Falling egg prices prompts immediate action by the Egg Board

webfact

So whats the dilemma, Impose a martial law on ownership of a Chicken. Nation wide ban on raising chickens at home. All chickens will be turned over to the Police. Soon the price of eggs will skyrocket. All the police stations, now called "The Chicken Shack"will be processing chicken nuggets, to be sold wholesale. Proceeds to go to

Government Tax Revenue funds.

So whats the dilemma, Impose a martial law on ownership of a Chicken. Nation wide ban on raising chickens at home. All chickens will be turned over to the Police. Soon the price of eggs will skyrocket. All the police stations, now called "The Chicken Shack"will be processing chicken nuggets, to be sold wholesale. Proceeds to go to

Government Tax Revenue funds.

That would surely risk the BiBs being accused of 'fowl play' ? laugh.png

One thing that drives me nuts, not just in thailand, but in all tropical countries, ..... they do not refrigerate the eggs. They sit in the hot sun and go bad far faster.

I eat carefully but love my eggs. I am seldom sick, but every time I am, it is becasue of a bad egg!

Docno post # 33.

Egg Board? A government body trying to moderate price by managing supply? Hope all those people who want Yingluck crucified for the rice pledging scheme don't get wind of this one...

Not a new idea by any stretch of the imagination .'The Egg Marketing Board ran for many years in the U.K.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egg_Marketing_Board

http://www.adslogans.co.uk/site/media/.gallery/image8386.jpg[/

Along with the milk marketing board

One thing that drives me nuts, not just in thailand, but in all tropical countries, ..... they do not refrigerate the eggs. They sit in the hot sun and go bad far faster.

I eat carefully but love my eggs. I am seldom sick, but every time I am, it is becasue of a bad egg!

I have never seen a hen lay an egg then place it in a fridge.

Edited by swampdonkey

5 years ago you could buy 10 eggs for about 33 baht in Bangkok. Now you're lucky if you find them for less than 50.

What a rip off, you poor dear, now paying an increase of 17 baht, a rise that took place of 5 years, a yearly increase of 3.4 baht, or just over $0.10. Having trouble paying that are we or just having a whinge or both.

A 50% increase in 5 years is a lot. Either you have no understanding about math and inflation or you just like to whinge about my post. Or both.

Take a cup of tea, go for a walk and try to be a bit nicer.

5 years ago you could buy 10 eggs for about 33 baht in Bangkok. Now you're lucky if you find them for less than 50.

What a rip off, you poor dear, now paying an increase of 17 baht, a rise that took place of 5 years, a yearly increase of 3.4 baht, or just over $0.10. Having trouble paying that are we or just having a whinge or both.

A 50% increase in 5 years is a lot. Either you have no understanding about math and inflation or you just like to whinge about my post. Or both.

So what is I don't understand about maths or inflation? Clearly explained the increase or do you have trouble seeing that? Just tired or people complaining about measly increases. So in you books, 17 baht over 5 years or to make you happy, a 50% increase, is a lot. I would say that In the scale of things the increase is miniscule. Hate to see what you'd say it that was an increase overnight. Come on, get fair dinkum. We pay over 80 baht for 10, you get yours for 50 baht. By the way, thanks for your suggestion but I've I already had my coffee, don't drink tea, and had the walk but if you can't take the heat then get out of the kitchen.coffee1.gif

Edited by Si Thea01

Don't know where you shop but the supermarkets sell 30 eggs for 100 baht or less,so with inflation allowed for eggs are way cheaper than 5 years ago.

What a cracking story, full of eggcitement. But the yokes on you my friend. I am just glad they didn't chicken out and give us a cocked up report.

I'm a little thin-shelled and you're trying to egg me on with your poultry puns.

So what is I don't understand about maths or inflation? Clearly explained the increase or do you have trouble seeing that? Just tired or people complaining about measly increases. So in you books, 17 baht over 5 years or to make you happy, a 50% increase, is a lot. I would say that In the scale of things the increase is miniscule. Hate to see what you'd say it that was an increase overnight. Come on, get fair dinkum. We pay over 80 baht for 10, you get yours for 50 baht. By the way, thanks for your suggestion but I've I already had my coffee, don't drink tea, and had the walk but if you can't take the heat then get out of the kitchen.coffee1.gif

50% increase is not minuscule for the majority of earthlings. It's not just the eggs, it's almost everything. Of course I complain about that. The fact that you find a 50% increase irrelevant makes me wonder whether you're from Zimbabwe.

