Monk postpones meeting with DSI over dubious donation

webfact

Monk postpones meeting with DSI over dubious donation
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Phra Montree Sudapaso has sought to reschedule his meeting with the Department of Special Investigation (DSI) to March 20, the case investigation team chief Pol Lt-Colonel Pakorn said yesterday.

The monk allegedly received a cheque of Bt119 million from Supachai Srisupa-aksorn, a key suspect in the Klongchan Credit Union embezzlement case, and is among three monks who have been summoned by the DSI to explain similar donations.

The other two monks have also postponed their meetings with the DSI. Dhammakaya Temple's abbot Phra Dhammachayo put his meeting off to March 26 and Phra Khru Paladwijahn to March 19.

Available evidence suggests that Phra Dhammchayo received more than Bt300 million and Phra Khru Paladwijahn over Bt100 million from the Klongchan Credit Union Cooperative's bank accounts. This money allegedly came via Supachai, who is accused of embezzling more than Bt10 billion during his time as president.

In related news, Witthawan Sunthornkhajit, deputy secretary-general of the Office of the Narcotics Control Board (ONCB), said the board's savings cooperation, which had deposited Bt28 million with the credit union, was not badly affected by this embezzlement case. He said the ONCB saving cooperation had capital worth Bt500 million plus Bt30 million in cash reserves.

Also, he added, the board's lawyer was closely following the situation in case the court issues a bankruptcy order on March 20, when the procedure of retrieving assets from the credit union will begin.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Monk-postpones-meeting-with-DSI-over-dubious-donat-30255929.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-03-13

Another Monk who needs more time to get his story straight

If he had nothing to hide he would go immediately

Delaying just make them look guilty of something

People do not just give out 119 million checks for nothing

If they do can you please tell me where the Q starts

• Like 1

Sory the western union l;ines are at present busy sending money out of thailand Monk at border in pickup what you have under sheet nothing just plater buddha for temple in Cambodia a gift to them. Border guard ok How come tires look low on truck? Oh that must be from water used to mix plaster a farang said it heavy water. Wait is that gold no no not gold just paint. monk to border guard Look you just wai me three times I will say pray for you give you good merit. Here take this amulet have special wood in it.. As monk crosses border in truck broder guard yells what type wood monk yells back Peckerwoodcheesy.gif

• Like 1

"The other two monks have also postponed their meetings with the DSI. Dhammakaya Temple's abbot Phra Dhammachayo put his meeting off to March 26 and Phra Khru Paladwijahn to March 19."

They postponed the meetings?

Arrest their asses and make them turn up when they are told to turn up.

I'm obviously in the wrong business ... being "high up" in a religion is the easiest way to make tons of cash it seems ... plus you get to ignore people and make them wait.

there was a time that Thailand got difficulties to get monks into their temples (30 y. ago) But since they take what they get (Burmese villains) with tattoos everywhere things changed. It's all about money. How to get rich without working, free driver, free food, girls aso....that's how religion works nowadays.

I wonder when/if Thais will wake up

• Like 2

I'm obviously in the wrong business ... being "high up" in a religion is the easiest way to make tons of cash it seems ... plus you get to ignore people and make them wait.

there was a time that Thailand got difficulties to get monks into their temples (30 y. ago) But since they take what they get (Burmese villains) with tattoos everywhere things changed. It's all about money. How to get rich without working, free driver, free food, girls aso....that's how religion works nowadays.

I wonder when/if Thais will wake up