Where Do I find My MRV Receipt Number?

Applying for a US visa for my Thai wife. I have have followed all the instructions, made the payment at the bank and am now at step number 8; making the appointment. I'm looking at my cash receipt and can't find the MRV number. I have entered every number on the receipt but get the following message:

Step 8: Please enter your MRV receipt information below.

• No valid record can be found for the entered receipt number. Please validate that your receipt number is correct and that you have paid the correct amount for the visa which you are applying for. [0052812332A]
  • Summary of Charges:
  • Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Seems like you do not have to enter any number, and will have to wait for them to receive payment before schedule appointment

Cash at Bank

You can pay your nonimmigrant visa (NIV) application fee with cash at any Bank of Ayudhya (BAY) branch in Thailand. For a full list of branch locations, please click here. Before going to BAY Bank, you must print both the applicable U.S. visa application deposit slip available below AND a BAY Bank deposit slip which will need to be completed in the branch. Take BOTH the CGI deposit slip and the BAY Bank deposit slip with you to pay your fee. For a full list of branch locations, please click here: http://www.krungsri.com/th/locations.aspx

1. After logging into your profile and while on the payment selection screen, you can select the ‘Cash’ payment Option.
  2. You will print a deposit slip that will contain a unique Virtual Account number and a unique CGI reference number which you must include in your cash payment.
  3. You must also print a BAY Bank deposit slip which will need to be completed in the branch. Take BOTH the CGI deposit slip and the BAY Bank deposit slip with you to pay your fee.
  4. To pay the visa fee take both of the completed deposit slips to your bank. Include your Virtual Account number and CGI Reference number in the payment deposit information. If you do not include the Virtual Account number and CGI Reference number or you do not pay the exact Thai Baht amount indicated on the deposit slip, you will not be able to schedule you appointment.
  5. After receiving your payment, the cashier will give you a back the bottom half of your Bay Bank deposit slip stamped confirming payment. Save your receipt as proof of payment.
  6. Once we receive your payment, you will be sent an email to notify you. Once you receive the email, you can then return to your account to schedule your appointment(s).
  • Like 1

Seems like you do not have to enter any number, and will have to wait for them to receive payment before schedule appointment

Cash at Bank

You can pay your nonimmigrant visa (NIV) application fee with cash at any Bank of Ayudhya (BAY) branch in Thailand. For a full list of branch locations, please click here. Before going to BAY Bank, you must print both the applicable U.S. visa application deposit slip available below AND a BAY Bank deposit slip which will need to be completed in the branch. Take BOTH the CGI deposit slip and the BAY Bank deposit slip with you to pay your fee. For a full list of branch locations, please click here: http://www.krungsri.com/th/locations.aspx

1. After logging into your profile and while on the payment selection screen, you can select the ‘Cash’ payment Option.
  2. You will print a deposit slip that will contain a unique Virtual Account number and a unique CGI reference number which you must include in your cash payment.
  3. You must also print a BAY Bank deposit slip which will need to be completed in the branch. Take BOTH the CGI deposit slip and the BAY Bank deposit slip with you to pay your fee.
  4. To pay the visa fee take both of the completed deposit slips to your bank. Include your Virtual Account number and CGI Reference number in the payment deposit information. If you do not include the Virtual Account number and CGI Reference number or you do not pay the exact Thai Baht amount indicated on the deposit slip, you will not be able to schedule you appointment.
  5. After receiving your payment, the cashier will give you a back the bottom half of your Bay Bank deposit slip stamped confirming payment. Save your receipt as proof of payment.
  6. Once we receive your payment, you will be sent an email to notify you. Once you receive the email, you can then return to your account to schedule your appointment(s).

Thanks. I just reread number 6. You are right.

Edited by bhatmasterson

I paid online via bank transfer last year and copied the transfer page but got no number.

I tried to arrange the appointment but couldn't without the number. I went to my bank and they couldn't give me a number. I logged countless calls with the visa helpline but was told they couldn't do anything without the number. Eventually I just told them to forget it, but was told don't do that as we can see your payment arriving in our account! But they couldn't do anything without the number so we lost the money and didn't visit the U.S.

I paid online via bank transfer last year and copied the transfer page but got no number.

I tried to arrange the appointment but couldn't without the number. I went to my bank and they couldn't give me a number. I logged countless calls with the visa helpline but was told they couldn't do anything without the number. Eventually I just told them to forget it, but was told don't do that as we can see your payment arriving in our account! But they couldn't do anything without the number so we lost the money and didn't visit the U.S.

This is worrying. It will soon be 24 hours since the cash payment was made at the bank and still no email with MRV number.

Has anyone else had a problem with receiving the MRV number?

Thanks

There have been over 100 views of this thread so I think others may be interested in knowing of any progress being made on this situation.

After not hearing anything concerning the MRV number I have written to support@ustraveldocs.com and received the prompt reply as follows:

Thank you for writing US Visa Service Desk.

Please provide the following information for us to assist your further:

Consulate:
Name of the applicant:
Passport Number:
Visa Class:
DS-160 Number:
Phone Number:

Regards,

US Visa Service Desk
Have sent the requested info along with scan of DS-160 and payment receipt from The Bank Of Ayudhaya. Even though these documents weren't requested, I thought including them might serve to clear up any additional questions.
I will report back on how this situation is handled for others who might run into the same difficulty.

There have been over 100 views of this thread so I think others may be interested in knowing of any progress being made on this situation.

After not hearing anything concerning the MRV number I have written to support@ustraveldocs.com and received the prompt reply as follows:

Thank you for writing US Visa Service Desk.

Please provide the following information for us to assist your further:

Consulate:

Name of the applicant:

Passport Number:

Visa Class:

DS-160 Number:

Phone Number:

Regards,

US Visa Service Desk

Have sent the requested info along with scan of DS-160 and payment receipt from The Bank Of Ayudhaya. Even though these documents weren't requested, I thought including them might serve to clear up any additional questions.
I will report back on how this situation is handled for others who might run into the same difficulty.

After trying unsuccessfully to work out the problem online I asked for a phone number. A quick conversation cleared up the problem and I was given an appointment date over the phone. The earliest date was the following week. However, feeling that we would need more time to prepare, I asked for a later date and was accommodated. If in doubt during the payment appointment process make a phone call.

• 4 months later...

The Receipt Number is found on the Electronics Fund & Cash Deposit Instructions Sheet.

It is a 11 digit number also know as the Virtual Account ID.

It comes live at 12:00 noon on the business day after you make the payment at the bank.

Edited by jvc
  • Like 1