Information Required - Rayong

LoongJohn

Morning All!

I'm planning to move to Thailand sometime in the near future with my Thai wife (married 40 years+) and planning to stay for 12 months - possibly longer, depending on how things turn out. We tend towards the quiet life.

The various postings I've found on Thaivisa have so far been very informative, and I'm grateful.

Working on the basis that the best way to get answers is to ask the experts, I would appreciate input on Rayong - can anybody tell me anything about the place?

Cheers

LoongJohn

Morning All!

I'm planning to move to Thailand sometime in the near future with my Thai wife (married 40 years+) and planning to stay for 12 months - possibly longer, depending on how things turn out. We tend towards the quiet life.

The various postings I've found on Thaivisa have so far been very informative, and I'm grateful.

Working on the basis that the best way to get answers is to ask the experts, I would appreciate input on Rayong - can anybody tell me anything about the place?

Cheers

LoongJohn

Ive been there a couple of times and the main attraction of it is Koh Samet... :o I love that Island

Im sure you wouldnt have a problem finding i nice place in Rayong... Ive been to touristy islands like Samui and Tao etc but not Phuket.. but from where ive been i would have to say Samet takes the cake.

That would be my main reason for moving over that way... Its a hop-skip and a jump to paradise...

Anyone else agree??? :D

Yes, Samet is easily the best. Getting there is not as easy as the other islands and thats probably what keeps it so pristine.

LJ, if you are moving to Rayong, you would have ample opportunities to visit Samet island, but it (Samet) is note the place to park your caravan if you want a reasonable social life too, other than just peace and quiet.

I would highly recommend renting an apartment or a bungalow at one of the beaches on Rayong (mainland), Ban Phe being one of my personal favourites. Being there, you are not so far from town and you can also make it to Samet and back in a day.

Rayong - you'll love it!

:o