UK Passport for my daughter whilst travelling to the UK

Hi, my daughter was born here in Thailand, has a thai birth certificate. I am the registered father but I was never married to the mother and she is out of the equation. My daughter has a Thai passport.

I want to take her back to the UK.

When I get back to the UK, can I get her a UK passport easily? The mother will not be travelling to the UK with us. Do I need any docs re daughter's mother??

Thanks

She will be able to board a flight if she has a valid UK visa in her Thai passport; the problem will be getting her the visa!

See UK Visa for child entitled to UK Citizenship

You should apply for her British passport in Bangkok; see Overseas British passport applications (Thailand)

However, when was your daughter born? If before 1/6/2006 then as you were never married to her mother the child is not currently British as before that date unmarried British fathers could not pass their British citizenship on to their children, only unmarried British mothers could. (There are moves to change this, but I'm not sure if they are in force yet)

Are you British by descent or British otherwise than by descent (see the first part of British citizenship basics for the difference)?

If British by descent then as she was not born in the UK or a qualifying territory, she is not British.

If she is not currently British, it may be possible to register her as such.

If you are British otherwise than by descent then you will need to provide with her passport application your long form birth certificate to show this. If you do not have it, you can obtain one from the General Register Office. (Note that link is for England and Wales. If born in Northern Ireland or Scotland follow the appropriate link from that page.)