Need help to buy meat curing salt in Thailand

Plonko

I read before in this Forum that the place to buy it was in Pattaya, a place called Royal Coffee or something like that. Their website has disappeared and there is no reference to them on the internet anymore. Maybe they have closed? Can anybody give me any clues as to where I might get it. Thanks in advance.

Moved to PATTAYA Forum.

Why was this moved to the Pattaya forum. I live in Bangkok not Pattaya and was simply saying that it used to be available in Pattaya. I am seeking help from anyone anywhere in Thailand who has knowledge of where it might be in available Thailand. My question should not be addressed to those who only read the Pattaya forum. Presumptuous moderating.

I would start with google......what you are looking for is Prague salt number one cure. Its hard to find here but I remember hearing it was for sale out of Phuckett......Good luck.

From <URL Automatically Removed> two years ago

"these people sell Prague powder, which might be what you want along with a whole pile of other cooking and baking ingredients... including gluten free mixes
B.B.I. Co., Ltd. 6/1 Soi Napasab3, Sukhumvit 36 Road, Bangkok 10110
email: [email protected]."

From <URL Automatically Removed> two years ago

"these people sell Prague powder, which might be what you want along with a whole pile of other cooking and baking ingredients... including gluten free mixes

B.B.I. Co., Ltd. 6/1 Soi Napasab3, Sukhumvit 36 Road, Bangkok 10110

email: [email protected]."

Thanks very much for your help. I will give it a try.

I would start with google......what you are looking for is Prague salt number one cure. Its hard to find here but I remember hearing it was for sale out of Phuckett......Good luck.

Where is Phuckett?

It's the next suburb around from Fhuckett.

Royal excuisite group in Pattaya, hard to find but still existed 6 months ago when I last bought my curing salt.

On soi Boonsamphan in east Pattaya in an unmarked gated building.

I spent ages looking in their old location since they didnt update the website, sounds like they might not have renewed it.

Royal excuisite group in Pattaya, hard to find but still existed 6 months ago when I last bought my curing salt.

I spent ages looking in their old location since they didnt update the website, sounds like they might not have renewed it.

Thanks innerspace. I will come down and check it out. Gives me an excuse to get out of home and BKK for a while and relax the Pattaya way.

They are still there, next to the Starlight bar. there is a sign on the gate.

Their location on their website has been updated.

http://www.royalgroupthailand.com/

They are still there, next to the Starlight bar. there is a sign on the gate.

Their location on their website has been updated.

http://www.royalgroupthailand.com/

Thanks for that Don. I now have the website online.

Blimey in Portugal we dint know nuffink about curing salt. We used salt.

The Royal Navy used salt for hundreds of years to preserve pork and beef in wooden barrels. A lot of sailors died of eating it, probably because it was old and rotten before being salted.

Thanks innerspace. I will come down and check it out. Gives me an excuse to get out of home and BKK for a while and relax the Pattaya way.

Just to add its 105 baht a kilo.............bought some from there about 4 weeks ago................might be wrong but i/m sure they are only open mon-fri

Blimey in Portugal we dint know nuffink about curing salt. We used salt.

The Royal Navy used salt for hundreds of years to preserve pork and beef in wooden barrels. A lot of sailors died of eating it, probably because it was old and rotten before being salted.

Since less and less people salt their pork to preserve it, so has the occurrence of certain types of cancer been reduced. I suppose it was better than starving to death but everyone has a fridge these days.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
15 minutes ago, johng said:

What is the difference  between this "pink curing" salt and  "normal everyday" salt  ?

the curing salt is "sodium nitrite" (NaNO2), regular salt is "sodium chloride" (NaCl).

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 1:42 PM, johng said:

What is the difference  between this "pink curing" salt and  "normal everyday" salt  ?

Pink Curing Salt is 93.75% regular salt and 6.25% of Sodium Nitrite and is used to "cure" meats such as pastrami and bacon.

The red coloring is there because, as mentioned, Sodium Nitrite is toxic.  And the red dye is added so you don't mistake it for regular salt and then puke your guts out if you ate it as salt.