Child offender to be executed in Pakistan

webfact

Shafqat Hussain: Child offender to be executed in Pakistan

HE was sentenced to death at just 14 years of age.

SYDNEY: -- Shafqat Hussain was found guilty of killing another boy who was just half his age.

His family say he was tortured into confessing the crime, while human rights groups have called for his execution to be called off given his young age when the crime took place.

If his execution does go ahead as planned, he will be one of 8000 estimated inmates who are set to be executed on death row in the South-East Asian country.

Pakistan has lifted its moratorium on the death penalty in all capital cases after restarting executions for terrorism offences in the wake of a Taliban school massacre.

The interior ministry last week directed provincial governments to proceed with hangings for prisoners who have exhausted all avenues of appeal and clemency, a move which has been widely condemned by human rights groups.

Full story: http://www.news.com.au/world/asia/shafqat-hussain-child-offender-to-be-executed-in-pakistan/story-fnh81fz8-1227265120778

news.com.au.jpg
-- News.com.au 2015-03-16

Too bad we don't have another planet we could Colonize, I've just had it, with these countries releasing terrorist after we leave their country or prison breaks, and letting them off Scot free to Terrorise again, plus tired of US policy of policing the world, I'm over it...

Was it done in the act of doing his job as Security? Pakistan is no better than any other 3rd world country. Killing is one thing, but disposing the body in a riven is another. The 14 year old has some metal disorders I'm sure. The boy should pay restitutions to the families dead son, Blood money.

I'm surprised the anti-death penalty mob haven't jumped all over this one yet.

"His family say he was tortured into confessing the crime" it would not be the first time...

​This is a country they kill Christians because some Muslim say they burn the Koran, but found out later he was lying because he had a grudge.

• Like 2