German tourist’s suicide jump at Suvanarbhumi airport

Thaivisa News

You're right - it was Nimitz Jr., not his father of WW II fame. He and his wife were both sucessful in their own right. I don't see their dual suicide as selfish at all. For those who do inconvenience and traumatize others when they take their own lives, I doubt that they are in the state of mind to be able to appreciate the broken hearts that they leave behind.

If you want to see a really tragic suicide, watch "The Imitation Game." The genius mathematician Alan Turing left his wife who loved him for who he was in order to free her and after some nasty treatment by the government of the country he had saved and chemical castration ordered by the court decided that suicide was his way out. A tragic story because he had so many more years to give and would have wanted to live and contribute if he had been treated humanely.

Suiciders are selfish and cowards and those who do it for everyone to witness are X2. No sympathy for losers.

Do you consider special needs people as losers? I mean, they don't contribute much to the GNP, but is that all that counts? You must be a winner, but please don't lord it over the rest of us peons..sad.png

Pretty please?

no dear. I said suiciders are losers not special needs people. The moment one decides to take the easy way out leaving hardship for people around them it then becomes a selfish act and a loser. Hope that explains sweet pie!

Thanks for the clarification, but we will agree to disagree, like 180 degreesbah.gif .. Some suidicers are simply mentally ill. In my books, that doesn't make them a loser. I say ALL people are special needs. It's a continuum, like ADHD. Therefore all jumpers are special needs, to one degree or the other, but not necessarily losers. Please check http://mindcheck.ca/quiet-hero

Read,,

People with mental health issues that commit suicide are not all losers sir charles

• Like 2

Suiciders are selfish and cowards and those who do it for everyone to witness are X2. No sympathy for losers.

Do you consider special needs people as losers? I mean, they don't contribute much to the GNP, but is that all that counts? You must be a winner, but please don't lord it over the rest of us peons..sad.png

Pretty please?

Explain your comment about special needs people.

My daughter is severely mentally disabled.

What do you mean?

I was a special needs teacher for 26 years, and apparently a good one. Just don't ask the ( world-class Bully) principal..

Please feel free to PM me if you have any specific questions regarding special needs issues, not that I am a world-renowned expert. I do have a Degree in Education, and a Degree in Special needs though, both from U.B.C..I specialized in students with severe behavior issues, along with their concomitant learning disorder(s).

It's working in the trenches that does it, not the 2 pieces of darned paper..

Signed,

Labels are for jam jars, not children..

• Like 1

Try and be a do gooder all the time, thumbsup.gif

Yup, currently helping out a friend of a friend that had a stroke after recovering from a heart attack. He's paralyzed on most of his left side. Out in the sticks, 30km from my home. I sit and talk with him for hours on end several times a week, help with a bit of massage, ice for his swollen feet and physiotherapy. I've got him set up with fast internet and now he's got a better quality of life than before.

Almost forgot, my older sisters husband wallowed in self pity and ran an exhaust pipe into his car. My younger sister found his body, contorted in agony from the carbon monoxide poisoning. A long time ago now, but she's had to deal with that grim discovery ever since. Malcolm his name, left a son and 3 daughters behind. Darren, Leanne, Suzanne and Lauren.

You seem a bit hard one minute, and soft the rest, like about half of us I'd guess..thumbsup.gif over 40 that is.

I knew a Malcolm from England. Back in 1982, when Terry Fox was running on one leg across Canada, Malcolm called him a phony, self-promoter. We agreed to disagree.

Oh that Malcolm

Anyone who knew anything knew that Terry Fox was as genuine as they come. Steve Fonyo, who tried to follow in his footsteps, was a different matter altogether. But both of them, whatever their motives, had a positive impact on humanity.

Yes, Steve made it all the way, but was crucified in the Canadian media..

Signed,

I played trivial pursuit a total of once..and wonsad.png

Suicide as a topic is very complex and some have misunderstood me. I'm in favour of ending own life for the terminally ill. My comments were more specific about tourists killing themselves after arriving in thailand realizing that life isn't worth living due to , say, 1. Don't wanna return to the real world 2. They are not as special as they thought there were in the eyes of their bar girl gf and other similar reasons. When the tough gets going they quit.

• Like 1

3-4 a year on same spot, sound suppernaturel, something about that place , like the bridge in scotland or england where the dogs always jump off.

need to be investigated, not by the thai police offcourse

You actually managed to beat the "must have been the girlfriend" crowd, the supernatural angle is a new one to explain why someone who didn't work things out in LOS took this terrible way out.

RIP.

"...someone who didn't work things out in LOS took this terrible way out."

More likely someone who couldn't face returning to Farang Land. Sad to consider how a visit to Thailand can make some people realize how depressing life back in Farang Utopia really is. Hopefully most people would just start planning their next visit to Thailand rather than this sort of "escape."

As to that place being supernatural, it may just be the easiest place to jump after the decision was made.

Life is depressing in Farang Utopia? Thats million of people try to go to Europe and America every year. What so depressing about those places?

RIP to the poor gentleman, and my prayers are with his family and friends at this tragic time.

Suicide is generally not a personality condition, although it can be in rare medical cases, most commonly suicide is the nexus-point of a myriad of negative experiences, which overload a person's willpower and sense of equilibrium.

In the words of Michael Stipe in an interview a long time ago ; "It is really, really hard to be a human. We need to give ourselves a break."

We don't know how many negative experiences have piled up ontop of any given person, but what we do know is that human beings have a very advanced spectrum of senses, including all the normal animal senses, coupled with full 3D colour replay of all memories, good or bad, which can return at any time and play out in full cinematic stereo effect. How we deal with the negative experiences and memories, does depend slightly on the person, but I would suggest that if any person is exposed to an overwhelming amount of negative experiences and memories, it can overload the other senses entirely, including that most precious sense, common sense.

We can not understand, much less judge, anyone other than ourselves, because we have never walked in their shoes, it is just a tragedy when people become overburdened with sorrows, and can not bear the weight any longer.

• Like 1

Check out the suicide rate in Japan. I think that it averages more than 30 per day. The ones who dive in front of trains can cause the line to stop for around two hours. Suicide is generally not considered shameful there, in fact it often considered an honorable way out.

I lived in Japan for awhile and seem to recall they also send your family a bill of around $100,000 for the cost of the disruption. So you have to think twice about the consequences to your family. They also were putting up mirrors on each end of the platform where people were jumping. They figured that having to take one last look at yourself before you jumped would have a psychological impact. Not sure if the mirror thing actually worked but it was an interesting idea.

I don't get the impression that most or any people for that matter in Japan think jumping in front of a train is somehow honorable. Don't get modern Japan confused with kamikaze pilots and ancient samurai committing seppuku for honor. You could argue that some factions of Islam are the last to elevate suicide to the level of a heroes death in such a manner. But this is another topic altogether.

On another note for the time I have spent in Thailand and Laos I am not actually sure of what the people there think of suicide. I have never discussed the issue and would be interested to hear opinions on the matter. Maybe in another thread as this is about the guy who unfortunately felt that was his best choice.

Edited to add: That even in Islam today the main objective is not so much as ending one's own life but of the glory on the battlefield. Same as the kamikaze pilots.

Edited by anotheruser

• 2 weeks later...

Many knuckle under to harassment in these situations but JR Tokai or Tokyo-To can bill you all they want. There is no legal responsibility to pay adult relatives debts in Japan. Many commercial debts ARE secured by relatives however who sign on as guarantors and that case one would be on the hook.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by arunsakda