Rain making plain runs off CNX runway

khwaibah

There are no clouds and they need humidity to have any chance and that's questionable or is this just another PR exercise.

Looking at the long range weather forecast, which I know is not always reliable, we are in for clear sunny days, min 37 degrees for weeks

• Like 1

Well....... that must have been "PLAIN" Awful.

Sorry....just couldn't help myself on that one. Don't worry, we all make mistakes. Just one thing I used to warn my Journos about though was:

Never, but Never Hyphenate the word, "COUNTRY", in particular if it is Radio or TV News...can get a News Presenter in all manner of trouble.

There are no clouds and they need humidity to have any chance and that's questionable or is this just another PR exercise.

Looking at the long range weather forecast, which I know is not always reliable, we are in for clear sunny days, min 37 degrees for weeks

Was the long range forecast put out by the tourist bureau?

Hmmm....do you think it might have been Claude Rains who grabbed the reins to reign in the rain-making plane? (Ok, slap me for that one)

The notion of the Thai air force chasing clouds to seed them in an attempt to make them rain so that might significantly lessen the air pollution around here is actually almost hysterically funny. And, of course, plain/plane stupid.

The Kaset aviation dept have been in the rain making business for at least 25 years as far as I know. The King is an authority on the subject and has developed the double and triple sandwich method of cloud seeding. They may have old equipment but I would guess they know exactly what they are doing.

• 2 weeks later...

To seed or not to seed......Well first of all you need a sizable cloud in the right place, Oh dear but there are no clouds at present Ok lets seed the smoke so that people will think we are solving the problem. Every body enjoy Thai happiness . Well smoke plus seeding could be more lethal ,however better to make some sort of show.