SoilSpoil

Yes, a 50% increase over 5 years is miniscule, however it was never suggested that it was irrelevant. For any increase there has to be a relevant reason, and in most cases it is to provide a reasonable return to the Thais. Do you deny them an increase considering their wages are still well below western standards?

You sound like one of those farangs who come here with stars in their eyes and short pockets, then when it goes belly up, complain about anything and everything including a lousy increase that equates to $0.50 over 5 years. Sure things go up, sometimes they come down but I'd like you to show me a country where prices don't increase, and to a much higher degree.

I couldn't give a toss if eggs went up by 100%, which they won't or if other things increased as well, as I planned to come here and because I did I'm able to live quite comfortably and never have to worry about increases. If you have to worry about increases then clearly you don't have a life, you have an existence.

Instead of wondering where I come from, just ask. And what if I did come from Zimbabwe, which I don't, what is your point. All I can say is given you disdain about miniscule increases, you sound like you are one of the many bitter farangs who have nothing better to do then whinge, no matter what.

Have a happy day.

SoilSpoil

Yes, a 50% increase over 5 years is miniscule, however it was never suggested that it was irrelevant. For any increase there has to be a relevant reason, and in most cases it is to provide a reasonable return to the Thais. Do you deny them an increase considering their wages are still well below western standards?

You sound like one of those farangs who come here with stars in their eyes and short pockets, then when it goes belly up, complain about anything and everything including a lousy increase that equates to $0.50 over 5 years. Sure things go up, sometimes they come down but I'd like you to show me a country where prices don't increase, and to a much higher degree.

I couldn't give a toss if eggs went up by 100%, which they won't or if other things increased as well, as I planned to come here and because I did I'm able to live quite comfortably and never have to worry about increases. If you have to worry about increases then clearly you don't have a life, you have an existence.

Instead of wondering where I come from, just ask. And what if I did come from Zimbabwe, which I don't, what is your point. All I can say is given you disdain about miniscule increases, you sound like you are one of the many bitter farangs who have nothing better to do then whinge, no matter what.

Have a happy day.

What you fail to understand that not just I, one of those farangs with stars in his eyes, has to pay 50% more but also the Thais that are already struggling financially. Go tell them that a 50% increase is nothing and if you complain about it you are a bitter whinging loser. Very arrogant point of view.

You have a happy day,

SoilSpoil

Have a happy day.

What you fail to understand that not just I, one of those farangs with stars in his eyes, has to pay 50% more but also the Thais that are already struggling financially. Go tell them that a 50% increase is nothing and if you complain about it you are a bitter whinging loser. Very arrogant point of view.

You have a happy day,

Obviously you only buy your eggs from the large stores, which by the way also sell 30 egg packs for 100 baht, or 30 baht for 10. Also many buy eggs from the local market at a cost cheaper than what you buy them for. So no, I don't fail to understand anything. What you fail to understand that is only farangs who whine and whinge about such things, never hear a Thai. And I must say that I am sorry sir, for you to insult me, I must first value your opinion. Nice try though.

SoilSpoil

Have a happy day.

You have a happy day,

Obviously you only buy your eggs from the large stores, which by the way also sell 30 egg packs for 100 baht, or 30 baht for 10. Also many buy eggs from the local market at a cost cheaper than what you buy them for. So no, I don't fail to understand anything. What you fail to understand that is only farangs who whine and whinge about such things, never hear a Thai. And I must say that I am sorry sir, for you to insult me, I must first value your opinion. Nice try though.

You have never heard a Thai complain about food prices and inflation? Well you must live in a different Thailand than I do. Maybe you're confused with Taiwan. About the insulting tone, please read your own posts.

SoilSpoil

Have a happy day.

You have a happy day,

You have never heard a Thai complain about food prices and inflation? Well you must live in a different Thailand than I do. Maybe you're confused with Taiwan. About the insulting tone, please read your own posts.

No and no. So now, it is not that I may live in Zimbabwe, I am maybe confusing Taiwan with Thailand. What is it with you? Are you trying to be globalist, what country will be next? You can never answer a question directly nor articulate your argument, you just keep writing inert posts. If you think I have insulted you, then obviously you don't know what the word means. One can only be insulted if one is so thinned skinned he cannot accept a little banter.

If I was to be insulting then I'm sure the mods would have removed the posts. Why do I need to read them, that's for you to do, they're directed to you. The next thing I know is you'll be crying over spilt milk or want to take your bat and ball and go home. Fair dinkum, If what I have written is so insulting and it is all you can complain about, other than the price increases, then you must be starting to get your life back. Be a man and take a little ribbing, or aren't you able to accept that? Oops, sorry I have been insulting again, at least by your standards.

