Learning to drive - licence?

pontious

Unfortunately there is no provision in the driving laws here for any type of learners permit or restricted license. So if your friend is stopped he should have no trouble with the police. Insurance is based on the car, not on the driver, although if an unlicensed driver were to have an accident I seriously doubt if the insurance would cover it. But he could talk to his agent and be certain

On the other hand, teaching a "girlfriend / wife " to drive is an exercise in patience, that I certainly would not attempt. Paid for a driving school in Pattaya to save my relationship and sanity

• Like 2

Got stopped by BB whist teaching a woman to drive a few years back. She didnt even have her id card with her. After paying a 500 Baht fine we were told I could keep her on the road for 7 days from the date of the fine. Don't know if this will apply in your area.

Got stopped by BB whist teaching a woman to drive a few years back. She didnt even have her id card with her. After paying a 500 Baht fine we were told I could keep her on the road for 7 days from the date of the fine. Don't know if this will apply in your area.

The 7 days is only for the ticket. As long as you have it in your possession and your stopped for the same offense your not fined. This is standard throughout Thailand for any ticket.

send her to one of the Meany Thai driving schools/ 3500 baht will get you 14 hrs or so behind the wheel. Do a Google search

Teach her how to drive first or you will have to break the bad habits after.

The rules here are a sham.

The instructors and the enforcers don't know how to drive either.

send her to one of the Meany Thai driving schools/ 3500 baht will get you 14 hrs or so behind the wheel. Do a Google search

Teach her how to drive first or you will have to break the bad habits after.

The rules here are a sham.

The instructors and the enforcers don't know how to drive either.

Well said, I would not trust any Thai driving instructor. I know it will never be the case, but a Westerner should be allowed to

teach driving here and get a work permit, after all, it is a job that (DELETED) can't do.

Edited by seedy
negative comment Thai people
  • Like 1