Nurse association cries foul over using of nurse uniform in a Bangkok bar

webfact

Nursing association files complaint against bar
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- The Nurses' Association of Thailand yesterday filed a police complaint against a night entertainment venue in Bangkok's Min Buri district getting its hostesses to wear nurse's uniforms and even advertising services from women dressed as nurses.

Association chairwoman Assoc Prof Jintana Uniphan said this practice damaged the image of the nursing profession, adding that she had told Royal Thai Police spokesman Pol Lt-General Prawut Thawornsiri that in response to the complaint, Min Buri police had removed the advertising banners. However, she said, images were still being widely circulated on social media.

Prawut said the owners of the club would be summoned by police, though police have not yet decided whether putting up these banners in public places violated any laws.

He later called on bar operators or owners to be careful about running activities that affect the image of different professions and said he would instruct police stations to continue monitoring such practices.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Nursing-association-files-complaint-against-bar-30255517.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-03-07

The nurses association of Thailand doesn't own the patent on nurses uniforms. Geez you have gay men dressing in nuns clothes and this doesn't damage the image of nuns. When I see a nun I don't think fat hairy man. I have seen bar girls dressed in school uniforms and when I pass a primary school I don't think dirty little prostitutes, the same when I go to a hospital, the word whore doesn't enter my mind either.

• Like 1

this is an early 1st of april joke, right ?

did the uniform have the name of a hospital on it ?

will they forbid the selling of sexy uniforms for personal pleasure ?

did those nurses ever go to pattaya ?

and ... are the degrees those nurses bought, worth anything anyway ?

if you get one, just for attending class

The nurses association of Thailand doesn't own the patent on nurses uniforms. Geez you have gay men dressing in nuns clothes and this doesn't damage the image of nuns. When I see a nun I don't think fat hairy man. I have seen bar girls dressed in school uniforms and when I pass a primary school I don't think dirty little prostitutes, the same when I go to a hospital, the word whore doesn't enter my mind either.

The bar girls don't wear outfits that look like Thai school uniforms, if they did there would be big problems and someone would be arrested. There have even been Chinese tourist arrested for dressing up like Chiang Mai University students and taking pictures on campus because they did not have the 'right' to be wearing the uniform. Thailand is very strange about uniforms and they take them seriously.

The tentacles of western political correctness is spreading to the world.

I miss the 70s

I was just going to comment. I hear people say they have so much more freedom in Thailand but this takes the cake. I can't speak for other western countries but in the US this would be a non-starter. A constitutional right to freedom of expression would rule and the nurses would be laughed out of town.

Now, if they copied and impersonated a real nurse uniform from perhaps a real hospital that would be different. But a generic uniform. Pffffffft.

• Like 1

That's because you are a rational intelligent normal person able to distinguish between normal reality and pretend mate.

Unfortunately many here can't and that leads to an opening for the PC zealots to jump in and make another mountain out of a mole hill.

If someone genuinely can't tell the difference between a real nurses uniform and a spook scanty sexy one then they must have some real issues.

Interesting that in the late 70's and early 80's strippers were big entertainment in British pubs. My mate had a pub and had a couple of live shows a week. I used to collect the ladies and see them safely back - almost all were student nurses from a neighboring city. They all worked in neighboring cities not their own for obvious reasons, were desperate for cash as notoriously underpaid, and really nice in the main.

• Like 1

I'll send them some of my nursing DVDs...they'll need resuscitating.

Better make sure they're not from the Japanese hospitals.

Imagine the howls of horror from genuine Japanese care givers.

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=what+goes+around+comes+around&biw=1024&bih=615&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=v6b6VKOcKJWjugST_ICgDw&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#tbm=isch&q=sexy+japanese+nurses&imgdii=_

no pics never happened...laugh.png

Maybe SCB will be next complaining about provocative video's of employees in full bank "uniform"

woops facepalm.gif they were real employees rolleyes.gif

bankers association would have a harder case to prove since the go go girls in banking uniforms also accept deposits and withdrawals.

The tentacles of western political correctness is spreading to the world.

I miss the 70s

I was just going to comment. I hear people say they have so much more freedom in Thailand but this takes the cake. I can't speak for other western countries but in the US this would be a non-starter. A constitutional right to freedom of expression would rule and the nurses would be laughed out of town.

