3BB Fiber Optic Problems

sup3r1or

To be honest they suppose to guarantee for international traffic around 50%. Does anyone know if they have complaint department? I tried to ask them they keep stirring me from it. SOme engineer called and said our test show its okay. Of course it will why wouldnt it be calibrated in favor of their network. When I was getting 1mbps and counted even get youtube working their test showed 29/3.

He asked me what websites exactly do I use so he can test them, I was like man it is in general. Sometimes you open internet and you can tell that all websites load slow...very very slow. Yesterday I switched on my PS4 and got update for GTA 5 from UK servers. 4 GB file, only took 13 hours. Next door coffee shop using True 15 mbps and its working like a charm 13 MBps to London/New York. I seriously cant justify 1200 baht when their own service for 590 works better than this fiber optic.

• 4 weeks later...

So it has been 2 months or so already. I really had enoug, I had 6 visits from engineers and 2 calls from Bangkok Main 3BB engineers. Nothing has changed. Yesterday true called us offered 18 MBps Fiber for 400 bht for first 4 months then 799 after. We agreed. I do a lot of work that requires stable internet. 3BB is just not cutting it. DNS errors, super slow downloads.

Called them yesterday said not paying want to cancel, they said go to office. I printed out all papers and speed tests to show them. They said they will send technician again to evaluate service.

Now here is the catch, yesteday I had sub 1 mb speeds, today when engineers suppose to come I woke up to a super fast internet. My speed test to london shows 25 mbps all the time, which I have never ever seen in my life. This is what I noticed, when engineers come internet works great, the moment they leave 30 mins later the internet is back to s...t. I made video.

Few days ago I tried downloading a game from PlayStation network, download constantly stops. The file size was 1.9 GB and it took me not joking 42 hours. In 4 hours I downloaded less than 150 mb. I deleted the game, tried again, same result. Went to my neighbor who uses True, asked if I can connect to his WIFI. Tried again, 20 minutes it is done. Made screenshots and videos.

Now I need to find a way to disconnect it. When I was in Lampang my mother in law managed to BS them in the office and got disconnected without paying anything 3 months into contract.

With 3BB Fiber I paid 3500 for connection fee that should have covered cable and modem, I can even give them back all their crap so they can just go away.

Um, guys, don't test your speed to Myanmar. Myanmar internet is very slow and the likelihood you will ever connect to a server located in Myanmar is pretty much zero. I know speed-test always tries to connect to Yangon because it's physically the closest server. But the result is meaningless, set your test server to bangkok.

• 3 weeks later...

I do have a 3bb dsl since 3 days. the download/upload speed is as advertised.

But if I want to connect with the ethernet cable(macbook with thunderbolt adapter), many pages can't load properly. Like facebook will only show the header. If I connect with wifi, it's fine...but slower as my office seems to influence the wifi from the living room.

I'm pretty sure there is some setting that is wrong, either in the router or the computer or in 3bb infrastructure.

none of the technicians at 3bb seems to have the slightest understanding of what's going on.

does anybody have an idea?

I do have a 3bb dsl since 3 days. the download/upload speed is as advertised.

But if I want to connect with the ethernet cable(macbook with thunderbolt adapter), many pages can't load properly. Like facebook will only show the header. If I connect with wifi, it's fine...but slower as my office seems to influence the wifi from the living room.

I'm pretty sure there is some setting that is wrong, either in the router or the computer or in 3bb infrastructure.

none of the technicians at 3bb seems to have the slightest understanding of what's going on.

does anybody have an idea?

Problem would be isolated to the Ethernet, as you say, WiFi is working fine.

Could be an issue with the

Router firmware

Router hardware

Router Ethernet RJ45 jack

Ethernet cable being used between the Router and your Mac

Mac Ethernet RJ45 jack

Mac Ethernet hardware

Mac Ethernet drivers

The only way to diagnose the issue would be to swap out/in each listed component playing a part in the mix.

For instance...

try connecting the Mac to someone else's Router, using the same and then a different Ethernet cable.

Try connecting another Ethernet device to the Ethernet RJ jack on your consumer router

... you get the idea.

This process will probably be the quickest route to isolating the problematic component.

Also, given that this Topic Thread already contains 34 replies and you are discussing a new and separate issue I suggest opening a new topic to reduce reader fatigue if you want additional discussion.

