Fishing in and around Bangkok

harry1

Hi

I have recently move to the On Nut Soi50 area of Bangkok,i treated myself to Bungsanrang Lke last week and enjoyed it,but at 6000bt ago i can't do this every weekend,does any members know of any cheaper family orientated lakes with-in 30mins of On Nut,i'm a casual fisherman and more interested in the day out but if a monster comes my way all the better

Many thanks

Chris

There are various stocked ponds around...

There is one I know of on Patthana Chonabot road... Right by Rom Khlao exit of express way (last exit before airport...

https://www.google.co.th/maps/place/Thanon+Phatthana+Chonnabot+Rd,+Khet+Lat+Krabang,+Krung+Thep+Maha+Nakhon+10520/@13.731783,100.737093,18.8z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x311d66e129774609:0xf48d4541f0c427a3?hl=en-US

Something similar to Bungsamran but with smaller fish is Sakuna. Its very 'local' so don't expect much in the way of nice toilets etc. but they charge not much more than 100 baht a day, with no dual pricing. And they mix the bait for you!

They do have the odd bigger fish in there as well, just to keep you on your toes. My 10 year old son landed a giant Mekong of around 50kg there last year.

Check out the Bangkok hooker site for more information, and some other options.

http://bangkokhooker-fishing.com/

• Like 1

Fishing in a stocked pond is not fishing Its a joke. Go to a real lake or the ocean or river. Thats fishing

If I read correctly the OP does not mind to NOT do the all geared up professional fishing thing like you...

He's simply more into just putting his line in the water and relax within 30 minutes from Bkk area he's in. Not like a all well seasoned international award winning fishermen like yourself.

On the other hand there is a hell of a lot of two legged fishes around his area and he would not even have to buy a fishing rod.....???

Edited by CapeThai
  • Like 1

Fishing in a stocked pond is not fishing Its a joke. Go to a real lake or the ocean or river. Thats fishing

If I read correctly the OP does not mind to NOT do the all geared up professional fishing thing like you...

He's simply more into just putting his line in the water and relax within 30 minutes from Bkk area he's in. Not like a all well seasoned international award winning fishermen like yourself.

On the other hand there is a hell of a lot of two legged fishes around his area and he would not even have to buy a fishing rod.....[emoji2][emoji2][emoji2]

Yeah, Yellowtail fishing in Bangkok is great! Always in season and no limit!