12call not working in hong kong

rhinoboy

If you haven't got a data roaming package, turn off mobile data now, when you get it working your balance will vanish in a flash with data charges.

Did you enable international roaming before leaving Thailand?

Be glad it's not working, rates here http://www.ais.co.th/roaming/en/3g-prepaid/package-rate/1/Asia/107/Hong%20Kong

Get a local SIM if you can.

No, I only want to check my balance to assure I can recieve a text message but its simply not registering on teh network, treid taking sim out etc restart. wont connect to any network, not even the CSL which is the preferred AIS roaming network

Apparently roaming should be automatically enabled now.

Try scanning for service providers and select manually, it appears that only CSL and Hutch will allow international calls / texts.

what is the cost for received SMS when out of Thailand ?

and to send one ?

Free to receive, 12 baht to send. Its data that kills, 564 baht per MB unless you buy a package (although I think AIS now auto-disconnects you at 2000 baht). I once got an 8000 baht charge at HKG airport in 30 minutes.

what is the cost for received SMS when out of Thailand ?

and to send one ?

Free to receive, 12 baht to send. Its data that kills, 564 baht per MB unless you buy a package (although I think AIS now auto-disconnects you at 2000 baht). I once got an 8000 baht charge at HKG airport in 30 minutes.

this is how Thaksin Shinawatra made a fortune.....

We used LINE app....no problem free call ( very clear ) and free SMS......all free on LINE....clap2.gif

It's not free if you are using mobile data without a roaming package sad.png

Free if you are using Wifi.

My, oh,My,........what in the world would we do without Mobil phones.......how on earth did people survive 30 years ago?......Get a life, get a camera

that just takes pictures, see the attractions, take pictures. Then when you return, you can in person show where you have been. That was the old way of doing things. Try it, you might like it. And the freedom away fro it all!

My, oh,My,........what in the world would we do without Mobil phones.......how on earth did people survive 30 years ago?......Get a life, get a camera

that just takes pictures, see the attractions, take pictures. Then when you return, you can in person show where you have been. That was the old way of doing things. Try it, you might like it. And the freedom away fro it all!

You may have a point there but I am not certain a camera is going to be much use to the OP and his Bangkok Bank credit card.