If MH370 not found by end of May, new look at data

Lite Beer

If MH370 not found by end of May, new look at data

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia (AP) — Malaysia's transport minister says if Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 is not found by the end of May, the three countries leading the search in the southern Indian Ocean will re-examine data and come up with a new plan.

Liow Tiong Lai told a select group of foreign reporters on the eve of the anniversary of the plane's disappearance during a flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing that he remains cautiously optimistic that the Boeing 777 should be in the area where the underwater search has been ongoing.

He said Saturday that Australia, Malaysia and China were due to meet next month to discuss the search efforts.

aplogo.jpg
-- (c) Associated Press 2015-03-07

If using Thai letters, you have over twice that many left.

Seriously though, it sure looks like an intentional ditching (prolonged as long as possible) by the pilot. His ordinarily busy appointment calender had no entries for after that fateful day. He was distraught because his friend had been found guilty (in a kangaroo court) the day before. Even tho he erased data on his in-house flight simulator, investigators were able to discern that he had programmed simulations which coincided with the errant route taken by the plane that day. Guilty of mass murder. His estate should be sued to the full extent allowed by law.

Oh Jesus Christ. Where do you clowns come from?

The pilot was long dead by the time the place crashed.

• Like 1

Seriously though, it sure looks like an intentional ditching (prolonged as long as possible) by the pilot. His ordinarily busy appointment calender had no entries for after that fateful day. He was distraught because his friend had been found guilty (in a kangaroo court) the day before. Even tho he erased data on his in-house flight simulator, investigators were able to discern that he had programmed simulations which coincided with the errant route taken by the plane that day. Guilty of mass murder. His estate should be sued to the full extent allowed by law.

How do you know the pilot was long dead before the crash ?

• Like 2

LOL.

the first step for finding this airplane would be to consider the Inmarsat data as possibly fake and then to extrapolate the probably flight path from the last moments before track of the plane was lost.

• Like 1

Malaysian Airlines should be paying for the search.

NOT other countries.

It was their plane.

Other countries assisting with the search both physically and financially are not required to assist but they are doing so because they had people on the plane.

Edited by Scott
Inflammatory remark removed

After the plane went missing an oil worker on a rig in the lower Thai Gulf reported seein a flash and a glowing object falling out of the sky in the area it was last known but they never took this any further. Also I believe that the U.S Air Force where having live weapon training with the Thai Air Force.

Makes you think if this was kept quiet for some reason. They have never searched this area.

LOL.

the first step for finding this airplane would be to consider the Inmarsat data as possibly fake and then to extrapolate the probably flight path from the last moments before track of the plane was lost.

May be the answer lies here:

A plane was seen on a Southern Atoll of the Maldives, exactly inside the time window, in which the MH370 could have shown up there. Eight witnesses were being interviewed, and all interviewers came to the conclusion, it could not have been the MH 370. But which plane, flew over the island so low, and was also visible for the "Satellite supported Surveillance system" of Diego Garcia?

http://www.haveeru.com.mv/news/54062

Furthermore, the U.S. have until today not revealed their surveillance data from D.G., which covers at least a radius of 2000 nautical miles around the nuclear bomber airport. They just keep silent.

Parts of the cargo is still unknown and being kept secret. The plane, most probable, was meant never to be found.

After the plane went missing an oil worker on a rig in the lower Thai Gulf reported seein a flash and a glowing object falling out of the sky in the area it was last known but they never took this any further. Also I believe that the U.S Air Force where having live weapon training with the Thai Air Force.

Makes you think if this was kept quiet for some reason. They have never searched this area.

Of all the theories in connection with the disappearance, that's the easiest one to rebuff. The area where that report came in from is busy, and the waters relatively shallow. If that aircraft had been shot out of the sky, the debris would have scattered far and wide, and much of it floated for days.

What people expounding that theory then expect us to believe is that China would say nothing about the fact that the US shot the plane down. And even if the aircraft had been accidentally downed - that it would disappear without trace.

I think - not.

NOT other countries.

It was their plane.

That must be one of the most mean spirited comments out----especially coming from a Aussi

Why? A search like that costs a great deal of money, and as all the passengers can be assumed dead, what is the point of continuing? It's not like they can save anyone's life now.

Whether the pilot was dead or alive when the plane went down is moot. What's important is whether he planned and enacted a mass murder.

What's important is...If a government can locate & monitor a person by tracking their cellphone signals to within 10 meters then why hasn't the debris of MH370 been located after 365 days as of 0900 (approx) tomorrow?

The rest is heresy.

