a double only and of course it passes a spell check so must be right. as for the misspelling of "spin" and "maybe" would tend to indicate that English is not this persons first language

37 - 38C for the previous week and the fore coming week according to the local weather report in Roi Et province.

A few thunderstorms would be a relief from this prickly heat...........I'll check the local weather again tomorrow.

Why is it you spend so much time on TVF throwing insults and being critical of other posters while failing to contribute anything to the actual topic, I'm willing to bet you don't mix well with other people when you go out

• Like 2

Nothing here in Chiang Mai, and I been standing outside off and on for the past hour, with bucket in hand. Haven't seen any plane spraying water either!..........Hard to figure which is correct, the plane, the weather......only thing that is real is this damn bucket!

• Like 2