You forget to list to go check if the internet works in Singapore or the US :)

Thats why I post here to find out if somebody has/had or heared about a similar problem.

I don't have things like a second router or different firmware or drivers handy for now.

• 1 month later...

Can someone help with 3BB ONT configuration IP addresses.

I am having it installed next week and want to configure the 3BB ONT in bridge mode to my ZyXel router. I wish to prepare the new network and client IP addresses before installation. My questions are:

1. What is the default IP address of the 3BB ONT?
  2. Can you change the 3BB ONT default IP address?
  3. Can I retain my ZyXel SBG3300 as IP 192.168.1.1, which my network gateway/DHCP server for my LAN and bridge connect to the 3BB ONT?

The ZyXel has a ethernet WAN capability and supports bridge etc.

Your help is much appreciated.

<...>

My questions are:

3. Can I retain my ZyXel SBG3300 as IP 192.168.1.1, which my network gateway/DHCP server for my LAN and bridge connect to the 3BB ONT?

1. In Bridge Mode the 3BB ONT won't have an IP address.

Bridge Mode turns your 3BB ONT into a Media Converter. The IP address from the ISP gets passed directly to your connected router.

Your router then handles all features previously provided by the Fiber Optic Router.

2. Whether a device in Bridge Mode can be accessed over Ethernet IP depends on the firmware.

On some devices, the device needs to be completely reset to factory original settings before it can be accessed over Ethernet.

Normally, access is not required while it is in Bridge Mode as all packet data gets passed through.

3. Yes. Your ZyXel LAN side configuration can be configured as you wish. The WAN side of your router is normally configured as a PPPoE DHCP Client to authenticate and accept WAN IP, Mask, DNS IP and upstream Gateway IP addresses directly from the ISP.

Thanks RichCor. Just checked and I have ETHWAN configurable option. If I choose PPPoE option, on the ETHWAN port, it gives me this: (interesting as I have bridge option as well on ETHWan but doesn't give me any user/pwd inputs etc)

• PPP Information
    • PPP User Name :
    • PPP Password :
    • PPP Auto Connect :
    • IDLE Timeout [minutes]:
    • PPPoE Service Name :
    • PPPoE Passthrough :
  • IP Address
    • Obtain an IP Address Automatically
    • Static IP Address
    • IP Address :
    • Subnet Mask :
    • Gateway IP address :
  • Routing Feature
    • NAT Enable :
    • FullFeature NAT Enable :
    • NatSet :
    • 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
    • IGMP Proxy Enable :
    • Apply as Default Gateway :
  • DNS server
    • DNS :
    • Dynamic Static
    • DNS Server 1 :
    • DNS Server 2 :
WAN MAC Address:
    • Factory Default
    • Clone the computer's MAC address - IP Address
    • Set WAN MAC Address
  • Tunnel
    • Enable 6RD :
    • Enable Disable
    • 6RD Type :
    • DHCP Static
    • 6RD Border Relay Server IP :
    • 6RD IPv6 Prefix :
  • VLAN
    • Active :
    • 802.1p :
    • 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
    • 802.1q :
    • (0~4094)
  • MTU
    • MTU Size :
    • MTU [68-1492]
  • General
    • Active
    • Name :
    • Type :
    • ADSL/VDSL over PTMADSL over ATMEthernet
    • Mode :
    • Routing Bridge
    • Encapsulation:
    • PPPoEIPoE
    • IPv6/IPv4 Mode:
    • IPv4 Only IPv6/IPv4 DualStack IPv6 Only
  • QoS
    • Egress Traffic Rate Limit :
    • (kbps)

Can someone help with 3BB ONT configuration IP addresses.

I am having it installed next week and want to configure the 3BB ONT in bridge mode to my ZyXel router. I wish to prepare the new network and client IP addresses before installation. My questions are:

Why would you like to bridge?

My recommendation is for you to let 3BB's router be left as is.

Connect your router to one of the LAN ports in 3BB's router, the other to your Zyxels WAN port, double firewalls (3BB's routers firewalls security sux anyway).

That way you have two subnets, means more protected, just turn off the WIFI possibility in 3BB's router and you're good to go.

Most often the routers delivered are preinstalled (factory defaults) to 192.168.1.x , just make sure your Zyxel work on a different subnet like 192.168.2.x and up to 192.168.254.x

Most often 3BB's default username and password is:

admin

3BB

Edited by KamalaRider