O-A. Multi visa

I was in pattaya today talking to a lady who deals with visa runs etc .. ( for the queen vic pub )

She said that as I have a multi visa , I don't need a re entry permit , if I left the country for any reason ( ie go back to the uk for says 2-3 weeks or 2-3 months ,just return , in fact I could go in and out as much has I want using nothing but my passport ) .. Also as it says used by 6th feb 2016 , if I was to go out of the country and say return even a day before the the 6th feb , I would get a another year ( feb 2017 ) stamped and no need for the 800k in the bank etc ..

Is she correct ,? she seemed very knowledgeable .

Always make sure that any advise recieved about visas or immigration issues is sought from a bar stool !

In this case the lady appears to be almost correct !

She forgot to mention 90 day reports and the need for a re-entry permit for the second year if there is an intention of travelling

No she had already told me about the 90 days and gave me a copy of the form to complete . And took copies of my passport/ visa etc ( free. ) from the office area .. No bar stool .

Plus she said , and the need for the re entry , for 2017 .

I was just presently surprised that I have nothing to do ( other than the 90 days ) for almost 2 years .

Edited by Howiehotspur

Thats the benefit of an O-A (which requires some effort to get on the other hand).

I had one myself on my initial entry in 2011.

All correct what I read here.

Edited by KhunBENQ
  • Like 1

I just recently did a visa run using the services of that same lady..... For my 2nd 3 month visa to Laos..... I was shocked with the way the company handled over 50 of us ..... Everything was remarkably smooth .......their pricing is slightly higher compared to the others but it sure was worth it .....cheers!

• Like 1

That is correct. You can re-enter until midnight of 6/2/16.

that's good news , plus I don't have to get any re entry permits or anything this first year is that correct ?

You need nothing until after 6/2/16. Just do an entry on or before that date to get a new one year entry. Then after that date get a re-entry permit to keep that last one year permit to stay valid if you want to leave the country.

• Like 1