Singaporean, 3 Thais arrested in drug bust

Thaivisa News

Singaporean man, three Thais arrested for allegedly selling pseudoephedrine

cme.jpg
Chrystal meth and a pipe to smoke it.

Bangkok:- Police have arrested a Singaporean man and three Thais in connection to alleged trade of pseudoephedrine, the precursor chemical for crystal methamphetamine.

The four suspects were identified as Lo Eng Boon, 68, Suchada Jitsopha, 33, Athi Sathitthanatham, 58, and Jirawut Suphapong, 28.

The arrest was announced at a press conference at the 191 Patrol Police Command at 1 pm Thursday by 191 police commander Pol Maj Gen Phanurat Lakboon.

Present at the press conference were 2.34 kilograms of crystal methamphetamine or ice and 60,000 tablets of pseudoephedrine drug as well as two digital scales.

Counter sale of pseudoephedrine has been outlawed after it was found that the medicine can be used as precursor chemical for making methamphetamine and ice.

Phanurat said police had received tips-off that a Singapore man and some Thais had been selling pseudoephedrine to Thais and Myanmar people for making the ice and methamphetamine drug, which would be smuggled back to be sold in Thailand.

Phanurat said police learned that that the alleged gang had also sold pseudoephedrine to some foreigners on Sukhumvit Road for making the ice drug right in Bangkok.

Police learned from informants that the suspects were hiding pseudoephedrine drug in their rented room at the RMB Apartment on Soi Ramkhamhaen 43/1 so police got a search warrant from the court.

Police, officers from the Office of the Narcotics Control Board and scientific crime detection officers raided the room of Athi and Lo Eng and found the ice drug.

At that time, Suchada was inside the room. She tested positive to ice use. She later told police that Jirawut had took the pseudoephedrine drug away.

Police later arrested Jirawut and seized 60,000 pseudoephedrine tablets at his room on Soi Ramkhamhaeng 24.

I miss the original "Ultimate Orange" work out drink, it was packed with Ephedrine and it was awesome. Originally it was banned(Ephedrine US) claiming it caused heart attacks but I guess that was to cover up that you can make drugs out of it.

Thanks Breaking Bad

I miss the original "Ultimate Orange" work out drink, it was packed with Ephedrine and it was awesome. Originally it was banned(Ephedrine US) claiming it caused heart attacks but I guess that was to cover up that you can make drugs out of it.

Thanks Breaking Bad

Nah they just don't want you to feel Goooooood biggrin.png

There is no better drug than pseudoephedrine to stop hayfever...

You people love to gloat about the demon drug pseudoephedrine that you know nothing about.

pseudoephedrine works wonders...

It works wonders to make you breath if you are allergic or have asthma and to make you more energetic and increase metabolism.

I would not be surprised if I have swallowed more pseudoephedrine capsules than you have.

The same-day mini-"crash" which me and my friends experienced were horrible. You take it in the morning and feel like crap in the evening.

Pseudoephedrine itself is more or less harmless. I dont consider it a dangerous chemical.

It just happens to be a precursor to methamphetamine.

Edited by BKKBobby

There is no better drug than pseudoephedrine to stop hayfever...

You people love to gloat about the demon drug pseudoephedrine that you know nothing about.

pseudoephedrine works wonders...

Absolutely! I used to take a tablet maybe once every other day (60mg) and breathing problems be gone. None of the replacements work as well. Real pain in the arse when it was banned. I knew a pharmacy in Penang used to sell it (shhhh....) but then he apparently ran out of stock or just wouldn't sell it to me. I never saw it sold in powdered form.

A chief ingredient of Sudafed which was great for post nasal drip due to colds and hayfever, is still sold in some countries, but in restricted quantities.

This has been circumvented by the practice of "Smurfing", Smurfing is a term law enforcement and illicit drug distributors use to refer to the hiring of individuals to purchase pseudoephedrine. These individuals buy up to the limit permitted by law (typically a monthly limit, as in the United States) in order to avoid arousing suspicion, but then pool their purchases in order to exceed the legal limit. This is done in order to facilitate the manufacture of illicit drugs such as methamphetamine

• 2 months later...

I was googling around looking for a pharmacy that sells this and came around this thread. Most of you suggest that this is banned, but I have been regularly prescribed this drug by my hospital (60mg made by Milano Lab). It really does help with breathing at night, I guess this would not be available OTC?

Dont try to buy pseudoephedrine in Thailand.

The police here dont look at it as a medicine or a bodybuilding/diet supplement, they see it as a precursor to metamphetamine.