CBR650F Seat Recovering?

WingNut

Has anyone found any shops that do some nice, custom seat coverings for the CBR650F or sport bikes in general? I am thinking it might be nice to have a bit of extra foam added to the original seat as well as a nicer seat covering material used to replace the original one. The seats on the CBR650F are actually kind of low looking quality if you ask me.

I saw one custom CBR650F at Big Wing which had a nicer seat covering on it. I should have snapped a picture of it, but didn't think of it at the time. Not sure where that was done, but I could imagine there must be a shop somewhere in Bangkok that specializes in reupholstering seat covers for bikes in general.

There's a place not too far going south from the Pak Kret crossroads.

From Chaeng Wattana head down toward Khae Rai on Tiwanon Road and keep your eyes peeled on the left. After not too far you'll see sample car seats and so on at the side of the road. He does bike seats too and made a very good job of mine for a few hundred baht.

Sorry, can't be more specific as to location.

• Like 1

On Thonburi side there's one fabrication shop on thanon Bangkhae. Been driving past it several times and lot custom bike seats hanging on the walls. Pretty sure they can modify pretty much anything you want. If you are interested i can check exact address for you.

Edited by Crowleys

Wow. Cool. Looks like a great result on your bike and well worth the bit of money you paid. I think the first step is needing to figure out what I want in terms of a redesign. Then I can go from there. You got me thinking now.

Thanks Crowleys for the offer too, but I think a shop in town will be easier for me if I need to go back and forth there a couple of times for drop off and pick up. Thonburi is a bit out of the way for me I'm afraid.

Edited by WingNut