Ever seen a "Roto-Tiller" in Thailand?

bigguy

Greetings all you farmers and want to be farmers,

Growing up in the US on a farm we always has a roto-tiller for the smaller garden areas. I live up in Isan and I've been looking everywhere for a tiller. As usual the hardware store employees look at me like I've got 2 heads and just walk away.

Has anyone seen a tiller for sale anywhere??

Thanks,

Bigguy

I've seen Yanmar and Kubota, and Honda walk behinds at used tractor dealers. I think they were imported from Japan. I think Kubota dealers can get new ones, both the walk behind and tractor 3 point units.

Seriously, try a used tractor dealer.

Some good ones imported from Taiwan. Bought a rear tiller model, chaing drive, a few years ago from a dealer in Chiang Mai and it works a wonder.

If you are in the CM area PM me and I can direct you to the dealer.

I have a tiller Mantis brand however the carburetor needs to be replaced ( forgot to run it dry when stored for some time now it is clogged up) need to order new parts in the US because not available here.........but an excellent and strong tiller might sell it.

Yes I think a Troy tiller dealer would make out like a bandit here but with import duties the price would be to high. With all the cheap labor here I am surprised the do not open up a factory here. They are a wonderful machine. I think there would be a market here with all the gentleman farmers. The ones hooked up to a tractor pto need a tractor of course which makes them costly.

Hey Big Guy,

I saw one in Udon Thani.

I don't know the name of the shop, but even if I did I wouldn't know how to spell it, but I do know of the location.

It is located in the center of town at the Round-About. It is quiet a big shop which has store front on 2 streets. Their is a Garden Tractor Lawn Mower parked near the front of the shop as well as a bunch of other stuff. You can't miss it! All kinds of goodies inside like generators, weed whippers, air compressor, and garden stuff like that inside. Worth the trip just to take a look inside.

But anyway there was a normal sized Gasoline (or more likely Diesel) Power Roto-Tiller their. Sorry I never looked at the price but I have bought from them before and got good quality at a fare price. The only one I have seen so far so I know where you are coming from. I need one myself but not this year so go for it.

Hey Big Guy,

I saw one in Udon Thani.

I don't know the name of the shop, but even if I did I wouldn't know how to spell it, but I do know of the location.

It is located in the center of town at the Round-About. It is quiet a big shop which has store front on 2 streets. Their is a Garden Tractor Lawn Mower parked near the front of the shop as well as a bunch of other stuff. You can't miss it! All kinds of goodies inside like generators, weed whippers, air compressor, and garden stuff like that inside. Worth the trip just to take a look inside.

But anyway there was a normal sized Gasoline (or more likely Diesel) Power Roto-Tiller their. Sorry I never looked at the price but I have bought from them before and got good quality at a fare price. The only one I have seen so far so I know where you are coming from. I need one myself but not this year so go for it.

Thanks, will head to Udon Tomorrow...

Tillers all over the place in Issan. Check out the large farm stores and also I have seen them in smaller towns at the local Chinese shops. If you have any troubles locating one PM me.

Also you might want to check with your local farmers if you only need a job done on an area that is large enough to warrant a small tractor (1/8th) acre or so. Lot of 34 hp Kubota's around and all have the tiller attachment plus work for cheap.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Some good ones imported from Taiwan. Bought a rear tiller model, chaing drive, a few years ago from a dealer in Chiang Mai and it works a wonder.

Seems that the OP is not reading responses even as to where he is located.

I bought one of those little ones, like you might use on raised beds, with a Honda engine. But I bought it in the US and had a friend bring it over in his luggage. After searching high and low, never saw anything like it here. Imagine my surprise when we were taking it out of the carton to put it together when we spotted the "Made in Thailand." Not helpful to the OP, but thought it interesting.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Seems that the OP is not reading responses even as to where he is located.

Hello All, has anybody checked past threads on this forum on this topic???????

There are several threads, both on self powered and for tractors.

Another helpful resource is is to "read" up in the PINNED section at the top of the

page, "Tips for Farming Forum Newbies", post #25 on how to search a topic

on Google, which will also popup threads from this forum.

Have you looked at a Thai Ag Magazine, they have adds for tillers, chippers and

all the same questions 90% can be answered from your keyboard.

I don't read or speak that much Thai, but if a site is in Thai and you click around

and can't find what your looking for, ask the GF/Wife for help, show them a picture

of what you looking for, same when going to a shop/store, show the picture and

say my-me(yes-no).

Also, when asking a question about where to find something, give you AREA!!!!

I live about 7km from downtown Korat, if I got on a songtao and about two blocks

before it turns into the moated area, there are 2 shops that have small tillers right

at the sidewalk on display and 3point units up to 2M wide closer than a horse shoe

throw away.

rice555

• 2 weeks later...

The Yamaha dealer cum farm supply place in Sak Lek has one out the front. But they have ripped me off a few times and I refuse to shop there. I want one, new preferably, but I don't want a tractor mount unit for our little B2420 as I want to go in between the rings that will have lime trees....just for the first 2/3 years till the trees start fruiting or get bigger.

The walk behind units are great I had one back in Oz.

So, tell me anywhere in Phichit, Petchabun or Phitsanulok....except Yamaha in Sak Lek!

post-63954-0-75329400-1427100471_thumb.j

Next time you guy's walk past a magazine rack, look for this mag, doesn't need

this issue, but the same publisher, and you will find what most off the shelf equipment

is for sale in LOS, it's Bt.40. The old tiller adds in the mag have had their www.

posted several times before, in fact, there is a new add this issue, the last pix.

Went by these tillers today, to and from town.

rice555

Jake, you can find front and rear tine tillers, there are some you use a 10Hp on, makes

a RotoHoe look small. It is better to get some one to disc before you till or get it

wet and till a day latter, it is better than a spade.

r555

post-37242-0-67476900-1427132627_thumb.p

post-37242-0-00806900-1427132654_thumb.p

post-37242-0-89169300-1427132682_thumb.p

post-37242-0-95032800-1427132721_thumb.p

post-37242-0-20478800-1427132755_thumb.p

post-37242-0-16814300-1427132798_thumb.p

post-37242-0-67571600-1427132832_thumb.p

Next time you guy's walk past a magazine rack, look for this mag, doesn't need

this issue, but the same publisher, and you will find what most off the shelf equipment

is for sale in LOS, it's Bt.40. The old tiller adds in the mag have had their www.

posted several times before, in fact, there is a new add this issue, the last pix.

Went by these tillers today, to and from town.

rice555

Jake, you can find front and rear tine tillers, there are some you use a 10Hp on, makes

a RotoHoe look small. It is better to get some one to disc before you till or get it

wet and till a day latter, it is better than a spade.

r555

cheesy.gif I never look at the magazine rack cos the magazines are all in Thai!

But now I will. I want to zero in on those Mitsubishi walk behinds. The missus can call and do the talking! Thanks thumbsup.gif

I was up at Sak Lek today so I took the time to go to the Yamaha/farm supply place I don't normally go......and I took some picks of the Chinese POS Lifan rot-o-vator. The girl priced it at 19k baht.

The blue ones a ring in, not sure if it's to turn over compose heap or what....

post-63954-0-74646700-1427435643_thumb.j

post-63954-0-86450900-1427435684_thumb.j

post-63954-0-12768500-1427435697_thumb.j

post-63954-0-06416400-1427435743_thumb.j

post-63954-0-68354100-1427435806_thumb.j

Archived