Weekend Trip Outside Bkk

rb3

I've lived in BKK for a little more than 6 months and never been outside BKK to sightsee.

Any suggestion on where to go over a weekend (leave Friday night coming back Sunday)

Willing to fork out for flight if necessary.

I want to do/see some cultural/relaxing and see part of Thailand that is not like BKK.

Thanks in advance

rb3

Guest endure

Go to Chiang Mai. If you fly with NokAir it will take an hour each way and a round-trip ticket will cost appprox 2000bt.

- Ayuthaya (by bus)

-Koh Samet (by bus + boat)

-Samut pragan (bus)

-Hua Hin ,Cha um (bus)

(these are good for you .. due to 2 days off)

-Chaingmai (flight)

-Koh Samui (flight)

-Phuket (flight)

-Sukohtai (flight)

BambinA shame on you for forgetting Kanchanburi.

Site of the world famous bridge, the magnificent Erawan waterfall, beautiful natural scenery and and very relaxing ambiance.

Not to mention it is only 2 hours by bus, inexpensive accomodation and food and a generally relaxing and rewarding sorjourn into the country.

Go to Chiang Mai. If you fly with NokAir it will take an hour each way and a round-trip ticket will cost appprox 2000bt.

Chiang Mai is boring, Ping river and doi soitheep are the only places to visit there, unless you want to get ripped off at the night market. Unless you know someone there. go to the south (koh Samui, puhket ore someplace like that). Hua hin would be nice as well. If you're a hardcore thai explorer I would recommend Isan, and then you could wasted at lampshades place as well

I'd kill for a lay-back weekend in Lampang. Cool little town that seems to be overlooked by the majority. PB air fly there, but it's around 5000 return.

Or save a bit and fly nok to Chiang Mai, then take the bus, for probably half that.