Murder suspect shot dead in presumed revenge attack

Thaivisa News

Phetchaburi: – Tha Yang police are investigating the killing of a Ratchaburi provincial councillor who was a suspect in the murder of a retired police officer.

Suwat Phol-udom, 33, died of multiple gunshots, police said quoting the report on preliminary crime-scene checks.

Suwat was shot three times in the nape of his neck, in the chest and in the right hand. All three nine-millimetre bullets exited his body and could be recovered at the scene.

One bullet hit and lodged in the door of the victim’s pickup truck after exiting his body.

Suwat’s wife Rasamee Pholngam, 30, told police that her husband was elected provincial councillor from Ratchaburi’s Ban Pong distrct.

The victim and his family members were returning home after attending a seminar at Cha-am beach.

On the way, the victim decided to stop for lunch and buying souvenirs at a popular rest-stop on Phetchkasem Road.

Before the gun attack, the victim returned alone to his truck to get extra cash to pay the bill while his family members were in the shop, Rasamee said.

Witnesses said the gunman drove a bronze-coloured pickup truck.

A police checkpoint detained a driver who fit the description but released him after questioning.

Based on police records, Suwat was released on bail in December.

He was charged for putting out the contract for killing ex-police officer Colonel Withoon Phromprawat, 78, in Ratchaburi.

Withoon was killed in a drive-by shooting in November in Ban Pong district. His body had more than 20 gun wounds.

Based on police records, Suwat was released on bail in December.
He was charged for putting out the contract for killing ex-police officer Colonel Withoon Phromprawat, 78, in Ratchaburi.

Released on bail?
Why?
If he has placed an order for murder, he should be in jail.
  • Like 2

So, a contract killer out on bail was an elected provincial councillor from Ratchaburi’s Ban Pong district.

Says a lot about what state this country is in.

I don't think that it says a lot about what state the country is in.

I think it says a lot about true Thai society and culture.

Past.

Present.

Future.

• Like 2

Time for drastic measures to be taken in Thailand. This level of violence can not be tolerated by the country. A zero tolerance to weapons being carried must be instigated and carried through no exceptions.

With the way things are going on, TAT wont have to calculate the reduction in visitors they wont be any

Edited by gandalf12

There should be a survey about how many top government officials are on charges of murder.

Or have been on murder charges.

Or charged already but got off.

Unheard of in any other country.

Prime ministers , counselors, MP

Amazing ??

Indeed, and it goes to show that that has not changed either since the junta took over.

I'm still waiting for a single indictment, or better even an arrest, of just one of the thousands of thieving government officials that are currently in power and still undisturberd since May 2014....

• Like 1

Time for drastic measures to be taken in Thailand. This level of violence can not be tolerated by the country. A zero tolerance to weapons being carried must be instigated and carried through no exceptions.

With the way things are going on, TAT wont have to calculate the reduction in visitors they wont be any

i think it is time for you to wake up.

As in real it is actually much worse, but many incidents are not reported here on TV or any other news outlet at all.

a lot of farangs here livbe in a false sense of security, like it is so much safer here than in Europe....yeah right !!

Is there anything as boring as these continuous statements ...but it happens in other corners of the world too?

It is simply a news item as it would be elsewhere. This forum is about Thai news so don't know what you expect. Perhaps if it looks boring then you should just move on instead of making some inane comment.

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Is there anything as boring as these continuous statements ...but it happens in other corners of the world too?

It is simply a news item as it would be elsewhere. This forum is about Thai news so don't know what you expect. Perhaps if it looks boring then you should just move on instead of making some inane comment.

And that makes it right? I guess you must come from one of the places in the world that accepts such incidents as normal every day life. If so I feel sorry for you

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

And that makes it right? I guess you must come from one of the places in the world that accepts such incidents as normal every day life. If so I feel sorry for you

How did you get that from my post? I was replying to someone who said it was boring. It is no way boring & items like this should be reported so as to have a true feel for life here. I am sure there is much violence going on that does not get reported nor do we normally get any follow up from the media unless it is a high profile case.

• Like 1

You would think a good business opportunity here would be selling

Armored cars,and the people really needing them would have

the money to buy them thats for sure,

regards Worgeordie

What a sad comment. You imply, but may not mean it in this way, that the violence can not be stopped

"A police checkpoint detained a driver who fit the description but released him after questioning".

Just another day in Thailand then...

Presumably, as he was not a suspect, he was released after it was confirmed he was not involved.

So, just another day on Thaivisa, then.

• Like 1

Yes, the wild west. Next you will be getting someone abducting, murdering and dismembering their stepsister, or pushing a policewoman on to a railway track or even stabbing an innocent pedal cyclist to death.Just three of the stories I heave read from the UK in the last couple of days.Lets just hope it doesn't get that bad here.

A week in Thailand is equivalent of a year in UK, so stop being an apologist for the bad state Thailand is in.

How about you stopping being a nonsensical cheerleader for the Thai bashers?

• Like 1

Yes, there is. It's those never ending posts that suggest these events are particularly peculiar to Thailand.

• Like 2