Fact remains that a 50% price increase hurts a lot of people. And you call those people whingers, not me. Instead of admitting that you are wrong you keep beating around the bush and turn your rant in a farang thing. The Thais you know never complain about inflation. So yes, either you come from Zimbabwe with its hyperinflation or you dont know a lit of normal Thai people. The most villagers I live with complain night and day.

Fact remains that a 50% price increase hurts a lot of people. And you call those people whingers, not me. Instead of admitting that you are wrong you keep beating around the bush and turn your rant in a farang thing. The Thais you know never complain about inflation. So yes, either you come from Zimbabwe with its hyperinflation or you dont know a lit of normal Thai people. The most villagers I live with complain night and day.

No, I was not calling anyone else a whinger, just you and no, I have never heard a Thai complaining. Apparently it must be confined to your village, which explains your gripe. Now, you can also stop posting lies. No where, and I say now where, did I say others (Thais) were whinging. Prove me wrong and show me the quote, you know darn well you can't. And yes, I refer to farangs, aren't you one?

You're the one who introduced the sympathy card and then suggested I was calling Thai people whingers. Wrong. It was you who introduced that deviation, or don't you remember what you wrote? Probably not, because to be a good lair one has to have a good memeory, which clearly, you do not. So please, do not add differing subjects or misleading statements in your attempt to win the argument. Oh gee, I must ask you to forgive me for not admitting I am wrong just because you say so.

And no, none of the Thais that I associate with complain about increasing costs or inflation, they are smart enough to understand that costs must increase and like me, have no trouble in meeting those increases. I would say that I move in a much different circle then you, in fact, I know I do You do go on about this 50% increase don't you. Why not break it down to a 10% yearly increase and express it as such, then saying that over 5 years it equates to 50%. Instead of going on about the percentage, why don't you show it like I did, 3.4 baht a year, times 5 years equates to B17.00 or just over $0.50. No, that wouldn't suit your agenda would it? If you cannot afford that then what can one say. Poor old you.

You seem to think you're very familiar with the English language, I don't think so. You wouldn't know the meaning of the word "Rant" as you are clearly using it out of context. To suggest I am yelling or posting in an angry or impassioned way highlights how non-intellectual and inarticulate your are. Do you have a fixation with Zimbabwe, you seem to mention it a lot or occasionally, Taiwan. Are these the only two countries you, the intellectual wizard knows. And you're asking if I know normal Thai people. Please define what you mean by normal. Can't wait for your intellectual definition, that is if you can answer it..

You really have no argument and are a very inarticulate person and only able to rehash the rot you have been posting prior plus adding a lie here and there to proffer your argument. Doesn't work sir and I am being nice when I refer to you as that.

No, I was not calling anyone else a whinger, just you and no, I have never heard a Thai complaining. Apparently it must be confined to your village, which explains your gripe. Now, you can also stop posting lies. No where, and I say now where, did I say others (Thais) were whinging. Prove me wrong and show me the quote, you know darn well you can't. And yes, I refer to farangs, aren't you one?

You're the one who introduced the sympathy card and then suggested I was calling Thai people whingers. Wrong. It was you who introduced that deviation, or don't you remember what you wrote? Probably not, because to be a good lair one has to have a good memeory, which clearly, you do not. So please, do not add differing subjects or misleading statements in your attempt to win the argument. Oh gee, I must ask you to forgive me for not admitting I am wrong just because you say so.

And no, none of the Thais that I associate with complain about increasing costs or inflation, they are smart enough to understand that costs must increase and like me, have no trouble in meeting those increases. I would say that I move in a much different circle then you, in fact, I know I do You do go on about this 50% increase don't you. Why not break it down to a 10% yearly increase and express it as such, then saying that over 5 years it equates to 50%. Instead of going on about the percentage, why don't you show it like I did, 3.4 baht a year, times 5 years equates to B17.00 or just over $0.50. No, that wouldn't suit your agenda would it? If you cannot afford that then what can one say. Poor old you.

You seem to think you're very familiar with the English language, I don't think so. You wouldn't know the meaning of the word "Rant" as you are clearly using it out of context. To suggest I am yelling or posting in an angry or impassioned way highlights how non-intellectual and inarticulate your are. Do you have a fixation with Zimbabwe, you seem to mention it a lot or occasionally, Taiwan. Are these the only two countries you, the intellectual wizard knows. And you're asking if I know normal Thai people. Please define what you mean by normal. Can't wait for your intellectual definition, that is if you can answer it..

You really have no argument and are a very inarticulate person and only able to rehash the rot you have been posting prior plus adding a lie here and there to proffer your argument. Doesn't work sir and I am being nice when I refer to you as that.

