Pump : Hitachi Vs Mitsubishi

JohnnyJazz

I'm going to buy a new constant pressure pump for my house. My contractor insist I should buy a Mitsubishi. But I found a 350W Hitachi at only 6,xxx Bahts while a 300W Mitsu will cost me more than 7,000 Bahts.

Any good reasoon why I should listen to my contractor instead of my wallet ?

i have both in my opinion no difference in performance or build quality i would suggest you go to purchase the pump yourself to make sure there are no little mark ups or adons just to further help the wallet that's presuming they are both same specs exactly

I've had 3 Hitachi pumps over the places and years and only problem was when one ran dry for 2 days and crapped out. Assume you have two or more floors? 350W is at the high end for residential.

I never understood how people count the number of floor here. We have a ground floor + 3 floor. We have a guest room + shower on the last floor so we need enough pressure to go up there. The washing machin is on the top floor too.

I have three hitachi pumps. One each for pool, house, yard. Nine years old and going fine.....have had to repair a gasket or two ...can be a bit loud when all three are going at the same time but again no burnt out motors just simple diy fixes

In that case, I'm guessing some folks would recommend you get even deeper into the wallet and get a Grundfos. Probably worth it.

They probably did but I'm now so broke I couldn't pay attention.

We have a 750W Grundfos, quiet, effective, reliable, not cheap.

The thing is, you need a pump with enough head to go to the 4th (?) floor. I can't be bothered with the calculations for that but that's what you need to find out.

In that case, I'm guessing some folks would recommend you get even deeper into the wallet and get a Grundfos. Probably worth it.

They probably did but I'm now so broke I couldn't pay attention.

We have a 750W Grundfos, quiet, effective, reliable, not cheap.

According to our plumber 300W would be ok, 400W better. The problem is a Mitsu 300W cost 7,000 Bahts but double for a 400W. Grundfos starts a 500W and something like 17,000 Bahts. We found a Hitachi 350W at 6,990 Bahts that looks like a good compromise. We are already 300% over our initial budget, all savings are good.

Edited by JohnnyJazz

I have a suggestion for the O.P. He might look in his province at an independent family owned high volume water pump shop that not only sells Mitsubishi, Hitachi or Grundfos water pumps but that is also the "authorized repair center" for each brand of water pump. He should be able to ask in English in person to the owner of a shop he is thinking about spending thousands of baht on a water pump 1) "If this water pump does not function properly at my house will you send your employees to my house to fix it within 24 hours?" 2) "If I bring the water pump to your shop do you have an actual repair department with spare parts so you can fix my (pick the make and model) within 24 hours" or 3) "If my water pump breaks is it my responsibility to bring it to your store in a box so you can transport it to a repair center in Bangkok while I wait with no water pump?" 4) "Do you offer a free replacement water pump while the pump I bought from your store is being repaired?"

I noted today that the water pump shop in Buriram where I have bought and use a Hitachi Inverter MMP400EX water pump, Mitsubishi WP 305Q water pump and a Franklin Schaefer 8 stage submersible water pump has the current advertisement from Thai Watsadu laminated at the check stands showing the local Buriram water pump shop price on every water pump is lower that the Thai Watsadu "sale" price on every Mitsubishi water pump and lower on every Hitachi water pump. There certainly could be a similar cost savings and after the service policy in Johnny Jazz's location. There must be a similar water pump store in his province where the Mitsubishi Deputy Department manager of Fan & Water Pumps Artit Manubrud of Kang Yong Electric Public Company Limited would spend time with the repair staff or Kazumi Hoida the Managing Director of Hitachi Power Tools would spend time with the repair department staff. In my personal experience both Hitachi and Mitsubishi have dependable water pumps, but the shop that you buy it from and that will maintain and repair your water pump can help you select what is best model for your needs and budget. My Mitsubishi and Hitachi water pumps are both serving 6 bathrooms since 2007 with no major repairs and nominal expense after the 5 year warranty period ended.

post-20604-0-26534400-1425911541_thumb.j

post-20604-0-02443300-1425911668_thumb.j

post-20604-0-34271000-1425911728_thumb.j

Edited by kamalabob2

According to our plumber 300W would be ok, 400W better. The problem is a Mitsu 300W cost 7,000 Bahts but double for a 400W. Grundfos starts a 500W and something like 17,000 Bahts. We found a Hitachi 350W at 6,990 Bahts that looks like a good compromise. We are already 300% over our initial budget, all savings are good.

You really need to check specs on any of these - 4 floors up is asking a lot from regular mid-range domestic pump. Assuming each floor is 3M, and the top floor shower head is @ 2M, that's 3 + 3 + 3 + 2 = 11M head height, not including the horizontal sections of pipe (which also add to the total head, but with some really complicated math).

I'd suggest you'd probably want at least 20M of head height to be safe/comfortable.

Scroll to the bottom of this to see Hitachi models that will do the job:

http://www.hitachi-th.com/hitachi_new/Download/WaterPump.pdf

And use this link to see the Mitsubishi pump specs (3rd column = Head Height):

https://www.mitsubishi-kyw.co.th/upload_files/web_download_brochure_pdf/web_download_brochure_pdf_mSKyAGPNmU145631.pdf

We've never had any problems with either brand - and would recommend them both. If you think you'll be having multiple showers in use concurrently, I would recommend an inverter pump though - as they don't surge or weaken at all as more taps are turned on.

• Like 1

^ Agree with you but the bathroom at the 4th floor is just for the occasional guest, not for regular use so after reading your docs I believe our 350W Hitachi should do the job just fine.

One thing I don't understand is the huge jump of price between 350 W and 400W. Pumps between 150 and 350W are all withing the 5,000 / 7,000 THB range but prices double to 14,xxx THB as soon as you reach 400W. What is the big difference between a 350W pump and a 400W that justifies such a price difference ?

^ Agree with you but the bathroom at the 4th floor is just for the occasional guest, not for regular use so after reading your docs I believe our 350W Hitachi should do the job just fine.

One thing I don't understand is the huge jump of price between 350 W and 400W. Pumps between 150 and 350W are all withing the 5,000 / 7,000 THB range but prices double to 14,xxx THB as soon as you reach 400W. What is the big difference between a 350W pump and a 400W that justifies such a price difference ?

I can only assume you have the WM-P350GX - the next step up takes you into a much more advanced (and expensive) Inverter model.

http://www.hitachi-th.com/hitachi_new/products/productdetail.php?ModelID=9111&store=wpspec_e&ProductID=11&storename=ProductNameEn〈=

vs:

http://www.hitachi-th.com/hitachi_new/products/productdetail.php?lang=&ProductID=11&ModelID=9077&store=wpspec_e&storename=ProductNameEn

Edited by IMHO

I stick with Mitsubishi because they stood by me & fixed my 305 that I installed under the water line in which I though was a waterproof housing so the Kamoies wouldn't steal the pump off the well till we built our house. While the installation would have required 3 hours to cut rip & break out the pump it flooded that year real bad. When I got the pump out it was fried due to being 3/4 's submersed in water. A blind man can see I error-ed & caused the damage.

Mitsubishi 3 days later sent me a brand new unit free of charge to Kangyong & they brought it out to me 20 kilo's away. All it cost me was a tip for the driver. I never put anything underground like that again, but they got my loyalty for doing the right thing & they really have some great equipment. Not sure about Hitachi. They should be just as good but I am not sure how well they stand behind their product compared to Mitsubishi. I have had 5 Pumps in 3 properties & short of my mistake they all were great.

• Like 1