Subaru XV...What a deal!

umbanda

a friend of mine told me about this car awhile back too..

she said that wait for the motor show and the entry level model may go as low as 7xx,xxx.

so i've decided to wait for the motor show..

also saw one of the XVs on the road.. i thought it looked pretty good! we honda CRV now.. and the XV looks nicer and lower.. plus the rims are cool... not sure about the interior though..

Had one since the end of last year. A little (DELETED) at the beginning about the price reduction, but calculator in hand, considering discounts, 0% financing and all, I come out nearly even.
Handling is excellent. Regardless of what reviews say, acceleration is not bad either. Can smoke the occasional coil sprung 2.2 tonne-pickup-frame SUV anytime ;-)

Edited by seedy
language

Cars which are produced in Asia for the Asian market ( except japain ) are not comparable with the same brand produced and sold for USA , Europe;

No engine sold here could reach min exhaust limits in Europe !

Thaey are 100:1 in quality !

Engine, material, inner design,

outside looking olmost same;

In Europe I use 6l/100 km,

same modell here, same cmm engine , 8lit/100km;

a good branch name from Japan !!

the best and cheapest car is NO car !!

Had one since the end of last year. A little (DELETED) at the beginning about the price reduction, but calculator in hand, considering discounts, 0% financing and all, I come out nearly even.

Handling is excellent. Regardless of what reviews say, acceleration is not bad either. Can smoke the occasional coil sprung 2.2 tonne-pickup-frame SUV anytime ;-)

Somebody here said that Subaru is reimbursing previous price buyers with the difference. Look in that. May be true...and you lucky.

The writing is on the wall I think globally for auto makers to constrict their offerings and markets and stick to their core competencies and markets. I'm afraid this will result in far less choice in Thailand in the near future as this trend manifests itself with those slugging it out in this tough market.

With the 2012 departure of Suzuki from the U.S. market, the title of "most challenged" automaker probably passes to Mitsubishi.

While it's backed by a huge Japanese conglomerate, it's a tiny player in the tough North American market, and has had few new products lately.

Mitsubishi Gives Up On Sedans, To Make Only SUVs Henceforth

https://autos.yahoo.com/news/mitsubishi-gives-sedans-only-suvs-henceforth-141332858.html

• Like 1

at least in XV's case, the 2 litre boxer is the same in all markets.

as for safety, we get 3 airbags (front and knee for the driver). in other countries at least 7 (front, side, curtain and knee for the driver)

Are you sure.. the website seems to imply full airbags!

http://motorimage.net/TH/showroom/XV/MY12/?pg=safety

The air bags should not be full until deployed.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

at least in XV's case, the 2 litre boxer is the same in all markets.

as for safety, we get 3 airbags (front and knee for the driver). in other countries at least 7 (front, side, curtain and knee for the driver)

Are you sure.. the website seems to imply full airbags!

http://motorimage.net/TH/showroom/XV/MY12/?pg=safety

The air bags should not be full until deployed.

hopefully never!

• Like 1

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Somebody here said that Subaru is reimbursing previous price buyers with the difference. Look in that. May be true...and you lucky.

yes, that would be nice, but I wouldn't hold my breath on Subaru's promises...