You must be suffering from the Tourette syndrome cause your words above are very insulting and do come across as a rant. Anyone who finds a yearly 10% price increase normal and calls those who complain about this whingers, is both economically and socially impaired. You remind me a bit of Ebeneezer Scrooge, a very unfriendly unpleasant person who shows no consideration or compassion for the feelings of the working class. The fact that you think I have no argument because the Thai people you know do not complain about inflation, is wrong. You live in a bubble. They do suffer. Maybe you should open yourself and embrace the real Thailand, rather than calling others non-intellectual, inarticulate or a liar. Please take some chill pills, think about your cholesterol (eat less eggs) and try to enjoy your day.

You must be suffering from the Tourette syndrome cause your words above are very insulting and do come across as a rant. Anyone who finds a yearly 10% price increase normal and calls those who complain about this whingers, is both economically and socially impaired. You remind me a bit of Ebeneezer Scrooge, a very unfriendly unpleasant person who shows no consideration or compassion for the feelings of the working class. The fact that you think I have no argument because the Thai people you know do not complain about inflation, is wrong. You live in a bubble. They do suffer. Maybe you should open yourself and embrace the real Thailand, rather than calling others non-intellectual, inarticulate or a liar. Please take some chill pills, think about your cholesterol (eat less eggs) and try to enjoy your day.

Getting to you is it. The first, No such disability and if you feel insulted you must be really thinned skinned. A rant, your opinion and no apology. You still will not or cannot answer what is put to you and again you're at it. Did I say something about finding any percentage increase being normal, no, it's you referring to something that at no time did I allude to. And yes, if you have to complain about a $0.50 cent increase, then you are whinging. Ah, the working class, now I know why you are expressing so much dissatisfaction with the increases. What are we, an expat on a pension or scraping out a meagre living and finding it difficult to make ends meet. These are the normal reasons for one to complain as hard as you are about such an inane subject.

Ebenezer Scrooge. You wouldn't have a clue. One should never assume because you could end up with egg on your face. (No pun intended) I came from a working class family, got off my backside and made something of myself and do not, in any way, rely on my country's government. I am self funded and because I worked hard, I have more than enough to live on comfortably and do not have not worry about something rising by $0.50 or higher. Do you feel happy with you life, I couldn't see why. It must be terrible to be negative, but it does explain your attitude.

Showing compassion and consideration for the working class. Now into playing the class divide are we? Haven't changed have we, this started off between you and I, about an increase in egg prices but overtime you have introduced Thais, other countries, disabilities, Scrooge, feelings, what else do you have up your sleeve? Not much I would say because here you are still complaining about a miserable $0.50 increase.

As for being Scrooge. You wouldn't have a clue but just for your benefit my wife and I employ a number of the poorer people in our area and pay them well above the daily rate. I feel for them as I know how hard it is for them, and I never hear them complain, but then there are others who I would not feed as they wouldn't get off their backside if their lives depended on it. Those are the ones who I have no time for as they are just plan lazy and if that is the way they want to live. so be it.

What is the real Thailand. Please enlighten or is it just like half of the other rot you post, just do so and have no answer when it is put back to you. People are called many things, it's like if the cap fits. Very sensitive aren't we? Chill pills, see what I say, no argument. And eat less eggs? That would have to apply to yourself, as I'm not the one complaining about the horrendous $0.50 increase. And please, don't worry about my health, my cholesterol is fine thanks.

Yes, I live in a bubble, it has 4 bedrooms, lounge room, two bathrooms, three toilets, inside and outside kitchen, a pool, two car garage and is located on 5 rai, adjacent to a beautiful river. And my wife and I own it so the bubble will never burst. So, in the scheme of things, I really don't give a toss about what you have to say and if all you have to complain about is a $0.50 increase in eggs, then you really don't have a life, Do you? So get one, work harder and you might be able to afford the increase.

Getting to you is it. The first, No such disability and if you feel insulted you must be really thinned skinned. A rant, your opinion and no apology. You still will not or cannot answer what is put to you and again you're at it. Did I say something about finding any percentage increase being normal, no, it's you referring to something that at no time did I allude to. And yes, if you have to complain about a $0.50 cent increase, then you are whinging. Ah, the working class, now I know why you are expressing so much dissatisfaction with the increases. What are we, an expat on a pension or scraping out a meagre living and finding it difficult to make ends meet. These are the normal reasons for one to complain as hard as you are about such an inane subject.

