best bkk hotel for tdy per diem

jdlancaster

I am looking for the best deal given my per diem for 12 days in bkk. It's set at $146 which I believe must include the VAT tax. Anything I don't spend I lose. I'm looking for a place that'll give lots of extras such as a long executive club happy hour free food etc... im trying not to spend alot of money elsewhere so i can pocket my food perdiem....anyone have any good experiences?

Asia strikes me as a region that is about of low cost, but not at all inclusive. Alcohol is expensive, I doubt you will find a aycd free happy hour or free massages or free anything. The costs ate minimal compared to the west, but everything costs.

Why don't you enjoy the stipend and book yourself into the best hotel you can, say the Oriental. Maybe a new luxury hotel each trip.

Well there are definitely options with happy hour and such. 6 months ago I had a executive room at the holiday inn sukhumvit 22 was upgraded to a suite and came with free breakfast and soft drinks and free alcohol from 6-8 with snacks and salad. Right now I'm considering going there again or maybe the continent hotel. The continent has something similar for their sky rooms but I have never stayed there. I've only gone to the axis and spin bar there. I am sure some other hotels have something similar in my budget but I don't know where.

Eastin in Sathorn is good....nice happy hour cocktails in the Exec lounge and right by the BTS.

Good one smokie. I've stayed there a few times and their choice of exec floor nibbles during happy hour meant I was stuffed enough not to have to shell out for dinner

• Like 1