Went today to get first ED visa extention

arrived at about 845 am got que number # 95

Went to seating area N-1 area was there about 20 minutes then some nice chap gave me his his number guess he didn't need it number 39

Which was the next one to be called woo ho

Got call didn't even ask me any questions stamped 90 day extention went to document area that took about 5 min then told to wait so I'm thinking ok now for the dreaded test since im a thai language student but no 5 min later she comes out with my passport stamped and signed

Hands it to me saying see you in 90 days Kuhn

เครก painless in an out less than an hour and the place was packed

So are they not doing the thai language test anymore ?

Btw U.S. citizen Ed visa thai language school Kasem Bundit university

That sounds amazing considering just 2 weeks ago many people were saying that their BKK schools were telling them they had to pay 5k if they wanted 90 days or if they didn't they'd get stuffed around at immigration!

Btw, what is เครก?

Registering at Kasem Bundit university probably permits a one year extension of stay and the OP was making a 90 day report.

Reading the OP's post it says he did a 90 day extension, not a 90 day reporting of address.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Registering at Kasem Bundit university probably permits a one year extension of stay and the OP was making a 90 day report.

Reading the OP's post it says he did a 90 day extension, not a 90 day reporting of address.

Many are "confused" about the difference ! smile.png

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Many are "confused" about the difference ! smile.png

Very true, but he did say :

Oh I did pay the usual fee of 1900 baht and that's just my name in thai

This person is doing UNIVERSITY study

The scamming is only against private schools

You go to school full time and pay 10 times more

End of story

University students, from my understanding, are not required to apply for extensions every 90 days. Their visa (or first extension) is for a full 12 months.

Quote of OP "Ed visa thai language school Kasem Bundit university "

It appears to be part of the University but it is still considered an informal school thus he is getting 90 day extensions.

The OP said in a different post that he was doing a 4 years BA program,going every day to school 4 hours a day.

Not really an ''Informal school" program ....

going to Kasem Bundit university full time

5 days a week 4 hours a day taking thai for forigners BA 4 year program

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/807804-non-o-ed-visa-renewal/?hl=%2Bkasem+%2Bbundit+%2Buniversity

probably helped that you have a Thai name and not a western name.

op would seem to be one of the good guys, correct visa for his stay here.

It is a transliteration of his name. Just proof he has learned to write his name in Thai.

Back in 2013 when I was on an ED Visa, we had to do both an extension and the 90 day report (two diff queues at chaeng wattana). You may want to check with your school on that, it's easy to miss and just do the extension first time round

Your first extension counts as a 90-day report, so the OP has no problem there :-)

My understanding is that whether or not you get tested, and or hassled has to do with predominantly two factors

1. The immigration center that you go to.

My school said go to Center X and not to the one at Y because at Y they tend to hassle people.

I went as directed and had no problems at all.

2. The actual school you attend.

Seems like (and I cannot prove this) some schools have shoddy reputations, and the people behind the counter take a closer look at people attending such schools.

Also, as I wrote once before-

I decided that the best way to not get hassled was to learn how to read.

And yes, write one's name, even if you do so in a very awkward fashion.

If you can read all of the letters and read (with likely a bad accent) text that is put in front of you, I think it is clear that you have definitely been studying.

It appears to be part of the University but it is still considered an informal school thus he is getting 90 day extensions.

The OP said in a different post that he was doing a 4 years BA program,going every day to school 4 hours a day.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/807804-non-o-ed-visa-renewal/?hl=%2Bkasem+%2Bbundit+%2Buniversity

If he attends a full time University program he should have a 1 year extension and not a 90 day one.

If he attends a full time University program he should have a 1 year extension and not a 90 day one.

I think they are changing that too...

Really?

Or is that just unsubstantiated rumour ?

There are no changes planned at this stage. ( but you never know for sure off-course tit )