Ebenezer Scrooge. You wouldn't have a clue. One should never assume because you could end up with egg on your face. (No pun intended) I came from a working class family, got off my backside and made something of myself and do not, in any way, rely on my country's government. I am self funded and because I worked hard, I have more than enough to live on comfortably and do not have not worry about something rising by $0.50 or higher. Do you feel happy with you life, I couldn't see why. It must be terrible to be negative, but it does explain your attitude.

Showing compassion and consideration for the working class. Now into playing the class divide are we? Haven't changed have we, this started off between you and I, about an increase in egg prices but overtime you have introduced Thais, other countries, disabilities, Scrooge, feelings, what else do you have up your sleeve? Not much I would say because here you are still complaining about a miserable $0.50 increase.

As for being Scrooge. You wouldn't have a clue but just for your benefit my wife and I employ a number of the poorer people in our area and pay them well above the daily rate. I feel for them as I know how hard it is for them, and I never hear them complain, but then there are others who I would not feed as they wouldn't get off their backside if their lives depended on it. Those are the ones who I have no time for as they are just plan lazy and if that is the way they want to live. so be it.

What is the real Thailand. Please enlighten or is it just like half of the other rot you post, just do so and have no answer when it is put back to you. People are called many things, it's like if the cap fits. Very sensitive aren't we? Chill pills, see what I say, no argument. And eat less eggs? That would have to apply to yourself, as I'm not the one complaining about the horrendous $0.50 increase. And please, don't worry about my health, my cholesterol is fine thanks.

Yes, I live in a bubble, it has 4 bedrooms, lounge room, two bathrooms, three toilets, inside and outside kitchen, a pool, two car garage and is located on 5 rai, adjacent to a beautiful river. And my wife and I own it so the bubble will never burst. So, in the scheme of things, I really don't give a toss about what you have to say and if all you have to complain about is a $0.50 increase in eggs, then you really don't have a life, Do you? So get one, work harder and you might be able to afford the increase.

Funny to see your posts are getting longer and longer and the hole your digging gets deeper and deeper, You finally admit that you are well of and that a price increase of 50% for eggs doesn't really affect you. Well, good for you. How about a 50% increase on your next car? Great for you that you can brag about your 4 bedroom house, 5 rai's of land and not having to worry about money. You must be a proud man, Your own little kingdom.

Point I am trying to make is that a lot of people don't have such proclaimed 'luxury' and struggle with inflation and rising prices. I surprises me that you fail to understand that and react so strong on such a statement. You could show some sympathy instead of becoming abusive, insulting and showing a complete lack of empathy. And your advice for those who cannot afford something is to get a life and work harder. Wow, you are a very kind person,

And the real Thailand? Maybe come down from your throne and have a look.

SoilSpoil

Funny to see your posts are getting longer and longer and the hole your digging gets deeper and deeper, You finally admit that you are well of and that a price increase of 50% for eggs doesn't really affect you. Well, good for you. How about a 50% increase on your next car? Great for you that you can brag about your 4 bedroom house, 5 rai's of land and not having to worry about money. You must be a proud man, Your own little kingdom.

Point I am trying to make is that a lot of people don't have such proclaimed 'luxury' and struggle with inflation and rising prices. I surprises me that you fail to understand that and react so strong on such a statement. You could show some sympathy instead of becoming abusive, insulting and showing a complete lack of empathy. And your advice for those who cannot afford something is to get a life and work harder. Wow, you are a very kind person,

And the real Thailand? Maybe come down from your throne and have a look.

Touchy aren't we. Now you are going from the sublime to the ridiculous. we were talking about eggs, not all that you have introduced. So the next thing up your sleeve is to bring digging holes and a vehicle into the equation. So what if I have been able to provide for myself, didn't you. By the sound of it, I think not and now want to go off on the great divide..

Let's get something straight, everything since the initial post, I have directed my responses at you, no one else. You started going off on that tangent, not I. And yes, if the car went up by 50% and I wanted it, then I would buy it. Might not like it but I would not bleat about the increase as you continually do. But like everyone, we have choices, to buy or not to buy.

No, not bragging, just satisfied that I have been able to provide for my wife and I. Reading your post it sounds like you're unhappy an definitely thin skinned. So what if someone works hard to get somewhere, it appears that you don't like to see others get something that maybe you are incapable of? I also see that you're up to you little tricks again., combining two subjects, then list a single misleading response, which you seem to specialise in.

And you still fail to answer the question. Define the real Thailand. The real Thailand has nothing to do with me getting off a throne, never owned one but maybe I should get one just to keep you happy. Come on, tell me what I am missing, tell me what the real Thailand is? Still waiting in anticipation.