American woman wanted for man slaughter arrested in Krabi

Thaivisa News

This women was known as Brie on Koh Phangan. She and her two american friends Mike and Vic fled the island after they administered Ibogaine to Brodie Smith who subsequently died on 21 October 2014. The Thai police knew very well who she was and let them escape the island after paying 200 000 baht. The Australian Goverment is now investigating the case. Everyone knew they were selling illicit substances to survive financially.

• Like 1

Suspect she became a street free-lanced hooker. 6 years is a long time with out proper paperwork. Makes me wonder if a faring never visits bars or gets into trouble, it would be a very very long time before he is discovered during cremation ceremonies? Will he be allowed to be buried in Thailand? A cheap way of going!

Did she steal the guy she murdered's money as well? Not a bad run of 6 years living on thai beaches and eluding justice. She better have some nice pictures of beach side sunsets with cocktails to pin up on her prison cell.

Tell us how she would have stolen the victim's money? The victim was not murdered; she was charged with manslaughter after the incident and obviously released on bail. The victim was hit by her vehicle, so given it was not a hit and run, she would have been arrested at the scene and highly unlikely to have had the opportunity to rifle the body for valuables.

As she was able to travel It appears that she was not considered a flight risk, hence her retention of her passport, which allowed her to flee. She may have been financial and had sufficient funds to remain here. If not, then there are many ways one could make money to sustain one's self and we don't need any crudities in that regard. I think photos would be the last thing on her mind.

Edited by Si Thea01

She left America with her then boyfriend Mike Picone. She was part of the Ibogaine Thailand gang that tricked people into believing they could be cured from drug addiction with a 2500 us dollar ibogaine treatment. It backfired when Brodie Noel Smith died on 21 October 2014 in a dodgy hotel room in the Utopia resort, Koh Phangan. Brodie, s girlfriend escaped with her life after 'Brie' now known as Kelly tried to overdose her on Valium so she would not live to tell the story. Victor Cracknell and Mike Picone was arrested and then released after making 2 payments of 100 000 baht each to police. The 3 then fled the island and closed ther Ibogaine Thailand website. It is general knowledge that they also sold other substances and was raided a few times but bribed the police. It is also general knowledge that they were involved in other cases of overdoses. The Australian goverment is investigTing the case of Brodie and one can only hope the Thai police will find the link between all of this. It was high time these criminals are stopped from causing more harm.

A bit rough looking

Walmart quality.

"Phuket tourist police have arrested an American woman who is wanted in the United States"

apparently still desirable in the US.

Probably not wanted in asia, especially even by American men...

Edited by bangon04

The wheels of justice may turn slowly in the USA but they do grind relentlessly and they look to

have her now.Maybe slow but she will do her time. Well done I say. thumbsup.gif

Maybe she can do a few months in a Thai jail so she can write a comparative analysis of the two.

Edited by Ulic

Glad this woman was finally caught. I can imagine that if she had help from her

husband, and the family and friends, that is how she got to live so long in Thailand.

I am glad that the people in the USA, who are family and friends of the truck driver, can

finally see some justice for this persons crime.

Absolutely stupid move to flee. If the article quoted above is true, she was not accused of pre-meditated murder. She might have gotten vehicular manslaughter and have been out on probation or parole or finished her sentence etc.

No, not pre med murder, vehicular homicide or, as us Aussies call it, manslaughter. The crash occurred whilst she was DUI. There are a couple of links to media reports in posts on here but these are conflicting. One states she was arrested, charged, bailed and then fled.

The second states that she was initially charged then released on a bond. She was due to appear in front of a jury trail but ended up pleading guilty. Was re-arrested, went to court and was sentenced to five years but again released on a bond.

Apparently her passport was not taken so she actually left the States legally and by the time someone woke up she was gone but they later cancelled her passport, hence her being here illegally. If the second media report is correct, then she was actually convicted of vehicular homicide ( manslaughter) and left the country before she was due to report to prison.

Another quality 'tourist' upholding the fine reputation of Thailand as paradise for criminals and convicts. Six years overstay and nobody noticed she was here until the US Embassy requested somebody pay attention???

If her skin-color was a dark-brown, or black, then she'd have been busted 5yrs., 9 mos. ago. Guaranteed in the Lwhistling.gifS.

Edited by NativeSon360

She could be working clandestinely here.There are many out there working with no proper papers. Her husband from where? May I know? Did her husband join her here from the US? Or she got married here? I know I am not minding my business here. Fortunately she is not a Thai.

No worries about that "not minding your (own) business", mate. After all, this forum is "the good ole boy's" malicious gossip, and considered whistling.gifpinion posting platform. Cheers!

Edited by NativeSon360

The charge would probably have gotten her 5 years served in the U.S. Now another story if found guilty. Criminals hiding about is a scary thought but giving up freedoms to keep a tighter track on everyone doesn't sound so inviting either. Pretty soon we will have cameras in our house.

I have know her for many years.

She did like many expats on tourist visas and worked doing what she could do... from selling stuff to housekeeping.

You could tell that she had a heavy past but she fit in quite well on this island!

I have know her for many years.

She did like many expats on tourist visas and worked doing what she could do... from selling stuff to housekeeping.

You could tell that she had a heavy past but she fit in quite well on this island!

How did she get away for so long without a passport or a visa? Also, another poster said she was running some kind of business?

Here's what she's been doing for those missing six years: <removed>

Edited by LivinginKata
Link removed : forum rule 13) You will not post links to other Thailand forums, or forums which could reasonably be construed as competition to Thaivisa.com.

Suspect she became a street free-lanced hooker. 6 years is a long time with out proper paperwork. Makes me wonder if a faring never visits bars or gets into trouble, it would be a very very long time before he is discovered during cremation ceremonies? Will he be allowed to be buried in Thailand? A cheap way of going!

I've followed and participated in this Krabi forum for a long time and this post takes the cake for the most bizarre.

I've followed and participated in this Krabi forum for a long time and this post takes the cake for the most bizarre.

You're so right but then there are plenty of others on here who could fill the void.

She will do 3 years, maximum.

In Thailand, if she was Thai and killed a global bicyclist, she would pay 300 baht, and no time

She fled an accident prosecution

Not intentional murder

Just asking.

I understand that it was not intentional murder but she was DUI at the time and charged with vehicular homicide. (manslaughter) As far as can see she later admitted guilt and was sentenced to 5 years but fled before she was due to report to prison.

Forgive my ignorance about laws in the States but I would have thought that if later recaptured then she would have to serve at least the initial sentence and surely there is a law that she has broken by failing to report to prison. But as I said, I do not know US laws, so if you do, then hopefully you can enlighten me.

Edited by Si Thea01

In Thailand, if she was Thai and killed a global bicyclist, she would pay 300 baht, and no time

Not intentional murder

That's why I asked about her rap sheet. It is never an "accident" if DUI. Certainly not if multiple DUI. I don't think a sober driver with no record would get a custodial sentence.

Not intentional murder

That's why I asked about her rap sheet. It is never an "accident" if DUI. Certainly not if multiple DUI. I don't think a sober driver with no record would get a custodial sentence.

Most police now refer to motor vehicle accidents as crashes, regardless of the cause. Reason, the word, "accident" suggests that no one is at fault. Not the case, as in 99.9% of crashes one party is deemed at fault for some reason or another. No quite correct about sober drivers not getting custodial sentences. Don't know about the States but in Australia, if some one is killed in a motor vehicle crash, unless the deceased is deemed at fault, the surviving driver, depending on the circumstances, will be charged with either dangerous driving occasioning death or negligent driving occasioning death and in many cases they will and do receive custodial terms.