My Opinion Regarding Best Possible Protection Without Condom.....

lostinisaan

Hello and Swasdee khrap,

After a few years trying this and that, I have come to the conclusion that you need three programs to ensure a fast and reliable machine.

I was pretty close to format my PC, but then found Spy Hunter 4. In addition, I run the AVG Tune Up 2015, which let's you do many tasks in one program.

Then switch on Windows Defender, keep it up to date and you'll be good to go.

Once the system runs well, back it up with Acronis, or the Windows program, which is one of the most important thing to consider.

For a poster who sent me a private message regarding Spy Hunter. Some wannabe programs do see it a a virus. Switch all of them off, once you've got all running you do not need Kaspersky & Co anymore.

Once in a while I switch on my Hard drive Sentinel to see the health of my HD.

Just my 5 baht after many headaches in the past. facepalm.gif

Nice topic!

My wife doesn't want to get pregnant again and, after reading this, I told her that I will take a computer program for best protection. She said that I will need a very special one to resolve an specific problem, because my machine is not reliable...and when she use it... is very fast.

• Like 2

The bottom line is that no computer is malware proof, and there is no perfect antimalware solution.

You must practice the safest of behaviour and more importantly have decent, malware-free backups.

Same applies if you are on Mac, Linux, iOS or Windows.

It's only a question of degrees of risk.

• Like 2

There is also baidu av and ccleaner if you wan't a good machine. they all pick up items that are missed by your list of software.

You do not seem to know a lot about Baidu, do you? Just forget my post, use whatever you want to use and it's good.

My Filipino colleague had Baidu AV on his machine. Almost impossible to delete the program.

It even switches TheUninstaller off, but also creating other problems when you'e trying to delete it.

I apologize as I thought it could help some people to solve some problems and I think it's time to shut it down, before the whole Malwarebytes, free AVG, etc..teams op in.

Please Admins, shut it down. Thanks a lot in advance. wai2.gif

Nice topic!

My wife doesn't want to get pregnant again and, after reading this, I told her that I will take a computer program for best protection. She said that I will need a very special one to resolve an specific problem, because my machine is not reliable...and when she use it... is very fast.

She might already have, ( or always had) a in Thailand produced machine that's more reliable than yours. coffee1.gif

whistling.gif I personally use a program form a company called IOLO that is known as System Mechanic Pro which in addition to scanning for viruses and malware let's you do a number of things to clean up your hard dive and remove clutter which increases the speed and efficiency of your drive when run when you run it regularly.

It is normally the first thing I do daily before I log on to the net each morning..

Free daily virus and malware updates too.

Best $50 dollars I ever spent.

Baidu:

• CONS
    Download protection missed many very-new threats, actively identified them as safe. Behavioral detection flags both good and bad programs. Poor local malware blocking. Identified two valid programs as malware. Antiphishing totally ineffective. Limited options to handle resistant or persistent malware.

It seems the only way to get rid of Baidu is a HD re format, the problem is that it's solid into facebook and any number of Thai language programs....wifey gets onto the computer and thinks she'll help out?? sad.pngbah.gifwai.gif

Baidu:

• CONS
    Download protection missed many very-new threats, actively identified them as safe. Behavioral detection flags both good and bad programs. Poor local malware blocking. Identified two valid programs as malware. Antiphishing totally ineffective. Limited options to handle resistant or persistent malware.

It seems the only way to get rid of Baidu is a HD re format, the problem is that it's solid into facebook and any number of Thai language programs....wifey gets onto the computer and thinks she'll help out?? sad.pngbah.gifwai.gif

Spy Hunter will get rid off it.

Baidu:

• CONS

Spy Hunter will get rid off it.

I downloaded Spy Hunter earlier after your recommendation and after scanning I tried un-installing the crap spyware only to find I could not unless I used the paid version.............BHF rubbish facepalm.gif now deleted from my pc.

Is this program capable of removing all posts and references from a particular user who continually writes long winded diatribes proving his utter ignorance of all things computer security related? Is there a Linux version?

sent from my slim 1+ using tapatalk

Edited by dharmabm
  • Like 1

Im with dharmabm and mr somtam, iptables and rkhunter work for me.

And any staff who install baidu on work machines are instantly fired for gross misconduct.

Why not just save yourself the headache and remove the ability for them to install any software?

(I go a step further and block all internet access for all but a few computers that need it to do their job.)

Edited by dharmabm

"I downloaded Spy Hunter earlier after your recommendation and after scanning I tried un-installing the crap spyware only to find I could not unless I used the paid version.............BHF rubbish facepalm.gif.pagespeed.ce.EuN79TyYk_JFYd now deleted from my pc"

Which was already mentioned that you'll need the not free version of it. BTW, can you get a free Mercedes Benz? coffee1.gif

For a poster who sent me a private message regarding Spy Hunter. Some wannabe programs do see it a a virus. Switch all of them off, once you've got all running you do not need Kaspersky & Co anymore.

AV software only see the hacked version as a virus.