Now, if they copied and impersonated a real nurse uniform from perhaps a real hospital that would be different. But a generic uniform. Pffffffft.

there should an uprising of bar/ gogo frequenting expats wearing oxford, cambridge, yale, and harvard dinner jackets (the real deal)

This girl is not a nurse,

she only likes Switzerland a lot.

post-208463-0-93857000-1425728447_thumb.

Sorry but partially wrong. I can definitely confirm that this looks absolutely like a genuine Swiss nurse, uniform and content included.

Damn, first they faked perfectly our Lolex and now our nurses. This has to be stopped, now!

PS: Pssst, TAT, are you awake? Hint: Finally a theme - which will work - to bring masses of your haunted Quality-Tourists, and -Patients(!), to Thailand.

Edited by Andreas2

Lol....I think they should lighten up and take it as a compliment.

Sadly, it seems Thai nurses are just as humourless as the ones in western countries ( and before you shout that nurses are the most wonderful people in the world, I was one for many years ). The occupation is riddled with bullying managers and humour deficient so called nurse leaders ).

RGAP7dE.jpg

The event in question was a Valentine's day party last month which was advertised in advance via a banner hung outside the venue and also via the restaurant's Facebook page.

On the aforementioned banner was written "Valentine's Day nurses party with lots of models and 'pretties' in nurses uniforms"

After a complaint was made on 12th February the banner and Facebook pages were removed and the party cancelled but it seems senior figures at the nurses council still want the police to prosecute for insulting and bringing the image of nurses into disrepute by displaying scantily clad nurses in this manner.

Police Lieutenant General Prawutthi Thaworasiri from Thai National Police Headquarters said that even though the Minburi police had investigated the matter, the party had been cancelled and advertisements had been removed, he was considering prosecuting under Thai computer crime laws.

They still can't stop what goes on in my dirty mind when I see an attractive nurse in uniform. I've had these thoughts before I ever saw a stripper in a nurse's uniform. Hopefully they won't try to prosecute me.

I suppose anyone can complain about anything, anytime and for any reason. When a professional group, such as nurses, finds a private advertisement objectionable, they tread on the thin ice of self-righteousness.

I doubt the reputation or public perception of the nursing profession is damaged by such provocative advertisements, however clad. What seems more damaging is the attention the nursing association has brought unto itself. It comes across as a group that has no concept of free speech, unless it meets their criteria and definition.

I would ask the question, what injury has the nursing professional suffered from this advertisement?

Live and Let Live.

I suppose anyone can complain about anything, anytime and for any reason. When a professional group, such as nurses, finds a private advertisement objectionable, they tread on the thin ice of self-righteousness.

I doubt the reputation or public perception of the nursing profession is damaged by such provocative advertisements, however clad. What seems more damaging is the attention the nursing association has brought unto itself. It comes across as a group that has no concept of free speech, unless it meets their criteria and definition.

I would ask the question, what injury has the nursing professional suffered from this advertisement?

Live and Let Live.

In my experience of western nursing over many years as one, the so called "nursing leaders" ( they never represented my viewpoint ) are devoid of humour and are the epitome of PC. Unfortunately, the western disease of self importance and no sense of humour seems to have infected the Thai nursing hierarchy.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Live and Let Live.

In my experience of western nursing over many years as one, the so called "nursing leaders" ( they never represented my viewpoint ) are devoid of humour and are the epitome of PC. Unfortunately, the western disease of self importance and no sense of humour seems to have infected the Thai nursing hierarchy.

My wife is a professional nurse.

She objects to her profession being denigrated by sexualised advertising from some sleazy bar, which is designed and directed toward the many pervert ex-pats which seem to infest Thailand.

Edited by nzexpat

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Live and Let Live.

My wife is a professional nurse.

She objects to her profession being denigrated by sexualised advertising by some sleazy bar, which is designed and directed toward the many pervert ex-pats which seem to infest Thailand.

Just as well the airline hostess associations of the world have a sense of humour, or perhaps they just aren't as PC riddled as the nurses organisations, or they would be picketing Walking Street.

If we keep going down this road, the Irish will be demanding an end to Irish jokes.

I am a professional nurse too ( and I bet I have a lot more years in it than your wife ) and I see no harm in it at all, except to the inflated sense of self importance of some humour bereft overly PC individuals that have a nursing qualification.

• Like 2