Yeah and the ghosts in my attic keep stealing my car, what a croc of shit some countries come up with, when they don't have a clue what has happened, I am still waiting for some one to come out and say there is evidence that the plane was taken by Aliens.

What's important is...If a government can locate & monitor a person by tracking

their cellphone signals to within 10 meters then why hasn't the debris of MH370

been located after 365 days as of 0900 (approx) tomorrow?

The rest is heresy.

I would have thought there would have been some floating wreckage that could have been attributed to MH370 found by now. things like sugar packs or other items sealed in little plastic bags that had the MA Logo on them.

Edited by Basil B

NOT other countries.

It was their plane.

That must be one of the most mean spirited comments out----especially coming from a Aussi

Why? A search like that costs a great deal of money, and as all the passengers can be assumed dead, what is the point of continuing? It's not like they can save anyone's life now.

Dear God......!! Words fail me.....

• Like 2

NOT other countries.

It was their plane.

Dear God......!! Words fail me.....

Please explain why Australia should spend money to find a plane that belongs to another country. God isn't going to help either.

ONE YEAR ON
Malaysia says 'back to drawing board' if the search for MH370 fails
Agence France-Presse
KUALA LUMPUR

Malaysia's transport minister said yesterday his government remains committed to solving the mystery of flight MH370, but added it remained unclear what the next steps would be if the deep-sea search now under way comes up empty.

Liow's comments, made on the eve of the tragedy's anniversary, echoed comments made recently by Australian officials who have raised doubts about an open-ended search for the aircraft, believed by experts to have gone down in the southern Indian Ocean. "The people of Malaysia remember this date. The world community will remember this date - the 8th of March disappearance of MH370 - and we are together with the next of kin," Liow told AFP in an interview. "I would like to say to the next of kin that we will continue to be committed to the search."

But he said if nothing is found in a zone now being scoured, "then we have to go back to the drawing board" and re-examine all available data used to determine a suspected crash zone.

Today's anniversary looms as a painful milestone for relatives of the 239 passengers and crew aboard the plane, which inexplicably diverted from its Kuala Lumpur-Beijing route shortly after takeoff last March 8, many of whom are deeply unhappy with the lack of progress. Four ships involved in the Australian-led search are now using sophisticated sonar systems to scour a huge and previously unmapped undersea region.

They are focusing on a 60,000-square-kilometre (23,000-square-mile) priority zone, with the search expected to be completed in May.

More than 40 per cent of the zone has been scanned, with nothing detected on the seafloor aside from a few sunken shipping containers.

Australian Prime Minister Tony Abbott said on Thursday that while committed to the current operation he "can't promise that the search will go on at this intensity forever".

Many next of kin have been deeply critical of Malaysia's initial response to the crisis, saying that opportunities to intercept or track the plane were lost.

Liow said an international investigative team formed in the weeks after the plane vanished was expected to hand over its findings on the sequence of events leading up to the disappearance sometime this weekend.

He said the government needed to review the report before releasing it and he did not know exactly when it would be publicly available.

Liow, who was named transport minister three months after the disappearance, said the government "will take appropriate actions if necessary", based on the report's findings, but declined to speculate on its contents.

But he denied accusations by some family members that Malaysia's government and national airline had not been transparent, saying authorities had regularly shared all that they know.

"We are very transparent in this. I would like to emphasis that," he said.

"I have told the next of kin: they are seeking answers? I also am seeking answers. I am committed to look for the answers for them."

Families were again angered by the authorities' handling of the disaster when on January 30 Malaysia declared all on board to be presumed dead.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/aec/Malaysia-says-back-to-drawing-board-if-the-search--30255558.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-03-08

Where are the psychics when you need 'em? I jest. I was married to a professional palm-reader, numerologist, astrologer, you-name-it, and saw up close and personal what a sham that whole industry is. She was successful, also. Had people lining up to hear her pearls of insight.

For a year now, all the psychics of the world, can't find debris or wreckage of the plane. Neither can all the religionists of the world, who claim to have such insight to minutae. They claim to be able to sense, in detail, the most subtle thoughts of stranger's brain, far away, yet can't find mega-ton hunks of debris in the ocean.

Of all those 'seers', not one predicted the Twin Towers attack, nor Princess Di's untimely death, nor the Indian Ocean tsunami - yet every day, millions of people pay money to such people to guide their lives and predict their futures.

Not 1 piece of floating debris from an aircraft supposedly lost at sea. That I believe has to be a 1st for a passenger aircraft. Especially a big one. I think going back to the drawing board is going back to the radar blips of something that crossed the peninsula. Remember, villagers near the coast reported a loud bang.