Is that Spyhunter by Enigma Software?
The guys at Bleeping computer rate Spyhunter as pretty dodgy:
It was previously listed as a rogue product on the Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products List because of the company's history of employing aggressive and deceptive advertising such as false positives as a goad to spur people to buy it to remove the supposed 'malware'.
Security vendors who have tried in the past to label it as malware received threats of legal action for attempting to do so or agreed to legal settlements as a result of litigation brough forth by Enigma Software.
There have also been reports of deceptive advertising eg most users are not aware that when purchasing SpyHunter, they have agreed to a subscription service with an automatic renewal policy.
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550005/spyhunter-vs-malwarebytes-vs-iobit/#entry3491488

You may also want to read some of the user comments posted on the Complaints Board: Enigma Software Group Spyhunter Complaints & Reviews.
http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/enigma-software-group-spyhunter-c262520.html

• Like 1

It's not about which software or what package you install, and which one is best or what sites you visit, it's about your own discipline when it comes to being click happy and opening .scr or .zip files etc etc.

Is that Spyhunter by Enigma Software?

The guys at Bleeping computer rate Spyhunter as pretty dodgy:

It was previously listed as a rogue product on the Rogue/Suspect Anti-Spyware Products List because of the company's history of employing aggressive and deceptive advertising such as false positives as a goad to spur people to buy it to remove the supposed 'malware'.

Security vendors who have tried in the past to label it as malware received threats of legal action for attempting to do so or agreed to legal settlements as a result of litigation brough forth by Enigma Software.

There have also been reports of deceptive advertising eg most users are not aware that when purchasing SpyHunter, they have agreed to a subscription service with an automatic renewal policy.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550005/spyhunter-vs-malwarebytes-vs-iobit/#entry3491488

You may also want to read some of the user comments posted on the Complaints Board: Enigma Software Group Spyhunter Complaints & Reviews.

http://www.complaintsboard.com/complaints/enigma-software-group-spyhunter-c262520.html

Yep, it is a product of Enigma software. I've received the username and password from a friend, used the same on my notebook, PC, son's PC and one at my school.

I wanted to reformat two if these machines, but could finally get rid off the 555 browser hijacker,, dao, plenty of Baidu products and finally got all machines cleaned up and backed up on an external drive.

I've checked on their website and did see their policy regarding the automatic six months renewal. Please see attached file.

Should I encounter a problem I only make a system restore with Acronis and got it back, full functioning.

post-158336-0-49935400-1427077425_thumb.

I received the password an username from a friend laugh.pnglaugh.png

The username and password are checked on their online database, and only a hacked copy will pass on multiple devices with the same credentials.

As long as it shows valid, I'm okay with it. Seems that I have to have a word with my friend////// laugh.pnglaugh.png

Edited by lostinisaan
  • Like 1

The username and password are checked on their online database, and only a hacked copy will pass on multiple devices with the same credentials.

As long as it shows valid, I'm okay with it. Seems that I have to have a word with my friend////// laugh.pnglaugh.png

lostinisaan

pity that you ever started this thread in the first place whistling.gif

pointless comes to mind wink.png

• Like 2

lostinisaan

pity that you ever started this thread in the first place whistling.gif

pointless comes to mind wink.png

You're right and it's time to shut it down. Please Mods close this one, wasn't meant to go this direction. i apologize.

Im with dharmabm and mr somtam, iptables and rkhunter work for me.

And any staff who install baidu on work machines are instantly fired for gross misconduct.

Why not just save yourself the headache and remove the ability for them to install any software?

(I go a step further and block all internet access for all but a few computers that need it to do their job.)

You're criticizing my posts, but you seem to be a very ignorant and inexperienced guy regarding computer soft- and hardware.

Your step further to "block all internet access", doesn't make you to a better person.

BTW, nobody, and I mean nobody was pleasing you to reply, or comment on this one.

When you read it again, you might find out that I wrote " my opinion." And that's what it is.

I shared my experience with others, because there're some people on this forum who'd helped me.

Did you ever help anybody else, excluding yourself? I doubt it, when reading your post.

Please just ignore my posts in the future, Sir. Thanks a lot for your kindness..wai2.gif

Edited by lostinisaan

adw free download finds and deals with "hidden" stuff you don't want. CCleaner is not a bug finder, it just removes history to give more space. Revo un-installer removes difficult stuff. Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware are good at dealing with nasties.

All these downloads are free but are manual, I have MSE as a constant, never have a problem with this combination, and do not slow things up. thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

adw free download finds and deals with "hidden" stuff you don't want. CCleaner is not a bug finder, it just removes history to give more space. Revo un-installer removes difficult stuff. Malwarebytes and SuperAntiSpyware are good at dealing with nasties.

All these downloads are free but are manual, I have MSE as a constant, never have a problem with this combination, and do not slow things up. thumbsup.gif

Thanks for sharing Trans. As you know, we all have our "opinion" what's good and what's bad.

I did try all to get as many possible infections, ( by downloading all sorts of programs, movies, etc..)

to be able to know what program suits me best. I must have spent days, weeks, months for troubleshooting.

Finally this is not a conclusion I've made within a few months. It took some years to figure that out.

I still run my Kaspersky AV, Windows Defender, Spy Hunter 4 and AVG Tune Up 2015 from time to time.

Trans, I'm NOT talking about the 2011 version, I had on my machine for quite a long time.

It does many useful tasks, please see attached screenshots.

That's from the school computer running W.8.1 Cheers- wai2.gif

post-158336-0-90084100-1427255181_thumb.

post-158336-0-70872800-1427255185_thumb.